Suggestion: PES2009 engine

Hey guys. I've been playing PES for ~6 yrs now after playing FIFA 5 yrs before that. I love soccer, I've played FM/CM since 01/02, have been a beta tester, a researcher and love the game.

I've searched for this and haven't found anything, so my apologies if it's been discussed.

While playing PES recently, it just hit me: the engine is perfect! and the AI is pretty damn good. with tweaks, it could be amazing.

The great thing about the PES engine is that it takes into account players' stats. A player with 60 passing is sure to miss a **** load of passes, and pass the ball much slower than one with 85. differences in passing, speed, acc, ball control, w/e...they're all very very noticeable.

As a bonus, the engine is already designed to work with a lot of stats compared to, say, FIFA which uses no more than 10-12 AFAIK. PES has ~25 + special abilities like goal-scoring,dribbling, post player, side-line, one touch, outside of the boot, sliding tackle, etc. Not to mention it's designed to work with just as many player positions as FM as well as it supports players playing in multiple positions (that, is, if you play a player out of position, it will hurt his performance in-game).

Possibly the biggest gripe with the PES AI stems from the fact that it's easily beat-able by a human player. Absolutely true. But who cares? we're not going to be playing.

The AI puts in a good game, players run off the ball quite well and teams generally play to the best of their ability. That is, if u're fiorentina playing full strength Man Utd, if you play offensively you will get a 5-2 thrashing enough times.

The goalkeepers are actually rather good, and again, if not for human player awesomeness (that is, if you'd watch AI v AI games) the goalkeepers would be pretty damn good.

The football also looks good, the players' movements are mostly fluent, and more importantly the ball physics are very sound. A player who knocks the ball too far won't be able to magically get to the ball, if a player strikes a bouncing ball on the rise, it goes high, etc.

I dunno, i could talk about how this engine is perfect for FM in so many ways, but i'm afraid few people will read what i've written so far :D

I guess this probably can't/won't happen, but boy would it be amazin'

Eventually Si will get to the point where we experience 3D at full glance :)

agree each year by each year the 3D will improve ... and that a fact and seriously i think we shouldn't but pes engine in a game like FM

imo PES have been rubbish for the last couple of years. FIFA's engine is 100% superior. but do we actually want/need that? the game would be far too complex. if it was up to me, they'd remove the 3D engine altogether and fix up the text one (it's quite inaccurate as of now). the only reason I use 3D now is because I'm forced to do so due to the regular commentary one is so broken.

While playing PES recently, it just hit me: the engine is perfect! and the AI is pretty damn good. with tweaks, it could be amazing.

Perfect? AI damn good?Try a Com vs Com match, and look at stats (passes and so on...), actions and so on.

Than think about the pc resources needed for that.

The great thing about the PES engine is that it takes into account players' stats.

It's soccer game...if it doesn't do that what is it for?

The aim to have a 3D in FM is to evaluate each player easily.

I know that in FM2010, the ME has been improved a lot, but I have doubt on player animations, which is important to see each player dribbling, tackling, accelerating etc.. in order to be able to compare each attribute. So if the animations are like PES or FIFA, it will be quiet easy to evaluate each attribute of a plyer during a match. So expect a FM2011 with animations as PES or FIFA or a cooperation between EA Sports or Konami and SI.

The movement of players in PES is appalling and as has been said, it is designed to create lots of scoring opportunities in a very short space of time. In terms of AI, PES is not even close to FM.

However, I think we can all agree that more animations means more visible differences in the quality of players. In that respect FM has a lot of catching up to do.

Yes I agree totally with this, ME of FM is exellent in FM2009 ( better in FM2010 for sure ).

But the animations is quite far from what the aim of this game ( to evaluate during a match ! ). My dream is not to see the after match stats and evaluate my team and each performance only by seeing the match ( FM2011 maybe ? ).

Waiting to play the demo...

The FM ME is far superior to PES.

If you're talking about graphics though, then that's another matter.

"Hi Mr Konami, it's Miles here. You know that engine you've spent millions and millions working on for about 15 years? Can we have it please? What do you mean, no? Because we're owned by SEGA, one of Konami's biggest Japanese rivals? I don't understand? Please? I love PES and about half my team do, too. The other half? Nah, they're playing FIFA. We asked EA if we could have that, too, but they didn't reply yet."

I think we can file this under "unlikely" and close it before the inevitable row - which is probably still going on in the off topic forum....:)

Archived