Sugar Daddies

I don't suppose it would be either. I think the City owners are similar to Abramovich when he came in. They want to make the team a regular force in the CL and PL and when this happens (I presume!) they will stop pumping ridiculous money into the club and try to turn it into a profitable long-term venture. They are businessmen after all. In which case I would expect it to be more of a background 'sugar daddy' but obviously the investment needed to turn city into a real force is much higher than for example getting promotion from the Championship though.

Would Man City have a "foreground" chairman then? Or an underwriter?

According to the sugar daddy edt file Man City have a FRONT END sugar daddy who will throw money at the club. Here's what the file says about each type of sugar daddy.

## Sugar Daddy ##

# Sugar Daddy parameters:

# "SUGAR_DADDY" "Sugar Daddy Type" "Club Name" "Alter Starting Finances Flag"

# e.g "SUGAR_DADDY" "FRONT_END" "Charlton Athletic" "1"

# "Sugar Daddy Type":

# FRONT_END - They throw money at the club to spend.

# BACK_END - They spend enough to make them a force in their current league but if they go up a level or two it would no longer apply.

# UNDERWRITER - They don't give the manager any extra transfer budget but come the end of the season they will always cover any loss the club is making and not expect the money back.

Archived