do you like to build a cathedral to your achievements or mulitiple glorys in managem

I am 8 seasons into my Newcastle save, on the brink of my 3rd premiership and champions league final etc. I am starting to concentrate more on my youth development and creating a style of play , do you become a wenger or Ferguson in your game or have more of the journeyman in the style of hiddink, mourinho in your management style?

I know what you mean. I started my game with the intention to stay at Celtic at least until I'd surpassed 9 league titles in a row and it was a very tough decision to leave for Man U (after 6 in a row), but I thought at the time it could be only chance I get to manage a top 4 Prem side without having taken control of one of them at the start of the save.

In hindsight I maybe should have stayed at Celtic since after 4 seasons without a trophy at Man U I was sacked. On the plus side though I am back managing in the Prem now though, since Wigan sacked their manager and I got the job after resigning from Birmingham (who were in free-fall) before the board had the chance to give me my second sacking in this save.

I know what you mean. I started my game with the intention to stay at Celtic at least until I'd surpassed 9 league titles in a row and it was a very tough decision to leave for Man U (after 6 in a row), but I thought at the time it could be only chance I get to manage a top 4 Prem side without having taken control of one of them at the start of the save.

In hindsight I maybe should have stayed at Celtic since after 4 seasons without a trophy at Man U I was sacked. On the plus side though I am back managing in the Prem now though, since Wigan sacked their manager and I got the job after resigning from Birmingham (who were in free-fall) before the board had the chance to give me my second sacking in this save.

I would agrre, I have my best players good squad harmony and a youth squad packed with talent, lot of scouting and studying of form

I usually like to keep a chance of both by splitting my save at a point. For example, in my latest game, I am in 2012-3 and in one save stayed on as Man United having built an awesome team and in another resigned and took over as arsenal and tried to build a team to compete with the awesome team at united.

Well i just see what happens really, i recently started with the toon in the championship, stormed the league with over 120 points and built a good solid team for the return prem season. With about 15 games left im 4th and ive turned down the liverpool and valencia jobs so far. I would never leave a club if i was over achieving. But i suppose if i was underachieving i would be always on the lookout for a new club to manage.

As someone mentioned above, once you invest heavily in youngsters with high potential, you kind of feel obliged to assist their growth.

I usually like to keep a chance of both by splitting my save at a point. For example, in my latest game, I am in 2012-3 and in one save stayed on as Man United having built an awesome team and in another resigned and took over as arsenal and tried to build a team to compete with the awesome team at united.

I do this as well, it is interesting to see how the different games turn out :D But I tend to play the more of the save game where I left clubs, because I like the change! I guess I just keep the older save in case the new change of teams doesn't work out :o

In my current save I have the following titles (1st in Hall of Fame):

Arsenal 4 Major European Trophies

Arsenal 4 Domestic Titles

Arsenal 3 Major Domestic Cups

Hoffenheim 1 Domestic Title

Inter 2 Domestic Titles

Inter 1 Major Domestic Cup

Inter 1 Major European Trophy

Leverkusen 1 Domestic Title

Leverkusen 1 Major Domestic Cup

R. Madrid 1 Major European Trophy

R. Madrid 2 Domestic Titles

Sevilla 2 Domestic Titles

Sevilla 1 Major European Trophy

Sevilla 1 Major Domestic Cup

Sevilla 1 Minor European Trophy

Valencia 1 Major European Trophy

Now @ Sevilla ... I don't see anybody building me anything since i usually leave after the 5 or 6th year.

In my current game I am Leeds united and although its only 2013 season they are in premiership with winning 1 FA Cup. But I have not bought a single player and used only the players I have at the start, the youth teams and loan players. Finished 11th least season and looking to finish 7th this season in EPL. This is the first time i've done this experiement and have to say its hard work but very rewarding.

Archived