Britain and India Challenge -FM 2009

Hello, Since crouchaldinho didn’t want to do the challenge this year I have did it for him, most of it is copied from the 08 thread

Welcome to the Britain and India Challenge 2009!

This challenge will appeal to those who perhaps do not have as much time to play as they would like, or do not have a high specification PC. Having said that, there is scope for a very long and challenging game here.

British and Indian football:

It is now more than 60 years since India became independent of British rule. Britain's legacy is, of course, still huge. However, in the sporting world only cricket has managed to capture the imagination of the Indian nation. Yet, India is home to the third oldest football tournament, the Durand Cup (after the English and Scottish FA Cups).

Of course, the Indian people have also had an equally deep impact upon British culture. Yet, sadly, I do not believe that there are any Indian players that are playing top flight football in England (or for that matter Scotland or any of the other British leagues).

These are wrongs that must be put right! And guess what? YOU are the man to do it!

Summary of the challenge:

The challenge is separated into four parts with the main goals being to -

1) Improve Indian club football by having success, both domestically and in Asian competition, with an Indian club side.

2) Capture the imagination of India by taking on the national job and steering them towards the knock-out stages of a major international tournament.

3) Move to your chosen home league (i.e. England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland) and establish a side of British players capable of winning the league title and Champions League, while also continuing in your role as an ambassador for Indian football and promoting their players.

4) Take on one of the home nation manager jobs and lead them to glory at the World Cup or European Championships.

THE CHALLENGE - Full Details:

LEVEL 1 - BRINGING THE BEAUTIFUL GAME TO THE SUBCONTINENT

Begin by creating a manager with a British or Indian nationality (i.e. English, Scottish, Wales, Northern Irish or Indian). I am willing to accept any combination of British and Indian nationalities you desire.

Select the following leagues - India (NFL), and your chosen “home” leagues, which matches with your nationality, you can load up as many leagues as you want from your “home” country.

In the case of being of Indian nationality, you can choose any of the home nations you desire).

Retain all Indian, English, Scottish, Welsh and N.Irish players. If you don’t have a good computer like me you can just load up Indian players and your chosen “home” country’s players.

Start the game in India, which is one of the most exciting, huge and beautiful countries in the world. Here you have a chance to make your mark in a nation without a footballing tradition - so make your own history.

Holiday for one season and then select one of the newly promoted Indian club sides as your starting base. You must honour your first contract at this club. However, once you have finished your first contract you can consider jumping ship to one of the bigger Indian sides where you may have more success in attaining your goals.

These are the clubs that can be promoted

Clubs		Reputation
Salgaocar		 2000
Viva Kerala		 1350
Pune Fc		    1250
SBT		         1150
Punjab Police        1000
Indian Bank		 1000
HASC		         1000
Amity Utd		 650
ONGC		         500
Oil India		 500
Army XI		    500
New Delhi Heroes	 500

To complete the level you must win two consecutive Indian Football League titles.

You must also have won the oldest football competition in Asia, the Durand Cup, and the Asian club football tournament, the AFC Cup .

LEVEL 2 - THE INDIAN NATIONAL GAME

You must have won at least one Indian Football League title before beginning this level.

The idea is a simple one - wait for the Indian national job to become available, apply for it and then make them successful.

Here you have the opportunity to give the national side a style and philosophy to reflect the wonderful nation of India. They say that national football styles reflect their socio-cultural environment. What will be the style of India?

The traditions of India are diverse, so perhaps you will choose to reflect the poetic and philosophical nature of India's history by playing with an attractive and romantic style. Or will you attempt to force you tactical philosophy upon the players? The choice is yours.

The goal here is to qualify for an international tournament, i.e. the World Cup or Asian Cup, and then get past the initial group stages and into the knock-out rounds. Anything else here is a bonus.

LEVEL 3 - RETURNING HOME

This level must not be attempted until level 1 is complete.

Here you have the opportunity to return home in a blaze of glory after having success in Asia. You will now manage in your chosen home nation, which could be the English Premiership, Scottish Premiership, Welsh or Northern Irish football leagues.

Your arrival in Britain might be rather like that of Arsene Wenger's arrival at Arsenal - you will be an obscure manager who has had success in Asia and wishes to bring his knowledge to the British game.

Both the EPL and SPL are awash with foreign superstars these days but you are not going to involve yourself in that. You are returning to Britain to get rid of Johnny Foreigner and win with British players.

However, do not forget that you also return as an ambassador for Indian football. You must also promote Indian players and bring through the first successful Indian player in your chosen home country.

