Football "death match" manager 09

So, I just finished a season as Lyon and a weird thing happened at the end of the season. All of my players came in and asked to be let out of their contracts ... they said they would rather go be players in Halo 3 because they felt it would be safer and less dangerous to their health.

Ok, so seriously ... hey programmers ... I have an idea ... why don't you watch some actual football and you know ... make the game at least somewhat realistic when it comes to injury. Let's see how my Lyon season broke down

(These Stats are for 1st Team Only ... Not U-18 Team/League which was closely resembled an episode of 4077 MASH)

Total Games Played: 66

Games In Which 1 Injury Occured: 54

Games In Which 2 or More Injuries Occured: 39

Total Other Injuries Incurred Outside Of Games (Including Bubonic Plague, Alien Abductions and All Of The Other Utterly Absurd Mishaps that Happen In Training): 32

Number of Times An Injury Occured in Either the 1st Minute of play or after the 90th: 14

Total 1st Team Players: 22

Number of Players who Were Injured at Least Once: 21

Number of Players who Were Injured 2 Times Or More: 13

And somebody explain to me how when 85% of the time when a player gets a "slight" injury during a game, one in which they are not forced to come off the field but in which I take them off anyway just to be safe, they still end up with some injury that keeps them out for 2-8 weeks? Hey programmers, I have an idea .. buy a dictionary ... look up the word slight ... and read the definition! I imagine that any knock a player took that only took their condition down to 70% wouldn't nearly 100% of the time result in a 3 or 4 week absence ... this is just really annoying. Either the injury is slight and the player can play thru it or it is serious and they must come off ... let's try to keep the two separate and straight shall we?

This is ABSURD!!!!! And NO, my training wasn't on high ... it was nice and on "Medium" (which of course sees your teams stats drop like they are playing tiddlywinks and not training at all). This amount of injury has never happened EVER in the history of professional football (except maybe if a team suffered a plane or bus crash or something).

So. Since the programmers seem to be suffering from 1st Person Shooter Carnage Envy or something I suggest that maybe they put a Injury Selection Scale in the next game so those of us who would like to enjoy a nice football simulation can do so and those who would rather play Football Manager: Beyond Thunderdome can do that.

And somebody please explain why I am paying 5,000 a week for a raftload of Physio's who have 18-20 ranks in Physio and it has no effect on how healthy my players stay or how how quickly they recover? Or why I am paying the same amount for two 7 star Strength and Aerobics Coaches who also cannot seem to keep my team in any better shape? World Class Training Facilities? Nope no effect on keeping player healthier ... I guess "World Class Training Facilities" translates into something roughly like the X-Men danger room ... just more deadly holographic interactive death training.

And don't even get me started about how poor the game handles signing and developing young talent. My fans really shouldnt be upset when I sign a 16 year old wonderkid and he doesn't play in the first team ... uh, he isn't supposed. I did like the French U-18 league but it seems to count all the games as non competitive as if the 15-18 year olds should all e playing 1st team football when their average stats are 10-12 and the first team's are 15-18? My u-18 team went undefeated in the u-18 league GF of like 100 and GA of like 8 and the fans wouldnt be excited about the future and the young kids wouldnt be gaining valuable experience playing together against their "peers"? And why can't I interact better with players I send out on loan when they are 18-20? I should be able to get a report that they played well in a game and then be able to praise them for developing well ... this loan system for young players is like you just tossed them out into the wilderness? Seriously ... the game needs to handle this much much better and at the end of a season when you have already clinched the league title and you give your kiddies a run out the game should recognize that your are starting a 3rd string or super youth team and if they draw or keep it close against a full top division side they fans should be totally stoked.

Anyway ... fix the injury situation or give us a selection or something or I won't be purchasing any other version of this game again ...

Ok, maybe not, I agree that the fan confidence thing is an issue. However at the speed he is going he might be the first person to have all of his threads locked ;)

However, this apparent injury crisis that ends the world, since I patched to 9.3, I have not seen this with my part-timers that I have played with. Most I ever have at a time is 2-4 injuries, and that can be expected with part-timers. In other games with top teams, nothing in terms of an injury crisis. Must have the midas touch, or in the case of the big teams, a custom training schedule.

