liverpool - same problem as real life

liverpool have got such a poor squad depth and only have £2m to spend so i'm having difficulties.

on top of that you only get 40% of transfer revenue which is a joke!

so i sold dossena (£7m), babel (£11.5m) and a couple of youngsters for a total of a few million.

i bought di maria (£4.4m) and i have loaned g.milito, j.chevanton and a.kone to try and bulk up my squad.

i've now got about £7m to spend but can't find any suitable players! anyone know any cheap buys worth getting for liverpool, maybe just for backup not necessarily for 1st team as when everyones fit ive got a good team. managed to win 3 and draw 1 so far anyway, including a 4-0 away win at blackburn and 2-1 home win against arsenal!

GK: reina

DR: johnson

DL: insua/aurelio

DC:carragher / skrtel

DC: agger/milito

MC: mascherano

MC: aquilani / lucas

AMR: kuyt

AML: di maria / riera

AMC: gerrard / benayoun

FC: torres / kone / chevanton

d'Agostino!

He was amazing for me in the demo, played him the same way as Alonso and is basically a like for like replacement for him so put him as a deep lying playmaker. However, at 10m he is a bit expensive so after selling a couple of players i bought him with installments over 49 months. I also bought Adriano as when Torres gets injured your stuffed and can also add an extra attacking threat and is another match winner which i feel liverpool need so they don't rely solely on Torres and gerrard. Although, Kuyt can do a more than satisfactory job to step in for torres when playing him as a defensive forward or deep lying forward.

Appiah's still a decent backup CM.. Van Der Vaart on loan (1m loan fee), Deco and Belletti for less then 1m each - that should do you.. I also flogged Lucas and Voronin and brought in Pandev. I've not lost a game so far in the 1st season (13th Feb currently) with just those additions to my first team.

and real football is what? a religion?

i was eluding to the fact that in his game liverpool are running away with the league. I'm a utd fan and if that was reality, i dont think i could get out of bed lol. oh, and now that you mention it, no football is not a religion, its much more important than that! at least football is based on something real :)

Archived