Citizenship for manager

I think it's because the game will never penalise you with work permit restrictions. You can go absolutely anywhere, so there's no need for you to claim citizenship. FM allows some customisation, but it doesn't do much in the way of aesthetics.

Because I don't think it matters as much for staff.

Wenger hasn't had English citizenship despite his many years in England.

Wenger is French.

I wouldn't want it in the game. Let's say you want to manage team X and you can't because you can't get a WP, that would really suck, wouldn't it?

Wenger is French.

I wouldn't want it in the game. Let's say you want to manage team X and you can't because you can't get a WP, that would really suck, wouldn't it?

Yeah, but that's just an example.

Scolari didn't have WP problems when he took over at Chelsea. So again, it doesn't really matter for staff.

Why isn't it implied in the game ?

I'm not an EU National citizen and have been in Italy for almost 11 years, the National Team Manager for 4 years, and yet i'm don't have Italian second nationality.

There would be no LLM if manager citizenship becomes an issue, you'll never get a WP with "Automatic" past experience.

correct me if i'm wrong but i thought that british citizenship was seperate from eu citizenship although i may be wrong i've never even been to europe and my info may be outdated.

It is, but purely in terms of work restrictions (which is all Wenger has any need to care about) then being an EU national gives him all the right to work and rights of abode that he needs. EU nationals are allowed to come to the UK to work without any restrictions, they don't need British citizenship.

Archived