Ignore the guy. He seems to be out to just troll and criticize the game.

2 of his 3 (soon to be 3 probably) thread, of 3 posts altogether, have been locked, and he has an infraction already. Says a lot really.

Yes ... Because this Civil War like Casualty rate in this Death Football Manager thing is really annoying and ruins the enjoyment of the game ... complaining in a clever and sarcastic way is not "trolling" it is venting about one of the most annoying things about the game ... I didn't realize this was a "Blowing Sunshine Up Bunghole" only forum .... my bad ...

If you were that concerned over it you would have posted this in the bugs forum where issues such as this probably belong.

I'm just saying..

I am not sure it is really a bug .. the game isn't crashing or anything ... whatever mathematical computation they put in the game by choice just seems to get the probability wrong is all ... not a but so much as IMHO a design flaw .. thus the posting in a General Forum ... and I can hardly be the first person to find this to be a problem ..

Ignore the guy. He seems to be out to just troll and criticize the game.

2 of his 3 (soon to be 3 probably) thread, of 3 posts altogether, have been locked, and he has an infraction already. Says a lot really.

And I will admit my first posting on this was in the wrong forum (i didnt see it said FML for live) and my second was a bit more ... vituperative than this one shall we say ... so i thought I would finish my season and take a more calm and acerbic approach to airing my grievances ... hardly trolling ...

Well it is a bug, because it is something happening in your game, that shouldn't happen. Like for example the Bojan bug (world class youngsters leaving on frees), doesn't crash the game, but is still a bug.

There are different styles of bugs.

i guess ... i just figured it was by design or mis-design as it were ... and that is weird because i lost a good young player ederson to Inter without even recieving a bid as far as i could remember ... and he wasnt out of contract ... i just figured i missed something along the way and since i didnt reject the bid it was automatically accepted ... but i got 12M and then bought a better younger player so all is well that ends well ...

Anyway ... fix the injury situation or give us a selection or something or I won't be purchasing any other version of this game again ...

It's been fairly well established that the injuries part of the gam engine is built to replicate the best available data out there (i.e. physio room). It's a pity that football doesn't use the system set up in American football where the clubs have to declare all injuries (this was due to gambling scandals many years ago), but it doesn't so we dont know exactly what the injury situation is in football generally.

Also many teams have major injury problems within their squads (e.g. Everton during all of last season, Utd. during January last season, Tottenham having no centre halfs until September, Fulham and Newcastle every season; I could go on an on, but I am currently playing a game).

Finally go ahead and buy another game if you want it's your money and we're not forcing you to spend it.

and is everyone going to tell me they wouldnt like to see a bit better handling of signing and developing youngsters? you scour the world for good 15, 16, and 17 year olds ... get them for 1-2M ... hire great coaches and improve your facilities ... it would be nice if the fans appreciated it is all ... and that you could play them together in the U-18s (btw all leagues should have as good and active an U-18 league as the France one ... that was nice) ... and then go out on loan for a year or two and then hopefully come back to the first team at 20-22 and slide in to the 1st team? Or that others wouldnt be able to like to build relationships with players (especially young ones) by being able to praise a good performance whether it is in a U-19 league game, on loan or at an international game ... or to be able to give supportive talks to youngsters if they are going thru a rough patch or an injury ...

I know the game has some good 18-19 year olds when the game starts in 08-09 season that can hold their own in the first team but as for anybody 17 and younger and the "new" or "regen" players that join the game in subsequent seasons they are in no way good enough to play high level first team football at first (and i am having my doubts about how slowly they develop if they will ever?) ... I have only started the second season but 17 year old john fleck has such low stats and they are increasing so slowly despite 5-7 star coaching i am not sure he will ever be the equivalent of say what 18 year old kierrison is ... my regen wonderkids that came into my squad worry me that they may never get stats near the level needed to play on the first team ... anyway i guess i will see how that goes ..

