Editor = Poor

The editor is extremely poor in my opinion. Extremely powerful tool and extremely grateful but theres too much math involved even when creating a small competition. Many people will struggle to use the editor for example.

I wanted to add all the teams into an F.A cup style comp.

I then had to work out how many teams i'd need to have in the cup which means some leagues couldn't have every team representing them. I then had to work out how many teams i'd need to start in round 1 how many would progress etc and in the end I just gave up after an hours worth of designing. Not a rant just an explanation, if anyone else has fount a solution to a similiar problem please inform me.

Other than this the game is the greatest creation to man kind. :D

Its not poor at all, there are one or two things that I think are missing such as setting tv matches for cups and setting playoff venues but other than that it probably couldn't have been made too much easier really for us to use but I do agree, creating the FA Cup was tedious and took quite a time, I made a mistake with the number of teams in it, tried to change the number of teams half way through the process but all of a sudden the editor didn't allow me make the comp bigger than 256 teams so had to start again, which was pretty annoying but at least it worked eventually.

Haha I understand. Can't have it all but i'm useless at maths and I just want a tournament where the Welsh, Irish, Scottish and English play an F.A style cup. With my poor maths skills I can't do it. :(

Ok - for people who cant work out the maths:

Any competiton has to have muliptuls like this:

etc

If you want a competition with (for example) 150 teams in it, all you do is create a previous round to lose the extra 22 teams that you dont need.

So the first round has 44 teams entering it and you lose 22.

The second round has the remaining 106 teams + the 22 winners from the previous round.

Its very very simple and about as basic maths as you can get.

i think because its new it takes a bit of time to navigate through the menus and get changed exactly you want changed. multiples isn't the problem. your entitled to you opinion though :)

The original poster said his biggest problem was there was too much maths involved. You may have a different issue with the editor, but I was just answering his problem.

Also - just incase anyone is interrested:

If you want to do a competition with a form of qualifying set of rounds, just dont enter the other teams until later on:

EG 150 teams, but the top 40 teams enter after a few rounds:

120 teams down to 24 teams (so with the 40 thats 64 teams in the later stages)

First round has to lose 24 teams:

1st Q round: 48 teams entered, 24 matches

2nd Q round: 72 teams entered + 24 winners, 48 matches

3rd Q round: 0 new teams, 48 winners, 24 matches

1st full round: 40 teams, 24 qualifiers, 32 matches

2nd full round: 32 teams, 16 matches

3rd round: 16 teams, 8 matches

Quarter final: 8 teams, 4 matches

Semi Final: 4 teams, 2 matches

Final: 2 teams, 1 match

Its a really nice system really and very easy to use - I set up 2 cup competitions (uk cup with england, scottish, welsh and irish premier teams) and a european giants competition (england, italy, spain, scotland, germany, holland, france + a few other teams full premier leagues in a knock out cup) - they were very very easy to set up (and they work) as soon as I discovered that I had to choose a host for the competition (I kept trying to work out how to make them european competitions, in the end, I made them english and it all works perfectly)

Archived