You may take over at any club you like. A bigger club may give you more funds to bring in the British and Indian talent you require, however the pressure for success may make it impossible for you to embark upon a transitional period. A smaller Premiership side may give you greater opportunity to build up a British and Indian side but it may take much longer. The choice is yours.

The goal is to win the Premiership and the Champions League with ONLY British players (i.e. English, Scottish, Welsh, N. Irish) and as many Indian players in the squad as possible ,however, you MUST have at least ONE regular Indian starter.

LEVEL 4 - BRING FOOTBALLING GLORY TO BRITAIN

This must obviously be attempted after completion of the LEVEL 2 Indian national team challenge.

The goal is simple - take your chosen national team to glory at a major tournament. If you fail with your first national team you may try again with another home nation that is not your nationality.

Suggestions and Clarifications:

I suggest English (or Scottish), however you can play in any BRITISH league system, i.e. EPL, SPL, Welsh football league, Northern Irish football league - it is your choice but the objectives remain the same. Remember that picking Welsh or Norn Iron leagues would make success in Europe extremely difficult indeed. The deepest respect would go to anyone who managed to complete level 3 or 4 with a Welsh or Northern Irish side/national team.

Equally, when taking control of a national team, ANY British side is acceptable. This adds another element because, for instance, if you fail to win anything with your chosen home nation and you get sacked then you could have another go at winning a major tournament with one of the other home nations.

Regarding Work Permits, I would advise that the idea of the game is to get as many Indian players as is possible. But you MUST have at least ONE Indian player who is featuring as a regular in your first XI to meet with the requirements of promoting footballers from your adopted nation (i.e. India).

There is no restriction on moving clubs ,the only exception being during your first contract with the newly promoted Indian club, which you must honour.

There are no restrictions on assigning feeder/parent clubs.

To sign a player you must scout them first. No external utilities such as Genie Scoutshould be used.

The database should be unedited and You can use any of the official patches

Rules for this Thread (mostly stolen and plagiarised from Dafuge ,sorry mate!)

Player naming is allowed. (This is a warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Discussion on tactics is allowed. (This is another warning for those of you who do not wish to see this)

Screenshots for anything are encouraged but not required.

When you join the challenge, you could post a screenshot of your manager's profile, not absolutely necessary though, I am happy to just have some details about your manager.

Progress of your management career and attempt to achieve the four levels of this challenge should be documented using this thread. I want to hear the story of your career and your achievements all the way through.

Please keep us updated, even if you are doing really badly. You probably won’t be doing as badly as me!

At the end of every season, could everyone post some kind of season review - screenshots are encouraged but not required.

Good luck and I hope you have fun with this challenge.

Ok I'll post here then.

My test game with Salgaocar should be within the confines of the challenge although I'm not sure if I loaded all british players.

Salgaocar - I-League 2009/10

Spent much of the season experimenting and not really playing all out, just testing the waters. Started slow but found some flow when I turned to playing direct and slow. Finished the season comfortably in fifth, which is about where I expected to come. With a bit more focus I think I could have been third. Stil a fun season. Didn't play in the Durand, and finished 2nd in my group behind later winners Mohun Bagan in the Fed. The club starts with plenty strikers but more or less no defense. Finding some decent defenders would help a lot.

09/10 Salgaocar 5th 22 9-7-6 45-36 +9 34

Random facts:

- Finances are good, helped by 18800 average attendance

- Dempo won the league, Mohun Bagan both cups

- A number of foreign players gain indian nationality during the first season. Look for these.

Some decent players

Ivan Fiel da Silva - 28 yo brazilian striker who was already at the club. Seven goals in twelve games is a useful return.

Carlos Colaco - 17 yo midfielder signed on a free from Cannanore Brothers. Injured from the start but forced himself into the side scoring four times and assisting three in ten starts. Physically weak but still delivers.

Jayanta Sen - 30 yo hard working midfielder signed from East Bengal for 1k. The mainstay of the midfield all season and the one who kept going when the others faltered.

Yakubu Yusif - 31 yo ghanese striker who was named as the best player at the club when I took over. Impressive in the friendlies but fell through when the season started. Came back with five goals in four games in january and finished with 8 in 17.

Salgaocar - Indian National Football League 2009/2010

Had a brilliant first season with Salgaocar, Yakubu Yusif and Ivan Fiel da Silva were banging them in and I only lost 3 times throughout the season and finished the season in 3rd place. Mohun Bagan were winners by a long way and Dempo finished 2nd 3 pts ahead of me. I was put out of the Federation Cup by JCT in the quarter finals. My bank balance is now up to 73k and im making profit every month.