It's been fairly well established that the injuries part of the gam engine is built to replicate the best available data out there (i.e. physio room). It's a pity that football doesn't use the system set up in American football where the clubs have to declare all injuries (this was due to gambling scandals many years ago), but it doesn't so we dont know exactly what the injury situation is in football generally.

Also many teams have major injury problems within their squads (e.g. Everton during all of last season, Utd. during January last season, Tottenham having no centre halfs until September, Fulham and Newcastle every season; I could go on an on, but I am currently playing a game).

Finally go ahead and buy another game if you want it's your money and we're not forcing you to spend it.

you show me in history where anything similar to what happened above has occured and i will gladly shut up and buy every subsequent game .. the point is that whatever the engine is doing it is doing it WRONG. I didn't keep track of my first Man Utd season as closely as this one with Lyon but it was much the same thing which is what prompted me to keep such close stats on my Lyon season. And even if this was "reality" it would sap most of the fun out of the game ... so why not a "violence" selector like they have in other games ... it couldn't be that hard and then people like myself who would like to see my players actually play and not be made honorary candy stripers from spending so much time in hospital can do so ...

True, but Everton have not had one injury per match on average.

Tbh most teams get at least this per game, but more often than not the player recovers sufficiently for the next match, so by and large it goes unreported beyond sources close to the club and brief mentions in press conferences. Too, in reality players play while carrying knocks from prior games much more often than in FM.

Everton have practically been injured all or nearly all of the season.

Tottenham could start the season without any of their 3 centre backs.

These things do happen IRL, you just need to be rather unlucky for them to happen to you.

Really? You've seen a team in real life on which EVERY SINGLE PLAYER but 1 got injured during a season and missed 2 weeks or more and on which 2/3rds got injured twice or more? Weird because I have been watching football for 20 years and I have never seen that happen? Some teams have bad luck true ... but what happened during my season is really just absurd ... not to mention I have faithfully followed Man Utd for 20 years and I have never seen them have a season in which they incured an injury in 90% of their games .. but that could just be me ... not to mention it still doesn't explain away the annoying lack of adhering to the meaning of the word "Slight" when a player gets a "slight" injury in the game that they can seemingly play thru but then invariably end up out for 2-4 weeks. And explain to me how somebody gets injured at the 00:38 second of a game? trip over his shoes when running out onto the field to line up for the game?

Tbh most teams get at least this per game, but more often than not the player recovers sufficiently for the next match, so by and large it goes unreported beyond sources close to the club and brief mentions in press conferences. Too, in reality players play while carrying knocks from prior games much more often than in FM.

now this i could agree with ... a player gets a knock and can play on but their "condition" goes down a bit ... they can play a game but their "condition" is lower than it normally would be ... that i could get on board with (assuming it was done correctly) ... but i am afraid to let a player stay on the field if their condition falls below 70% so i am not sure if this would work with the way the current condition/fatigue system works ...

Yes, but these injuries are usually only minor things (i.e. knocks) because they are able to continue, if uncomfortably.

Everton do not suffer things like torn hamstrings every match.

Nor do they (often) in the game. If they do, it's either bad luck (and very rare), due to playing players who aren't fully fit, or playing a style of football that could make such injuries more common.

The majority of injuries in matches are just knocks, and even when a player is forced off often the injury is minor.

Yes, but these injuries are usually only minor things (i.e. knocks) because they are able to continue, if uncomfortably.

Everton do not suffer things like torn hamstrings every match.

or broken ribs, bruised ribs, concusions, gashed legs, pulled and torn muscles, dislocated jaws, serious viral infections, etc etc etc ...

i don't mean to sound like i am just complaining but honestly the stats from the above season are just ridiculous ... my players would be safer being live crash test dummies for Puegot. (too keep with the French theme since my team was Lyon)

now this i could agree with ... a player gets a knock and can play on but their "condition" goes down a bit ... they can play a game but their "condition" is lower than it normally would be ... that i could get on board with (assuming it was done correctly) ... but i am afraid to let a player stay on the field if their condition falls below 70% so i am not sure if this would work with the way the current condition/fatigue system works ...

