Feature Suggestion - Mid Season Start!

Hey guys

The CM live feature has given me an idea which could be implemented in FM but for free!

At xmas, SI always release the data patch after the transfer window. As someone stated in a previous thread this means when you start a new game you have all updated players but from the start of the season (unrealistic).

How about with the xmas patch comes the mid season stats for all the teams. That way, when playing with the new patch, you start mid way through the season in the current position of that team, with the latest squad...

That way the user has the option to:

a) Start new game with old squad

b) Start new game with new squad

c) Be realistic and take over a team mid season with new squad, using the real mid season data!

Adds a whole new level of realism which would be very cool to play with and make playing with other teams more interesting!

Just a thought to compete with CM ;)

To be fair, the thread was only posted 33 minutes ago xD Bit of patience for a reaction to it!

Yeah, it's a smart idea for the patch - I don't know how it could be coded but it's a good shout.

And SI don't need to compete with CM; it's the other way around!

You're right Tubey, but I do think if CM are introducing new features its productive to keep a full across the board advantage :)

Code wise, I imagine the only difficult bit is getting all the data in a file but I can't imagine it's more difficult than keeping up with all the transfers in all the league!

Looking into the long term future, a weekly new game feature with the current week by week stats would be good, kind of like Fifa 09 has with updated team/player stats week by week with that weird Adidas feature?

The problem with the current FM games is its only good for the beginning of the season you've bought it for. This way it could still be good all the way through the season and in January you have a whole new game again!

They'll never do a week-by-week update for several reasons;

A) The work involved

B) There'd be very little reason to release FM11.

C) It'd be next to impossible to incorporate into current games, meaning you'd have to make a new game every week to see the changes.

I think you have to bare in mind that Football Manager games are supposed to be valid ONLY for the season they are released. That's why they have a certain year after their name!

A feature I suggest is that SI can build a "challenge generator" or something.

In this mode, you are not expected to be a long-term manger (although you can do so); instead, you are asked to accomplish certain imminent goals: for example, help a team avoiding relegation when only 6 games left or win the UEFA champions league when your team is three goals behind at half time in the final.

These challenges are not pre-built (although SI can do so), but are made up by users through a generator in the game.

Any thoughts?

DivineOne, you may have a point there.. didn't think of that.

Though Kevin, I think you're wrong. What's easier, finding out a transfer information about a random none league spanish club, or having some sort of automatic system which can parse a website for scores and table information?

Would take a day of coding to get that system in place!

Easy way to have a mid-season start. Start unemployed and take your chances, or pick club and holiday to christmas.

I dont know if starting in Dec. 09 (Brazil, etc.) would work, it didn't in my X-box version of FM 07.

I have done it on the PC in the past.

I love this idea i wish Fm decides to do this aswell, This is one of the reasons i am buying Cm aswell as Fm this year aswell as to see if Cm as really got any better with the year off they took to improve the game, But this feature sounds impressive being able to play with the exact same team they have and the position they are in the table including exact goal difference scored and conceded at the end of january and see if you can save them or help them get over the finish line.

Championship Manager 2010™ will also feature real player data and information for the 2009/10 football season in a completely new gameplay innovation called CM Season Live™.

In what is a first for football management games, CM Season Live™ is an additional monthly update that lets players download the real-world 09/10 football season data, at that point in time, and then take charge of their chosen club. All of the scores, competition standings, player transfers, player stats, bookings, major injuries etc. from the ten leading countries in Europe, downloaded directly on a monthly basis throughout the season - full updates of 49 major leagues and competitions. CM Season Live™ starts on October 15th and is available at monthly intervals for 6 months.

“With this game we are genuinely looking to change the face of football management games and raise the bar for consumers through bringing innovative brand new features to the PC football management genre,” said Roy Meredith, General Manager of Championship Manager™. “CM Season Live™ is the most exciting innovation in football management games since they began with the original Championship Manager™ game. This is the closest fans will get to ‘actually’ managing their team, fighting the relegation or promotional battles, dealing with the big name injuries or transfers as they unfold in the real world, throughout the real season.”

I love this idea i wish Fm decides to do this aswell, This is one of the reasons i am buying Cm aswell as Fm this year aswell as to see if Cm as really got any better with the year off they took to improve the game, But this feature sounds impressive being able to play with the exact same team they have and the position they are in the table including exact goal difference scored and conceded at the end of january and see if you can save them or help them get over the finish line.

What I don't get is that as soon as you hit continue you move away from RL and in my eyes have wasted your money. Seriously how many games are you going to start in that six month period?

I just don't see why some people view this as a huge feature, so many other things are much more important.

Someone would have to input every single result from every single playable league, you'd need to pay a team of thousands to do that.

However, what about the new signings coming in at the January window rather than at the beginning of the season? They could be in the game as a future signing and just occur at 1st January. With future incomes put in to make the money come in, which would be vital for such as the £6-£8million for Leeds for Delph.

Also, I think it would be better if there was a clean sweep at the start of a new game with regard to transfers. You start a new game and half your team is a new arrival, a lot of them are crap but you can't get rid of them for at least six months. A new manager should wipe this out imo.

LOL pdbravo - Do you actually thing someone will have to input it all by hand?

You wouldn't need anyone to do it :) It is VERY easy to create a parsing script which would take official data from somewhere, and import it into the right format in the game. And when I say very easy, less than a days worth of programming I'd say if you knew your programming....

Cougar... The reason its more appealing as it allows you to kind of have an FM09/10 version 2, whereby you can re-start from a club mid-season with the latest data. It's just an extra element to the game which wouldn't be that difficult to implement (obviously not impossible looking at CM live..)

pdbravo, the problem with your idea is how would that effect ur transfer budget etc..> I'd hate to start from the beginning of the season with a budget of 0 because my budget in january has already been spent on everything ;) Wouldn't make sense really....

y

Cougar... The reason its more appealing as it allows you to kind of have an FM09/10 version 2, whereby you can re-start from a club mid-season with the latest data. It's just an extra element to the game which wouldn't be that difficult to implement (obviously not impossible looking at CM live..)

So are you saying you are going to start a new game each month?

Personally I only play around 3-4 saves each version over a 12 month period.

pdbravo, the problem with your idea is how would that effect ur transfer budget etc..> I'd hate to start from the beginning of the season with a budget of 0 because my budget in january has already been spent on everything ;) Wouldn't make sense really....

Why would it be 0? Clubs sell and buy. In the case of Leeds Utd you'd be £7million better off come January.

Archived