What is the earliest you have won a league

Nobody could win a league in January due to the number of games left at that time and the number of points available.

If my calculations are correct, then the earliest any team could win the EPL would be after 23 games. They'd need a maximum 69 points and the closest challengers would be on 22 points, with a small amount on 21 (assuming that every other match not involving the top team ended in a draw) so they'd be 47 points clear with 45 to play for.

So, theoretically it is possible to win the league by the end of January, but it will never be done in 50 million years!

If my calculations are correct, then the earliest any team could win the EPL would be after 23 games. They'd need a maximum 69 points and the closest challengers would be on 22 points, with a small amount on 21 (assuming that every other match not involving the top team ended in a draw) so they'd be 47 points clear with 45 to play for.

So, theoretically it is possible to win the league by the end of January, but it will never be done in 50 million years!

ah but maybe in 51 million years?

i will look forward to it

Archived