League -INFL.jpg

Top Scorer- Ivan Fiel da Silva and Yakubu Yusif both with 12

Most Assists- Sanjay Alemao, Yakubu Yusif and Sanju Pradhan all with 5

Average Rating- Sanju Pradhan - 7.25

Key Players

Yakubu Yusif - Powerful Striker who gets alot of goals

Ivan Fiel Da Silva- A determined Striker who works well with Yakubu

Gael Payet - A great leader at centre back

Sanju Pradhan - a fast winger that can play at striker who comes up with the vital goals

Jacques Grondin- An attacking right-back who always plays well

A cracking challenge, and one which I was hoping would be making a reappearance for 2009. I holidayed a season, and couldn't resist Salgaocar when they came up... sorry!

We had a strong first season, finishing sixth in the league whilst showing plenty of potential and promise for the future.

Whilst scouting the country for potential talent (trust me, its hard to find in India!) I did come across one gem. The kid is special, and he has the potential to easily be good enough for international football. If he gets as good as my scouts say he can, I think he could be very good indeed, and potentially a player I might look at bringing over to the UK if and when I move there.

Good first season mate and that kid looks very good suprising hes only 5k, theres a couple of good regens in my game but there all 20k+ and ive only got a 7.5k budget

Yeah I had that issue. But to be honest, all I needed to do was make the offers anyway, and you have the option of adjusting your budgets just enough so that the transfer could go down, at a small wage budget expense.

I have done pnefc22. I've gone for FC Pune as they've only got a tiny stadium and fancy a real challenge. Just played the first game with most of my youths cos all my free signings only arive on the 1st October. Roll on!!!

Couple of seasons gone by, managed to finish respectfully in both of them, although a result here or there really could have made the season for us. If we can shore up the defense next season, or maybe find a striker with another goal or two in him, then I think we really are in a great position to challenge for the title.

Still yet to find an Indian player as good/with as much potential as Rajat Das.

NFL 2010/11

NFL 2011/12

[u]SEASON        TEAM              LEAGUE                                    POSITION         NOTES[/u]
2009/10       Salgaocar         Indian National Football League           6th
2010/11       Salgaocar         Indian National Football League           3rd
2011/12       Salgaocar         Indian National Football League           3rd

Salgaocar- Indian National Football League 2010/2011

I think I should of won the league this season, as i was in 1st place after 12 games then i went on a 7 game streak without a win due to injuries and morale loss. I ended up in 3rd and also I changed my tactic to a more defensive one this season and conceded 15 goals all season and scoring 30. my strikers wern't on top form either with Yakubu Yusif being the top scorer with 7. The league was basically split in half with a 15 point gap between 6th and 7th and was much tighter at the top. The finances are at 77k now. In the federation cup i was once again put out by JCT in the quarter final and in the durand cup i came last in the group because my team were getting used to the new tactic :)

INFL1-1.jpg

Also got this guy throught my youth who looks quite good

YP1.jpg

Top Goalscorer - Yakubu Yusif and Ivan Fiel da Silva with 7

Most Assists - Sanju Pradhan 9

Average rating - Sanju Pradhan 7.21

I just left my game on holiday mode and can reassure you that the regens in India generally become quite good after 5 years or so. Easily mid PL quality...

About the jump from IFL to EPL or SPL though: Is this even possible? I reckon you'd have to win the World Club Championship for even the lowest teams to consider you...

I speak out of experience: in CM03/04 (no WCC) I once won 6 ACL's, 8 ASEAN's, 10 IFL's and a bunch of cups and the only team that wanted me was conference side Crawley... Quite the blow for my self-confidence...

I even remember thinking 'that's unrealistic with Wenger going to Arsenal IRL'

Finished my fourth season in charge of Salgaocar, and we finally won our first league title. It was well deserved as well, with a fantastic 13 game winning streak at one point. Mohun Bagan were always going to be close to us, as they are by far and away the best team in India at the moment, disregarding us of course. Hopefully within the next two to three years we will userp them as the biggest club in the country.

It is worth noting also that Mohun Bagan defeated us in the finals of both the Federation Cup and the Durand Cup.

NFL 2012/13

[u]SEASON        TEAM              LEAGUE                                    POSITION         NOTES[/u]
2012/13       Salgaocar         Indian National Football League           1st

congrats mate, do you change your tactic every season or keep it the same?

