Graphics cards

is integrated graphics likely to be able to run the 3-d match engine in 2010 or is dedicated required?

128mb is listed for 09.

I have integrated graphics in my laptop and it runs 09 fine so i would expect it to cope with FM10. Its not like the crowds in FM2010 move ala FIFA so it wont take much, if any, more processing power.

ok thanks for the replies was planning to buy a new laptop as this what im using now is getting a bit slow. no better time than right before fm :D was planning on core 2 duo and 4gb ram but most within my price range were all integrated graphics and just wasnt sure if that would cut it. but it seems that it will more than likely work.

~~Stevie G~~

ok thanks for the replies was planning to buy a new laptop as this what im using now is getting a bit slow. no better time than right before fm :D was planning on core 2 duo and 4gb ram but most within my price range were all integrated graphics and just wasnt sure if that would cut it. but it seems that it will more than likely work.

~~Stevie G~~

If I were you I would go with a dedicated card instead of shared. It will be better in the long term performance wise I think. If you are looking at a machine with 4gb ram then make sure if it comes with windows then its the 64bit version because the 32bit version will only be able to use about 3.3gb of your 4gb ram.

If you tell us how much you are prepaired to spend then maybe someone will be able to suggest something that would suit your needs.

well i was after the dell inspiron 15 with the core 2 duo and 4gb ram. but it seems dell do not accept the visa electron card. i have no other option to pay (other than cash of course) but cant find the same specs on another machine for similar price. would rather not have acer nor asus as i have heard bad things about them both. perhaps maybe £500 would stretch to 550 if it were significantly better than what i wanted in the first place although i cant see that happening.

~~Stevie G~~

well i was after the dell inspiron 15 with the core 2 duo and 4gb ram. but it seems dell do not accept the visa electron card. i have no other option to pay (other than cash of course) but cant find the same specs on another machine for similar price. would rather not have acer nor asus as i have heard bad things about them both. perhaps maybe £500 would stretch to 550 if it were significantly better than what i wanted in the first place although i cant see that happening.

~~Stevie G~~

Transfer the money to my account and i'll buy it for you on my Visa card :D

yeah ive looked at those. they dont have the same specs. the one on the dell site has

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T6600 (2.2GHz, 800MHz, 2MB)

Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 (64 BIT) - English with upgrade to windows 7

256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD4330

4096MB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x2048]

at £499

ive yet to see another with same/similar specs for same price.

~~Stevie G~~

OK, slightly lesser processor, 3gb or RAM but with dedicated graphics for £520

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/165964

this is a good find. if i dont get the one from dell (somehow) i will probably end up getting this one. thanks

i look forward to any other suggestions from other users (or yourself again :D)

~~Stevie G~~

this is a good find. if i dont get the one from dell (somehow) i will probably end up getting this one. thanks

i look forward to any other suggestions from other users (or yourself again :D)

~~Stevie G~~

I hope you haven't bought the Tesco spesh yet as there are some top deals on ebay shipped in from america

I'll be getting this for around £515!!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-HP-Pavilion-HDX16T-HDX-16t-Laptop-Core-2-Duo-4GB_W0QQitemZ200387651540QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLaptops_Nov05?hash=item2ea808e7d4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

• Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

• Intel® Core2 Duo Processor T6600 (2.2GHz x 2, 2 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)

• 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

• 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

• 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

• 16.0" diagonal High Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920x1080p)

• Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer

• Webcam + Fingerprint Reader with HP Imprint Finish (Fluid)

• Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card

• remote control

• HP Color Matching Keyboard

• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

• HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Hard Drive Capacity: 320 GB

Seems like an awesome deal to me...dedicated NVIDIA 512! cant go wrong..

I hope you haven't bought the Tesco spesh yet as there are some top deals on ebay shipped in from america

I'll be getting this for around £515!!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-HP-Pavilion-HDX16T-HDX-16t-Laptop-Core-2-Duo-4GB_W0QQitemZ200387651540QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLaptops_Nov05?hash=item2ea808e7d4&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

• Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

• Intel® Core2 Duo Processor T6600 (2.2GHz x 2, 2 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)

• 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)

• 320GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

• 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

• 16.0" diagonal High Definition HP Ultra BrightView Infinity Display (1920x1080p)

• Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer

• Webcam + Fingerprint Reader with HP Imprint Finish (Fluid)

• Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card

• remote control

• HP Color Matching Keyboard

• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

• HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

Hard Drive Capacity: 320 GB

Seems like an awesome deal to me...dedicated NVIDIA 512! cant go wrong..

another good find. will be doing a lot of research today. will try look at both in detail (reviews and such) along with any other suggestions made if i get time.

thanks keep em coming :D

~~Stevie G~~

That one is better than the one I found. I'd be wary about buying stuff like that from ebay though personally. As an aside I really recommend maing a big purchase like this on a credit card rather than your electron card. Reason being that if you dont get the goods or they arent right / dont work etc then the card company will have to recover your money for you. This is not the case with your standard debit card. (I work in the credit card department of a major uk bank)

buying something this big from ebay i will always be cautious. ive only used ebay for small items in the past and i have imported from USA before with no problems although that will not affect what could happen. ive been reading through his/her feedback is seems very positive, although i will be looking at every possible option i have before making a descision.

~~Stevie G~~

buying something this big from ebay i will always be cautious. ive only used ebay for small items in the past and i have imported from USA before with no problems although that will not affect what could happen. ive been reading through his/her feedback is seems very positive, although i will be looking at every possible option i have before making a descision.

~~Stevie G~~

he's a verified power seller with thousands of feedback. i doubt he'll try and rip off a customer.

anyone have any better? think i'll be purchasing it at the end of the month, if nothing better arises.

Man, i wish FM would convert to the PS3. Save me alot of cash

would rather not have acer nor asus as i have heard bad things about them both.

I've read bad things about Acer too, but they seen me OK. They gave me a free upgrade after DHL lost my laptop.

3gb DDR2 > 4gb DDR3; NVidia 9400M (IIRC) > 9600M; T5800 > T6400

Can't grumble with that - I can't anyway :thup:

he's a verified power seller with thousands of feedback. i doubt he'll try and rip off a customer.

anyone have any better? think i'll be purchasing it at the end of the month, if nothing better arises.

Man, i wish FM would convert to the PS3. Save me alot of cash

yes this is true, but there is still downsides to importing from usa. epic delivery charges for one. if something is wrong/broken you have to pay just as much to send it back. if this was in the uk i wouldnt think twice about buying it.

I've read bad things about Acer too, but they seen me OK. They gave me a free upgrade after DHL lost my laptop.

3gb DDR2 > 4gb DDR3; NVidia 9400M (IIRC) > 9600M; T5800 > T6400

Can't grumble with that - I can't anyway :thup:

i wouldnt complain with those free upgrades either! :o

Archived