Ever gotten the exact draw you wanted?

Every time the Champions league group draw comes around (and indeed any cup draw) I look at each team in the draw as decide what teams I'd like to draw...

Then I press 'auto draw' and wait excitedly for the draw to come out.

This year I wanted an easy passage to the last 16 (After several years of monster groups with Barca and madrid etc) so I looked at each seeding group and picked out the weakest teams:

(I'm seeded first)

Weakest in 2nd seeds - AZ

Weakest in 3rd seeds - Dinamo Kiev

Weakest in 4th seeds - Haifa

Right, I said, that group will do me... :)

Imagine my surprise and delight when one after the other, I drew these teams.

It was awesome! :)

I could just imagine looking across the hotel conference room in Geneva at Mark Hughes (My main rival) as his Man City team draw AC Milan, Real Madrid and PSV.

:)

Have you ever been fortunate enough to draw the easiest possible group while your main rival draws the hardest?

I never have the draw I want. As a lower league manager, I always manage to get drawn against Championship/League One teams or high end BSP teams straight away and them sorts of teams murder BSN sides like mine.

Oh and I am sure you are not the only one.

I'll just add actually...

I don't always hope for an easy draw... when I was managing lower league, i'd always hope for the glamor tie away to a top EPL team, but inevitably end up draw away to someone deeply unfashionable like Layton Orient (no offense).

I also wanted to play away to the milans and the madrids when I first got my team to the CL...

Draw never goes the way i want it too. In the French Cup and League Cup i've only ever played Ligue1 sides in 3 seasons, despite NAT sides and L2 sides participating in those rounds. Wouldn't have minded an easier draw to get some reserve players some action.

I never have the draw I want. As a lower league manager, I always manage to get drawn against Championship/League One teams or high end BSP teams straight away and them sorts of teams murder BSN sides like mine.

Oh and I am sure you are not the only one.

Same :thup:

When i was languishing in the BSN/P even league 2 i never got the money spinning draw i desperately wanted. Come to think of it, in those formative years of my team i think i failed to get drawn at home.

I typically get useless draws (I play as BSN/BSS or BSP teams, to start) where I will get a team one division above me at home, so I am guaranteed a boost in attendance, but they get half of the ticket sales, and I'm bound to lose, so I bow out early, and it stinks.

On a couple of occasions, I managed to get lucky, and after making it into the FA Cup 3rd round (I got drawn with Conference sides, and then miraculously beat a L1 team to progress), I drew Southampton at St. Mary's, and won, not to mention ₤200K from the gate receipts, and then the Holy Grail of draws - Man United at Old Trafford. Hallelujah! Even a 5-1 whipping couldn't bring down my spirits after I netted a whopping ₤800K! All in all, it was a great run, that money lasted me through the next 2 seasons, and helped me get back-to-back promotions.

Sadly, such success in FM is short-lived. Gotta love the game, though!

Also, are there any other FM players out there as sad as me, that imagine the IRL fall out from in game events like this one?

:o

Yeah lol I always picture real life stuff like that, FM is like a fantasy roleplaying game as much as it is a tactical one

Archived