The Transfer Challenges

The Transfer Challenges

How does it work

First of all welcome to the transfer challenges thread. The way it works is each week a team is chosen and forum members play as the chosen team, trying to do good business in the transfer window. This could involve bringing in future world stars, making a bargain buy, getting a useful loan as well as selling on deadwood, gaining good money for a promising youngster or selling on your star player for a large price. When the transfer window has been completed a contestant submits a screenshots of their transfers during the window and their current first team squad. At the end of the week anyone from the forum has the chance to vote for the person they think has done the best transfer dealings taking into account the different screenshots, the amount of money involved and the now current first team. I will play the role of an independant adjudicator and votes will be sent to me via PM. After a few days of voting i shall announce the winner in the thread as well as next week's challenge.

Any other information

A table of votes will be continuously updated after each week with the winner of the week given an extra 3 points. A contestant can submit any screenshots they want that might aid their transfer efforts such as a profile of a signing, transfers of rival teams or the league table at that point.

Cheating

This challenge is one that is pretty easy to cheat at, however i ask that people who take part in this play fairly as this will make for a much better game for everyone else. If for any reason i think you may have cheated ie. an over-inflated price for an average player or a large number of signings from the same club, you will be disqualified from the challenge.

Rules

Here are the main rules of the thread

- A contestant can only submit one set of transfers for that week

- A contestant must submit screenshots of the transfers and first team squad at the end of the window

- The game must go no further than 2nd September

- Only an official SI database can be used ie. the default, 9.0.1, 9.0.2 or 9.0.3

- Any extra leagues can be loaded as well as the one in which the team is in

- A medium or small database must be used - to ensure that people with less powerful computers can compete as well

- Attribute masking must be on

- No external utilities (like Genie Scout) can be used

- Manager reputation can be set as anything

Good luck the first challenge is below :thup:

Transfer Challenge #1 - Leeds United

Leeds_utd_logo_633643440234375000.jpg

Leeds United are an English professional football club based in Leeds, West Yorkshire. The club's home is the Elland Road stadium in Beeston, where they have played since their foundation in 1919. The club has competed at the top level of English football for the majority of its existence, following the disbanding of its predecessor Leeds City. However, Leeds competed in League One for the 2007–08 season; the first time the club dropped below the top two tiers of domestic football in England, following severe financial turmoil.

Star Players

Fabian Delph - The 18 year old central midfielder is highly thought of at leeds united and could produce a pretty good transfer fee for a mid-table premier league club

Jermaine Beckford - A 24 year old striker who has scored goals for fun in League 1

Alan Sheehan - 21 year old Irish left-back Sheehan provides another highly rated young player for leeds

Deadline

The deadline for the completion of this challenge is 12:01 pm Wednesday 12th August, good luck and get wheeling and dealing!

Will Edit the ones I have done already, sorry about that, will make sure future ones are just links as well:thup:

Thanks dude, just noticed how slow mine was loading and my comp isn't slow so was worried for others lol.

You can do them as [ URL=http://OMG.com]This is awesome[ /URL] and then it will show text instead of the link itself :)

Well done slipknot for the first entrant to the challenge :thup:

If anyone has any suggestions for future teams to be used then let me know

Thanks super_lampard, I felt I could've brought in a higher number of players but tried to concentrate on only signing players that I felt would add something to the first team without weakening it by cashing in on the likes of Delph.

Suggestion for a future team, Hearts or Hibs in the SPL might be a decent challenge :thup:

I will have a go at this, tomorrow :thup:

How about Preston? :D

Smallish budget but some decent players in the squad and it would be interesting to see which way people would take the club.

Eg. Some would keep the best players and bring in 1 or two first-team replacements

OR

Someone might sell the best players and try to raise cash to but lots of first-team improvements.

OR

You could keep the first team as it is and sign youth.

Quite surprised to see I'm still the only entrant in this despite there only being one day left of the challenge!!

I think I probably could have got some better players in as I kind of rushed through it as well, so if someone else takes up the challenge they'll probably give me a run for my money and I'd rather lose to a good challenger than win by default as the only entrant tbh.

I vote for Recky D, because of the signing of Mark Beevers for £1.7 million, which I view as an excellent one and one which would help propel the club up the leagues.

Although, I was not impressed with his signing of Jason Brown :D

Sorry Slipknot, but I felt that Recky went out for it and spent money in a way in which the club would have a couple of signings which would cut it in the league above. I liked your signing of Bobo Balde though, even if he is old because he is quality for that league.

Since there was only one vote and that was from slipknot for himself, i thought i would leave it open a little longer to see if we got any more votes. Since pnefc22 has voted for Recky_D we now have a draw so still no winner. However i will now officially close the voting and end it as a draw. The next challenge will be posted later today or tommorow :thup:

I vote for Recky D, because of the signing of Mark Beevers for £1.7 million, which I view as an excellent one and one which would help propel the club up the leagues.

Although, I was not impressed with his signing of Jason Brown :D

Sorry Slipknot, but I felt that Recky went out for it and spent money in a way in which the club would have a couple of signings which would cut it in the league above. I liked your signing of Bobo Balde though, even if he is old because he is quality for that league.

I must admit I feared quite a heavy defeat in this when I had a look at my opponent in this challenges screenshots and would have voted for him if I wasn't in the competition myself. So no probs as far as you voting his way is concerned:thup:

Since there was only one vote and that was from slipknot for himself, i thought i would leave it open a little longer to see if we got any more votes. Since pnefc22 has voted for Recky_D we now have a draw so still no winner. However i will now officially close the voting and end it as a draw. The next challenge will be posted later today or tommorow :thup:

Sounds fair to me, am quite chuffed at getting away with a draw considering the quality of my opponents signings. Looking forward to having a go at the next challenge.

Archived