[IDEA]Book players for time-wasting...

How often have you seen this.. you're chasing the game in the final minute and the opposition keeper takes about 30 seconds to take his goal-kick. He eventually takes it and the referee blows his whistle for full-time and you lose.

If you book players for time-wasting then you get rid of this problem and force teams to use the time-wasting tactic sparingly. At the minute, there isn't really any incentive for low reputation teams NOT to play this way. I was in a game where I was 2-0 up at home and the opposition still chose to time-waste. What is going on there?

I'm not saying book every player that does it but if a player does it persistently then he should be booked. Also, if a player takes a longer than usual time to take a throw/goal-kick then he should be booked as well.

I have never seen this either. When I am losing, it always seems to happen! But when I am trying to hold a one-goal lead, my keeper always seems in a rush to take his kicks, despite me changing time wasting settings :mad:

This would be a nice addition. I also would like to see diving, getting penalties because of it and eventually getting cards because of it.

By the way what is the usage of appealing or critising after controversy decision such as offsides and penalties. I happen to get lots of them at least in commentory and sometimes it asks to me view the incident again after the match but I yet fail to see the point of all this thing

By the way what is the usage of appealing or critising after controversy decision such as offsides and penalties. I happen to get lots of them at least in commentory and sometimes it asks to me view the incident again after the match but I yet fail to see the point of all this thing

I think if you criticise a decision it usually boosts the morale of the player that committed the foul. However, in some rare instances it will actually decrease the morale of a few of the players. Also, criticising referees will likely land you in trouble with the FA and they will probably slap a touchline ban on you. I never criticise decisions because you end up losing more than you gain.

Urm, this already happens.

If it does it certainly needs to be increased. Haven't seen this once in FM09 yet and I always employ heavily time wasting when defending narrow leads towards the end of a match.

:thdn:

So good idea :)

I'm sure I've seen this a few times? It doesn't exactly happen often even in real life though...

Maybe not in the land of fair play, but in dirty Germany there is one card for delay of game in every third match, I'd estimate. The HSV keeper got 4 alone in the last season (no estimate here).

Archived