Cheers mate. :)

I'm keeping the formation the same, but changing the tactics slightly each season. I set the tempo slightly slower and the team more defensive this season, and whilst we generally scored less goals, we won many more matches than we have done the last few seasons. So I guess you can say it worked? :p

Salgaocar - Indian National Football League 2011/2012

Started off the season badly and was in 7th place after 7 games but switched the tactic a wee bit and started winning, I finished the season in 2nd place behind Mohun Bagan who are getting more dominant winning everything this year. Their Strikers had 60 goals between them in all competitions but for the first time i beat them this season. The finances are up to 220k now because of the 2 huge sellings of 110k and 100k of 2 of my Youth players, the chairmen accepted the offers so i couldn't stop it. and, the cups were shocking this year, not sure why.

INFL2.jpg

Top Goalscorer - Yakubu Yusif 9

Most Assists - Jacques Grondin 6

Average Rating - Gael Payet 7.16

Cracking stuff gwa. I've yet to win any of the cups, seeming to lose to Mohun Bagan in the final of both every year. Ah well.

Update coming soon, and trust me, there's a shock or two on the way!

Looking at our domestic performance, and the league in particular, it wasn't a great season. We started strongly, exchanging early blows and the lead of the title race with main rivals Mohun Bagan. However, we were 'distracted' by the non-domestic competitions, and as a result, our league form suffered somewhat, possibly also down to my squad rotation. We finished third again, with a low points total, and miles away from Mohun Bagan. It is worth noting that we were always in the top two, until Dempo overtook us on the very last day.

However, it was easily my best season as Salgoacar manager, and I will explain why. Due to some form of extreme luck, the season we first managed victory in the Indian National Football League was proceeded by the first time India hosted the FIFA Club World Championship. This got us, lowly Salgaocar, into the First Round of the biggest worldwide club competition! We didn't waste this opportunity, easily beating Oceania's entrants Auckland City 3-0. This got us into the Second Round, where we earned a tough draw against Asia's champions, Al-Ittihad of Saudia Arabia. This was the team which had won the Asian Champions League the season previously, beating Mohun Bagan 7-1 in the Group Stages! Somehow, we managed to hold on to a 1-0 lead right to the last minute, when an equaliser doomed us to extra time. This we held out during, and managed to sneak a win on penalties. We were through to the semis! And what's more, we were to play REAL MADRID!!!

Too good to be true, Salgoacar's players walked out into a full 120,000 capacity crowd at the Salt Lake Stadium in Calcutta. Madrid were too strong, winning 4-0, but the biggest game in Indian club history had netted us £2.5m alone! Our bank balance over the season shot up from £100k to around £4.5m due to just this competition alone. We were now by far the richest, and perhaps even biggest club in India. But we weren't done yet. A third place playoff with USA's DC United beckoned, and again we stepped up to the plate, holding on to a draw and beating them on penalties.

The Asian Champions League was just as good. I was pleased when the Group Stage draw was made, since we had Yokohama (JAP), Suwon (KOR) and Osotsapa (THA). To qualify, we had to win the group, and I must say I wrote off our chances right at the start. As, it is safe to say, did the media. We started out with a great win away to Osotsapa, followed up by a remarkable 3-2 win at home to Suwon. I was hopeful of not finishing bottom now, and was even dreaming of second place, something an Indian side hasn't managed during my time as a managed in the country. We earned a creditable draw at home to Yokohama, before drawing somewhat disappointingly at home to Osotsapa. To win the group, we had to win both remaining games, away to the biggest sides in the group. What happened in Suwon made me dream. We won 4-1, totally playing them off the pitch. The win was rightly applauded as the 'biggest in Salgoacar's history'. We still needed to beat Yokohama in Japan to qualify, and earned an early penalty in the match. Step up Rajat Das, who put it away, before marshalling a fantastic defensive display which saw us hold on and qualify!

The quarter finals are not to be played until mid-September, but I can tell you we have been drawn against Saudi Arabian side Al-Shabab. We lost to Mohun Bagan in the final and semi final of the Durand and Federation Cups respectively, and also lost 2-1 to them in the Indian Super Cup final. The aim for next season is definitely to improve our domestic display!

NFL 2013/14

Asian Champions League Group Stages

[u]SEASON        TEAM              LEAGUE                                    POSITION         NOTES                                    [/u]
2013/14       Salgaocar         Indian National Football League           3rd              CWC 3rd place, won in ACL Group Stages

I'm keeping tabs on this thread at the mo guys.

