it did happen in FM09 so it should happen in FM10 too. In my experience a billionaire takeover is quite rare as it is usually consortiums or a change of chairman from within.

In 09 as Milan I was lucky to be taken over by a billionaire but was already rich so didnt see to much difference lol

On my holiday test Reading were taken over by a Kuwaiti billionaire...

Interestingly, Everton were taken over by a consortium headed up by what I presume is goalkeeper Jamie Speare, while a group of investors have Henrik Larsson as their figurehead at Brentford, Shay Given is chairman of Burton Albion, and retired Czech keeper Antonin Kinsky heads up the hartlepool board.

Was going to start a thread, but will ask in here now.

Is there any way to subscribe to news about takeovers in the game? I'd like to hear about any english teams that are taken over but don't know how to set this, is it possible?

I think takeovers come under 'events' in the game, I think (but am not sure) that being subscribed to Events for England as you automatically are at the start of the game if managing in England would make takeover news come through.

I'm waiting for one in real life for Pompey

Yep it does happen but takeovers normally happen when you are in financial trouble. I'd imagine it rare as in real life

Watch out for some Arab takeing over who promises to be a sugar daddy but is broke :D

I think takeovers come under 'events' in the game, I think (but am not sure) that being subscribed to Events for England as you automatically are at the start of the game if managing in England would make takeover news come through.

Thanks, hope that is the case.

I only started playing last night so I'm only in pre season, but I'm playing as Birmingham city and just wondered if we would get our takeover like in real life. When I started the game it was David gold who welcomed me to the club and that.gold and Sullivan sold the club for £81m in october and new owner Carson yueng promised £20-£40m in January and then another £40m in the summer of 10/11 season for transfers.

Hopefully he takes over on the game and we don't have to wait for an update in January as this would bolster the £6m you get at the start and the terrible amount you get for wages.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Archived