Red Cards

Hi, I have always wondered why do red cards get a one match suspension only?

In which league are you managing?

Most red cards are 1 match bans

The English FA rules are:

1 match suspension for: denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area), denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving

towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick or receiving a second caution in the same match

2 match suspension for: using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures

3 match suspension: serious foul play, violent conduct or spitting at an opponent or any other person

This is documented here

Never had any more than a one match ban on any version.

I am getting the same old problem Ridley highlighted a couple of years back, every time I appeal a ban in a league match (I mostly play English leagues only) I've never had it repealed, yet every other red card (European matches, friendlies, cup games etc) a player has appealed, it has been repealed!! Strange!

still waiting for my 1st red card to be over turned since we could first appeal against them!! and i dont appeal everyone either, thats why i think something needs to be implemented to show whether you have a chance in your appeal or not!

still waiting for my 1st red card to be over turned since we could first appeal against them!! and i dont appeal everyone either, thats why i think something needs to be implemented to show whether you have a chance in your appeal or not!

maybe something like 'your assistant thinks you have a good chance of it being overturned' or 'your assistant believes it would be pointless to appeal' and maybe another one for being unsure

maybe something like 'your assistant thinks you have a good chance of it being overturned' or 'your assistant believes it would be pointless to appeal' and maybe another one for being unsure

exactly what im after or read back through the commentary to find out why the were sent off and make your own judgment on whether to appeal or not

Archived