A Consortium Bought out my Board

I have been playing Crystal Palace and am in Novemeber in the first season. A Russian consortium have come in and bought the club after a month or so of negotiations in the news.

There is an up and a down side to this. The plus point is that they have invesyted over £12 million and are building new training facilities. Although none of this money has been made available for transfer.

The down side is the said they were going to bring in a new manager, but have reconsidered and are now going to give me a chance.

I have not been doing badley sitting in the mid table. The board so far have been satisfied with me.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I think this could be great as they have come in clearly wanting to move the club forward but who knows!

I've had it happen to me and got a big transfer budget come January, even though they'd said they weren't planning to invest after the takeover had completed and were also linked to another manager. But I showed my credentials by sitting firmly in the playoffs and with the January signings ended up winning the league.

In our last epic Clan game, I took over at Ayr Utd, no sooner than I had sat down, the club was taken over, and days later I was on my way again. Somewhere in the region of a month from arriving till the board takeover, only took charge of the side for a very few games. Quote "It was always the new owners intention to appoint their own manager" Sometimes you get lucky, others you don't!

It happened to me in 08 if i remember rightly. I got a shoot load of money injected into the team, became too easy and i got bored.

At lower levels its a great thing but when you're already a fairly good team its like a shot in the back of the head. Becomes boring cause you have the money for any player you want.

I hope i can pick things up a bit. I am on my way up the league at the moment after a terrible start to the season. Hopefully this will give them faith and encourage them to push some more money my way. Don't think they will put in much though as they have only invested 12 million so far. That doesn't get you that far in this day and age!

In our last epic Clan game, I took over at Ayr Utd, no sooner than I had sat down, the club was taken over, and days later I was on my way again. Somewhere in the region of a month from arriving till the board takeover, only took charge of the side for a very few games. Quote "It was always the new owners intention to appoint their own manager" Sometimes you get lucky, others you don't!

Wish that would happen in real life. :(

Using the Editor is there any way to see, and change, how likely a club is to be taken over?

I'm asking because as A Rangers fan it's been discussed how various threads how unrealistic FM2010 is compared to our current situation irl.

In FM2010, usually before the January transfer window in the first season, the board is giving £5M+ to spend on players andI haven't yet heard of anyone managing Rangers who has been the subject of a takeover, when irl the club is up for sale and should hopefully change hands in next few months.

Archived