:thup: I think there may be an issue (albeit minor) in the game regarding the chances of making an injury worse by playing with it not 100% recovered, and with the lapse in performance it causes. Too, the caution shown by users is just instinctive. Maybe we need more "colours" for injuries..

:thup: I think there may be an issue (albeit minor) in the game regarding the chances of making an injury worse by playing with it not 100% recovered, and with the lapse in performance it causes. Too, the caution shown by users is just instinctive. Maybe we need more "colours" for injuries..

Unless the "slight" injury that supposedly the game says the player can continue with happens within 5 minutes of the half or the end of the game i take them off immediately and they still have an "injury" that keeps them out for 2+ weeks when the match is over. Come to think of it ... the number of times that a player suffered from one of the "serious" injuries in which they were forced to come off were relatively small ... i should have kept track of that i guess but i was really just keeping track of the 'aftermath' so to speak ... but if i recall there was about half the times that the "player has to come off" injury resulted in no physio "your player is out for x weeks" report happened at all (and therefore did not make it into my above statistics) but i cannot remember one time in which one of the "slight" injuries that prompted me to take the player off and replace them anyway did not result in a physio report and an absence of 2 or more weeks. weird huh.

Unless the "slight" injury that supposedly the game says the player can continue with happens within 5 minutes of the half or the end of the game i take them off immediately and they still have an "injury" that keeps them out for 2+ weeks when the match is over. Come to think of it ... the number of times that a player suffered from one of the "serious" injuries in which they were forced to come off were relatively small ... i should have kept track of that i guess but i was really just keeping track of the 'aftermath' so to speak ... but if i recall there was about half the times that the "player has to come off" injury resulted in no physio "your player is out for x weeks" report happened at all (and therefore did not make it into my above statistics) but i cannot remember one time in which one of the "slight" injuries that prompted me to take the player off and replace them anyway did not result in a physio report and an absence of 2 or more weeks. weird huh.

A lot of injuries would require you to go off the pitch but could have no lasting repercussions, such as concussion or deadlegs, while others could seem worse initially and require scans etc as a precaution, such as diagnosing a badly bruised foot, or a broken foot. One could be a few days out while the other could be 3 months, but both at the time could be very painful and leave you unable to continue and fearing the worst. Others could leave you able to play on, but could cause you to miss matches after, if you're running on adrenaline.

I think FM is pretty good at representing this.

A lot of injuries would require you to go off the pitch but could have no lasting repercussions, such as concussion or deadlegs, while others could seem worse initially and require scans etc as a precaution, such as diagnosing a badly bruised foot, or a broken foot. One could be a few days out while the other could be 3 months, but both at the time could be very painful and leave you unable to continue and fearing the worst. Others could leave you able to play on, but could cause you to miss matches after, if you're running on adrenaline.

I think FM is pretty good at representing this.

Well if you think that the above statistics from my Lyon season are "pretty good representation" then we will just have to agree to disagree ...

i definitely think that some "come off" injuries should turn out to not keep a player out and some "slight" injuries should turn out to be more serious than first thought and would keep a player out ... but the balance is way out of whack in the game an the overall frequency and time missed is not really very realistic of very playable IMHO (it would take a 3 or 4 deep squad to really handle the frequency of injuries which you cannot do because players would invariably start whinging ... which reminds me the game really should take into consideration how well the club is performing ... like treble winners and 34-2-2 in the league before players start whinging about first team playing time and they should also be able to compare themselves like they would in real life to the person starting ahead or with them to see if they are not as good and thus keep their traps shut about first team action ... i seriously had a player complain about 1st team playing time that was A. pretty clearly not statistically as good as either fullback that was the starter as he was a fullback back up who could play left and right ... and who was also suspended for too many yellow cards when he complained ... uh, obviously you were playing enough to get suspended ... sure he didn't get the 40 starts that the starter did but 20 aint bad ...

Who is this guy with his complete lack of even a basic understanding of this game and his complete lack of respect? Coming on here ranting about how broken a game he has no clue how to play is, and blaming the developers for his own failure.

What's the deal mate? Too much Management and not enough Action for your tastes? I'll give you a little clue right, you have got Training, Stats changes and player Development all wrong and the solution to every one of your problems barring injuries is the exact same thing.

