This year feels different (good)

I dont know what it is about this years game but I tell you, I'm the most excited I've been in a very long time about FM2010.

Last year, for me at least, FM was a big let down.

It's moved on but there were so many little touches that were missing.

The game seems to this year promise to be much more variable, lots of options for lots of things, like tactics, like media, like how you control your team...

From what we've been told, the game feels like you will be able to 'customise' it a lot more - this pleases me greatly.

I want loads of options and I want to be able to tinker with tactics and visibly see the difference.

That's been pretty hard to find in recent years.

I think this year the game will be absolutely fantastic (the best ever by far) and for me at this stage, the only thing that will make me think that this is just another FM and make the game be a disapointment, will be, how the match engine plays in co-ordination with your instructions.

I'm desperate to have an FM where you can be Barcelona manager and actually see your team play like they do in real life, 70% possession in nearly every match etc - all because they're playing the way you ask them to...

If this part of the game is even 50% better, which I think it will be, I'll be absolutely thrilled.

Bring on the 30th.

Tell me about it mate! I feel like a drug addict, i think of FM all the time. The FM10 is the one I have been following from the day it's announced, and I can't decribe how thrilled I am going to be when it comes out (even the demo I wait eagerly). It's not for nothing one of my four favourite games (actually I play only those four games :D). I also think that it won't be buggy like FM09, because I really have faith in that 'polishing'. :)

Bring it on 30th. :)

Actually Fabio, I think you're spot on - it's the 'polishing' of the game (FM09 wasn't a bad game, just too buggy) that makes me think this years game will be a real landmark for SI.

I can't quite work out why but I just think that we are all going to be blown away by how good this years game will be.

I too can't help but spend too much time thinking about this game...

I'm a massive Call of Duty (and FM too, obviously) fan but I'm looking forward to FM10 far more than MW2.

Before last years game i was so excited, with the 3D pitch and press conferences (which turned out to just another pointless feature to sell more games :mad:). It was kind of a let down, too many bugs in almost every aspect of the game. But this year im so excited mainly cos' its going to 'polished' meaning less bugs, faster gameplay etc. I bought the new FIFA last week its good but not as big an improvement as it was made outto be, hopefully FM10 will just blow me away. I'm getting COD (ps3) on release day love it :D

exactly, im more excited with the "Polishing" of the game than i am with the features, simply because 09 was a great game but with a lot of bugs .. with a lot of those bugs (not all obviously) "erased" and a few new features this could be a great game.

What really excites me is the results of the speed tests posted in the blog.

If it is half as good as they made out in that blog then I will be a very happy man. FM09 was great but the speed was an issue, quicker speed with more leagues running makes for a far better game.

i know what you mean

i rarely visited this forum, cept for tactics, before august, and havent played fm 09 since july, just cos im waiting for this

but i find my self reading this forum just to gfet a fix.

dont wanna start a new save, cos im only a casual user usually, and would only get about a season in

This is actually weirdly the first year where I'm still playing the current incarnation at this point. I usually give up just sulk until the new version comes up by now.

I'm really looking forward to it however, I just think the games are improving year in year out, FM10 does feel like a CM01/02 or CM03/04 year though.

I must agree with you I was disappointed about 09 especially the activation business! I think I'm more excited because Football has changed dramatically in the last year i.e Notts County, R Madrid, Europa League (6 officials)... and I've been on the forums a lot more talking about 2010 than what I did for 2009. Bring on the 30th

Hopefully they'll sort out the issues that plagued the game last year but if speeds have been improved then this is heading in the right direction. A shame about the whole activation process, I liked unilock over Steam but guess something had to give.

Chances are FM2010 will need a couple of patches before it's at its best. But I just hope the game straight of the box is playable enough that I'm not tearing my hair out like with past versions.

Chances are FM2010 will need a couple of patches before it's at its best. But I just hope the game straight of the box is playable enough that I'm not tearing my hair out like with past versions.

I think the same. I very excited with this year new features, it feels more a new version of the game than an upgrade from previous version as it used to be. I imagine that's due CM10 competition this year. But from recent years experience, I afraid we will be playing the good version by february. I don't mind, so I have some time to play with editor, which I think it's as fun as actual game, before I start a long term campaign.

Archived