Why do transfer leaks ALWAYS result in A.I signing the player they don't need

This is really getting ridiculous. It was a great idea when it started, but whenever a player you try and sign becomes public knowledge, the A.I always seems to sign them, even when they don't need them, and even though I'm only lowly Bournemouth! For example I get interested in the likes of Vadim Demidov from Panathanaikos, and get a £5.5 million offer accepted, then the warning over a "leak," which results in many other clubs being interested in him. Then PSV signs him for £5.5 million (my exact bid) and then the player gets a status as backup!! The same went for Nicolas N'Koulou, who now is a backup for them too after paying £6.25 million for him... Now I can understand other lowly prem clubs taking interest in these players, but when you see the likes of A.C Milan, PSV and Chelsea raise interest in the player after your tiny club makes a bid, there's something wrong. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just my staff?

P.S the players are interested in joining my club before the interest...

I think "always" is one of the most innaccurate and overused words on the forum.

And yes, it's all about reputation. A big player will always go to a mid-table Man U rather than a Champions League Bournmouth. Reps in real life take years to build and don't drop off too quickly, but in the game it is well-known that club reps don't rise quickly enough.

A Bournmouth or Grimsby or Kings Head Utd team in the Prem and Champions League every season for five years running should attract the top players.

the point is not about the rep of the big club and where the player chose to go its about AI clubs stopping you from getting the players you need and the said AI club doesnt need this player. its bloody stupid that once the clubs learn about you being interested a player they all come swarming for him and half the clubs dont need the player. something that really needs to be fixed for the transfer system as this has been happening on fm from at least 07 from what i can remember.

Well to a certain extent it does happen IRL as well. Look at how many clubs are clamouring for Antonio Valencia, Franck Ribery, David Villa etc.

yeah the big players, even when you play as small teams it happens all the same

It's because your club rep is too low. PSV in the Champions League are more attractive than Bournemouth. Look at Arbeloa preferring to warm the bench behind Ramos at Real rather then play 1st team football in a lesser rep side.

Arbeloa wouldn't be in Liverpool's first team ahead of Johnson, would he?

Archived