As for injuries, try and avoid getting tackled by Centrebacks. Not only does it vastly increase your chances of actually scoring but they all tend to be big brutes that love a hard tackle.

I'm with you on the injury front. See my injuries thread.

However, I have found that having a really good pre-season has improved things slightly for me in my new season. I designed some pre-season schedules and I've kept my training during the season low on the aerobic and strength side. I've also got a bigger squad and I am rotating quite a lot. Whether it is my imagination or not I'm not sure, but it does seem to me that having a well gelled team seems to help too.

The 'bug' driving me a little crazy at the moment is hitting the woodwork on average around twice a match. It seems to me that there is something a little out about the match representation. So many shots going over the bar or crashing against the bar.

Anyone else agree with this?

Regards,

C.

Not really. I think it is pretty inevitable that some Managers are going to get more than average injuries or more than average shots hitting the woodwork, and simply writing a thread about major bugs or broken gameplay whenever it does happen is a bit wide of the mark.

If the gameplay and challenges for everyone were absolutely identical, then there would be broken gameplay. Getting a rake of injuries throughout a season means nothing.

For some people it's going to be injury manager 09, for some its going to be cash manager 09, for some motivation manager 09, for some tactics manager 09. Different clubs and different managers and different players are going to produce different challenges and different ingame events.

Some will even get a lot of injuries.

Who is this guy with his complete lack of even a basic understanding of this game and his complete lack of respect? Coming on here ranting about how broken a game he has no clue how to play is, and blaming the developers for his own failure.

What's the deal mate? Too much Management and not enough Action for your tastes? I'll give you a little clue right, you have got Training, Stats changes and player Development all wrong and the solution to every one of your problems barring injuries is the exact same thing.

As for injuries, try and avoid getting tackled by Centrebacks. Not only does it vastly increase your chances of actually scoring but they all tend to be big brutes that love a hard tackle.

What are you even talking about? "Baring injuries" .. uh, this post is about injuries. the stuff about a lack of being able to sign young players and develop them slowly without the fans freaking out .. and the lack of being able to interact with the young player was only an adjunct to the topic ... the speculation about how young highly rated but low stat player will develop from 16 to 22 and whether or not the 16 year old wonderkids i bought will ever end up being the first team/stats equivalent of the wonderkids that are 19 at the begining of the game and already have the stats to hang with the first team level stars was mostly a hypothetical question ... and for your information my training is just fine ... I have the most stars you can have in all training for youth and regular teams ... and my schedules are highly individualized for position ... tho i do find it strange that there are some areas under the new DDM coaching star rules that do not even have any 7 star coaches existing in the game or 6 star for that matter ... huh, weird but whatever ... i am fine with 5 stars for everything and 6 and 7 for some things ...

Training has been proven to have a negligable impact on CA gain whatsoever, with Ambition, Professionalism and Match Experience the critical factors in CA gain. By taking steps to effectively develop youngsters you automatically resolve the problem of fans being upset due to a lack of appearances. A solution that kills two birds with one stone, a solution you are ignorant of and a question you prefer to rant about and insult the programming of this game rather than figuring out the solution to or asking someone for assistance.

You assume the game works like you think and are wrong, but you rant about it working stupidly when simply playing it with a modicum of understanding resolves most problems you will be faced with. 17 posts in and not only have you proven your knowledge of FM to be non-existant but have managed insult the development staff and quite a few posters.

However, I have found that having a really good pre-season has improved things slightly for me in my new season. I designed some pre-season schedules and I've kept my training during the season low on the aerobic and strength side. I've also got a bigger squad and I am rotating quite a lot. Whether it is my imagination or not I'm not sure, but it does seem to me that having a well gelled team seems to help too.

After saying this, I just played a game and ended up with 3 injuries by the end of it. :mad: Just when you think you've turned a corner. :rolleyes:

it is a known bug that every one has had at some point in this game, eventually it gets better. Just means you may have to buy another 3 or 4 players to make sure your st team is covered by these injuries.

I have never had this "bug". I have had a lot of injuries on the rare occasion but never constant, injury-per-match problems, so quite clearly it is not endemic to FM.