I'm just into Feb in my first season with FC Pune and sitting in 5th place. Started out very badly but keep scraping 1-0 wins and 1-1 draws away. Our average attendance is 821 and we're currently 5K in the red. Signed 14 players this season for a total of 1K lol. Got 3 more coming in June and hope the current crop can produce a couple of gems maybe seeing as 7 of my first team are under 20.

Excellent there mate with your finances that high you'll probably be able to bring in all the best indian youth talent

also it seems to be only you and me doing this challenge

Nothing so great this year.. I've had a contract offer to a promising Mohun Bagan defender rejected... it seems I need to really userp them as India's top team. I have managed to bring in a few quality players though, for modest transfer fees.

It does! I think it'd be nice if a few others gave it a go too.

I'm keeping tabs on this thread at the mo guys.

I'm just into Feb in my first season with FC Pune and sitting in 5th place. Started out very badly but keep scraping 1-0 wins and 1-1 draws away. Our average attendance is 821 and we're currently 5K in the red. Signed 14 players this season for a total of 1K lol. Got 3 more coming in June and hope the current crop can produce a couple of gems maybe seeing as 7 of my first team are under 20.

Nice mate, keep up the updates what tactic are you using

Salgaocar - Indian National Football League 2012/2013

We won all the cups this year apart from the super cup which mohun bagan injured 4 of our players and i had to play with 9 men then they beat us 1-0. I came 2nd in the league behind Mohun Bagan once again. Finances are still good at 208k. This year I played attacking football with the slider at all out attack but somehow i only scored 31 and only conceded 13 in the league :confused:

INFL3.jpg

FED.jpg

DURAND.jpg

Top Scorer - Sanju Pradhan 10

Most Assists - Sanju Pradhan 7

Rating - Gael Payet 7.31

Nice mate, keep up the updates what tactic are you using

I'm using a variation of Heath's tactic in the tactics forum. I've changed it to a 4-1-4-1 with one of the midfieders on free role supporting the striker. After getting battered early on this season I dropped the width and d-line to just above normal and I now play slow/short passing as my players are pretty poo.

Just finished in 3rd place 4 points behind top spot so a really good first season if I do say so myself. Need a bit more pace in the side now and a decent def mid to help out the defence.

I'm not going to beat around the bush here - we absolutely walked the division this year. We won all but four of our games, which we drew, and could have easily won every single one. Mohun Bagan looked to be less of a threat this season, falling away towards the end like we always used to.

We were beaten in the final of both cups AGAIN, much to my annoyance. We also got knocked out in the quarter finals of the Asian Champions League 2-1 on aggregate. At least we'll be there again next season, due to the title win. Its upwards from here.

NFL 2014/15

[u]SEASON        TEAM              LEAGUE                                    POSITION         NOTES                                    [/u]
2013/14       Salgaocar         Indian National Football League           3rd              CWC 3rd place, ACL Quarter Finals
2014/15       Salgaocar         Indian National Football League           1st

Just started out pre-season and brought in a few good prospects in for free. Also got a cracking AMC/R come through the ranks. Just had the cup draw and been informed that a takeover is imminant by a consortium of buyers who intend to place another manager in charge if it goes through! I'm gutted and hoping I get to stay as I was getting in to this.

Salgaocar - Indian National Football League 2013/2014

This season was much like my 2nd season, we played well on the first half of the season as we were top then we just played crap the rest of the season and the most annoying thing is that Mohun Bagan are unbeatable for me. Lost in the Durand Cup Semi final to them and lost in the Federation cup final and lost on the super cup final to them too. The only good thing they did was buy one of my players for 500k which has put the finances up alot. At the end of the season i finished 2nd behind -Mohun Bagan again.

INFL4.jpg

Super Cup

We played amazing here getting off to a good start when Sanju put us in front after 28 minutes. But then the player i hate most -Sunil Chetri(because he always skins my keeper and scores like 2-3 every match against me) equalised 4 minutes later. at half time it was 1-1 and i told my team that they can win the match but Sunil Chetri scored another and i thought it was over but we got an equliser in the 79th minute by a header from a corner scored by Gael Payet the captain. and 10 minutes went by then my Centre back hits a 30 yard screamer and scores. I went mad and started jumpin around. I went to change the tactic to defensive but before i could do it they had already scored :( . The match went to penalties, the first 6 players from each side scored making it 6-6 then it was Sunil Chetri to hit for them and he skies it. Then my right back ( the guy Mohun Bagan are signing for 500k) steps up and smacks it off the post. Then the guy that scored the 93rd minute equaliser for them hits it in top corner, I was 7-6 down at this stage and I had to score the next penalty to stay in the game. But my left back missed by a mile and I got ****ed off.

