Has anyone else had difficulty installing FM10 on Windows7?

Got the game this afternoon and have had problems with the installation. Firstly my dvd drive wouldn't recognise the disk for some reason but I removed the disk and reinserted it and that seemed to do the trick. Then when I eventually managed to install it went through it but once it was complete it said that the game had installed but with errors. I then deleted and reinstalled using just the express option which seems to have worked but I have another slight issue. Now though there doesn't seem to be any desktop shortcuts or anyway to create them. Thankfully I can get the game going by pressing start\games\football manager but that seems a bit long to me. It was easy to create desktop shortcuts with FM09 and vista. Could the fact that I am using Windows 7 be the problem?

Have you bought a new PC or installed Win 7 on an old one? Also, is this the release or some hacked together POS off pirate bay?

Probably should reserve your judgement before accusing someone of piracy. He's posted 4,000+ times in this forum.

@trekman: have you tried navigating to the actual exe file and creating a shortcut from that?

EDIT Neji beat me to it :)

Probably should reserve your judgement before accusing someone of piracy. He's posted 4,000+ times in this forum.

@trekman: have you tried navigating to the actual exe file and creating a shortcut from that?

EDIT Neji beat me to it :)

I wasn't accusing him of anything. Its more a query relevant to his predicament. There are some known beta bugs/issues which may be at fault s'all.

It appears I had the same problems as you afcbournemouth and fix it the same way. Les Girondins I have a legal copy that I got from shopto.net. Thanks Neji your suggestion worked a treat. You can close this thread now since my issue seems to be fixed and the game is loading fine.

Lots people have had theirs (pre-orders) delivered early. You sound surprised? Happens every year with many PC/Console games.

Seriously!? I'm surprised that people of got the game already, but they took the risk with the postal strike, unless they bought it from a courier business. But they'll have to wait for the patch and did they pay extra to get the game early?

Archived