:thup:

At the moment I'm praying for more injuries just so my youngsters can have their overdue chance. :o

How, when and why does/will it get better Wiitastic? Genuine question.

There are things you as a manager can do to limit the times this may happen to you. Lighter training which includes not training on the day after the match, rotate your 1st team players more, like have your main players play 2 out of 3 matches.

Also if you look like winning and are 2+ goals up at the 75 minute mark, sub 3 players who have a lower condition rating. Also have a decent list of players for your 1st team. 2 players for each position at bare minimum so that means having 22 players at your disposal at all times is a clear must. Also lets not forget to obviously get the best physios money can buy, There is alot of difference between a world class physio and a continental physio, this can save a week or 2 on the sidelines for your players. Also hire the maximum amount of physios your club will let you get. Also get 1 or 2 fitness coaches also, this will make your players fitter and better conditioning for game day and other days.

Now this is only a few things you can do.

SFraser - Clearly, the level of injuries is unrealistic for some people. I had 52 injuries (that's not including slight knocks picked up in matches) over the course of a 53 match season. That's twice the average level of injuries according to that physioroom website and almost twice the worst case scenario for one of their Premier League season records.

I'm personally of the opinion that this problem might be particularly bad in the lower leagues. I regret that the game is very much geared towards ensuring that things work well 'higher up the chain'. It wouldn't surprise me to find that injuries have been configured based upon attributes in the top division, with little attention paid to the repercussions at non-League level, for instance. It's the same with several other areas of the game and it spoils it for a fan of non-League like myself, and also those who like managing at the lowest level in the game. What other people have told me about their injuries in the lower divisions has generally matched with this assumption.

Regards,

C.

Thanks for replying Wiitastic.

There are things you as a manager can do to limit the times this may happen to you. Lighter training which includes not training on the day after the match, rotate your 1st team players more, like have your main players play 2 out of 3 matches. Also if you look like winning and are 2+ goals up at the 75 minute mark, sub 3 players who have a lower condition rating. Also have a decent list of players for your 1st team.

I do all of these things as my standard practice.

Also lets not forget to obviously get the best physios money can buy, There is alot of difference between a world class physio and a continental physio, this can save a week or 2 on the sidelines for your players. Also hire the maximum amount of physios your club will let you get. Also get 1 or 2 fitness coaches also, this will make your players fitter and better conditioning for game day and other days.

This is where I think the problem might lie. Of course, at a Blue Square South non-League club, you're allowed one physio (normally with a low rating) and one coach. Obviously, there isn't a lot I can do about that.

Regards,

C.

Now the most I have are guys out 1-4 weeks. and when that does happen there is no more than 3 out at a time. Thus having 2 players for each position makes things easier for me.

And another thing, If you can buy players that play in multiple positions, thats great for a playing list. Players who can play on both wings, or a player who can play both dl and dr is like gold for any club.

In my 1st team sitting on the bench and others in my 1st team squad, all my players there can play in multiple positions. Some can even play on all positions in the midfield and others can play Dl and dr and dc.

By buying players like this would make it cheaper and mean you need less players and helps for the times your club does get an injury curse

How, when and why does/will it get better Wiitastic? Genuine question.
I just find it ridiculous that a player can get an injury in the fifth minute, play the full 90 then get kept out for three weeks. Very aggravating.

easily done. it might just be a slight knock, he plays on, then gets another knock later in the game and the injury gets worse, the next 48 hours is very important for injuries, they might swell up and get worse, very plausable

Training has been proven to have a negligable impact on CA gain whatsoever, with Ambition, Professionalism and Match Experience the critical factors in CA gain. By taking steps to effectively develop youngsters you automatically resolve the problem of fans being upset due to a lack of appearances. A solution that kills two birds with one stone, a solution you are ignorant of and a question you prefer to rant about and insult the programming of this game rather than figuring out the solution to or asking someone for assistance.

You assume the game works like you think and are wrong, but you rant about it working stupidly when simply playing it with a modicum of understanding resolves most problems you will be faced with. 17 posts in and not only have you proven your knowledge of FM to be non-existant but have managed insult the development staff and quite a few posters.