super.jpg

Top Goalscorer- Sanju Pradhan 10

Most Assists - Augustine Singh 7

Rating - Jacques Grondin 7.34

The league title was wrapped up again - thus winning two titles on the bounce and completing that part of Level 1 of the challenge. This was followed up by winning the Durand Cup - the second out of the three Level 1 elements. We qualified from our group in the Champions League with ease, and have every chance of wrapping up Level 1 this season. We thought our 4-1 victory away to Suwon last season was as good as it got for us. I was wrong. This season, this happened. Cue chants of 'can we play you every week?'.

Mohun Bagan, our main rivals of the previous few seasons, were really nowhere this season. I was surprised how easily they fell off, and have been predicted by the media to finish fourth this season! Bobby Houghton retired following the Asian Nations Cup, and I instantly applied for the job. Being perhaps the best manager in India, I was accepted into the role with open arms, and will look to make the job my only job shortly after I complete Level 1.

One other thing of note that happened this season was a board takeover. It had been threatened for months, and when it started, I was immediately told that they were going to install a new, unknown manager. No idea why. I was told my job was 'under review' when the takeover was complete, and a week later I was told I was to keep my job, due to the overwhelming support I had from the players and fans. Shortly after this, I was offered a new four year contract. I accepted, but I doubt that I'll be fulfilling it...

NFL 2015/16

ACL Group 2016

2013/14       Salgaocar         Indian National Football League           3rd              CWC 3rd place
2014/15       Salgaocar         Indian National Football League           1st              ACL quarter finals
2015/16       Salgaocar         Indian National Football League           1st              Federation Cup winners, Durand Cup winners, Super Cup winners

Very nice mate your obviously better then me at FM, im 3rd currently in my season , I won the Durand Cup over Mohun Bagan :)

I wouldn't say that, I've just had more luck in the league. You won the cups way earlier than me. If you want any tips, I'd advise you to look for the young players, since some of them really develop into stars! About 9 of my regular starting 11 are regens now.

Keep it up!

Salgaocar - Indian National Football League 2014/2015

Won the Durand and super cup both over Mohun Bagan this year, both on penaltys. But in the league Mahindra Utd have got stronger and pushed me into 3rd place. it was still better then last time as i did better by 3 pts. Mohun Bagan just walked the league and are getting stronger and stronger. The finances are at 600k now and have went down due to high wages.

INFL5.jpg

DURAND1.jpg

SUPER1.jpg

Top Goalscorer - Sanju Pradhan 15, he had a good season this year

Most Assists - Sanju Pradhan 9

Average Rating - Gael Payet 7.31

Awards:

Sanju Pradhan 3rd in Player of the Year

Gael Payet 1st in Defender of the year

Jacques Grondin 2nd in Defender of the year

Ravinder Fernandes 2nd in Goalkeeper of the year

I was 2nd in manager of the year

Sanju Pradhan was 3rd in top goalscorer

btw Dave how do you do it so the links are in the text

Salgaocar - Indian National Football League 2015/2016

I won everything I participated in this year including the league :D . it was quite even at January with us, Mohun Bagan and Vasco(IND) but in that transfer window Mohun Bagan sold basically half their team and started losing and drawing and Vasco just wern't good enough. Our defense was brilliant this year with them all getting average ratings above 7.20

My finances sit at 505k in the black which is alright.

INFL6.jpg

fed1.jpg

DURAND2.jpg

Top Goalscorer - Sanju Pradhan 12

Most Assists - Anthony Singh 12

Average Rating - Jacques Grondin 7.35

I haven't really been able to get into FM 09 as of yet, but I will start this challenge when I get home.

Hopefully this will get me interested and I will see it through.

Also gratz to the two of you on the great progress you have each made, really inspired me to take it up. :)

Managerprofile.jpg

My manager profile I have started with Viva Kerala and looking at their squad I can really see how this will be a true challenge, I have 16 players with 3 being GK's and I only have one friendly since Durand cup is going... So I will need to totally buy a new team. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody got any further with this? I'm in 2012/2013 now and not finished higher than 3rd. Got a couple of good regens come through and feel good about the next couple of seasons seeing as East Bengal are now an old team that are losing their dominance. Roll on....

Archived