Really. I think you don't know what you are talking about. You cannot start a 17 year old on the first team to give him "match experience" because his stats are atrocious compared to the first team and back up players on a team like my Lyon squad and compared to the stats of my Ligue 1 competition ... so I do like they do IN REAL LIFE .. 16/17 year olds play in the U-18 league games .. then when they are 18-20 I send them out on loan to lower league clubs to get first team experience ... and then I am hoping that their CA stats are then up to snuff to play first team in the big time ... i don't know yet because I am only on season two but I have my doubts ... as for the fans you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG. If you sign a 17 year old wonderkid with 6 star potential ... like i did with Gai Assulin for only 1M and he plays all season on the u-18 squad except in the last 2 or 3 league games after the title is wrapped up the fans say the signing is POOR ... do that with 5-6 wonderkids that are 15-17 years old and it has a major effect on my manager rating when it comes to signings ... this is silly ... period ... no ifs and or buts ... if you play your 16 year olds in your first team than i can only suspect you do no play in a big time club in a big time league because if you did you would now that a young, even wonderkids CA stats are often too low to not get slaughtered by the competition ... until you are 18 U-18 game should count as Match Experience towards improving your CA stats ... if it doesnt then the game is just nonsensical and doesnt operate like real life ... as a man utd fan i am excited that we signed Adem Ljajic but I am also fine that he stayed on loan with his small club because i know at 17 he cannot hang with the first team ... even Tosic couldnt hang with the first team and he was 20 ... so if the game operates under some other set of principles where signings are only successful if they play in the first team regardless of the age and price of the signee and if the only way for a player under 18 to develop thru match experience is thru 1st team experience at a top 15 in the world club then the game simply has it wrong ...

and as for your expert assistance you think i should be asking for you can keep it ... as it seems you may think you understand the game like some svengali guru but apparently you are so myopic that you fail to understand that understanding how the game works and understanding whether or not the game works as a realistic representation of the real life game are two different things ...

feel free not to reply to my post anymore as your opinion is really no longer needed

thanks the management

Really. I think you don't know what you are talking about. You cannot start a 17 year old on the first team to give him "match experience" because his stats are atrocious compared to the first team and back up players on a team like my Lyon squad and compared to the stats of my Ligue 1 competition

Then scout players who have decent attributes as a 16 or 17 year old. You'd be suprised how many you can find when you take a few hours out of your time to look inside the game even more.

Even at the start of the 2nd season I can easily find up to 10 regens who can be played immediately in the 1st team as 1st team starters, all this by just spending 60-90 minutes in the transfer center and researching under 19 international sides and big club under 19 lists.

There are things you as a manager can do to limit the times this may happen to you. Lighter training which includes not training on the day after the match, rotate your 1st team players more, like have your main players play 2 out of 3 matches.

Also if you look like winning and are 2+ goals up at the 75 minute mark, sub 3 players who have a lower condition rating. Also have a decent list of players for your 1st team. 2 players for each position at bare minimum so that means having 22 players at your disposal at all times is a clear must. Also lets not forget to obviously get the best physios money can buy, There is alot of difference between a world class physio and a continental physio, this can save a week or 2 on the sidelines for your players. Also hire the maximum amount of physios your club will let you get. Also get 1 or 2 fitness coaches also, this will make your players fitter and better conditioning for game day and other days.

Now this is only a few things you can do.

i do most of these things ... i have two complete line ups A and B and they start about a 2 to 1 ratio in the begining of the season and sometimes swap one game and the next by the end ... i start an entire back up squad against weak league teams, cup games and often before or after big Champ Lge or League matches ... I take anybody under 80% condition off at halftime and anybody under 70% during the second half (outside of say the last 5 min) ... i never start anybody with less than 90% conditon ... and i have 6 physios with a 17 or higher in Physiotherapy ... i think i am not even allowed to hire anymore and i have two 7 star fitness coaches ... which is why i was so confused that these seemed to have no effect ... and if they are having an effect i cannot imagine how much worse it would have been without them ... scary thought

Archived