Long term managers to be more involved in in-deep club matters?

currently playing a long term game with man city in 2014, and after having won consecutive PL and CL titles for two years running, I pretty much see my mission as completed, and it's starting to get a little hard to motivate for the next season.

I consider myself having done a solid job, and slowly taken them to the absolute top, winning all there is to win. The board also states that it's pleased with how much the club has grown in stature since my arrival. However, the only privilege I've gained through my time here is to suggest a feeder club.

To add a dimension to this game, and the long term games, it would be nice if the chairman/board gave you more insight in the club, letting you attend board meetings, asking you how big a stadium to build (giving you information on the number of people queueing for season tickets/potential maximum average attendance number).

Also, if you choose the option to leave the club to take on a bigger challenge, wouldn't it be cool to be able to buy small club! After successfully buying the club, you'd be given the option to join the board & hire a manager, or simply manage the first team yourself. Some people will say that this wouldn't happen IRL, but in my opinion it would add a new dimension to the game.

Opinions?

Your first idea was good and I too would like to see a more in depth attachment to the club you have spent alot of time with. Your second idea about buying a club, in my eyes is too gimmicky and not realistic, how many managers do you see buying clubs?

arent we playing football manager though?try taking over a team in swaziland 4th division at least then it will take you forever to create a tactic that could win one game.which is what this game is all about.

Your first idea was good and I too would like to see a more in depth attachment to the club you have spent alot of time with. Your second idea about buying a club, in my eyes is too gimmicky and not realistic, how many managers do you see buying clubs?

Graham Turner and Barry Fry both went from being managers to owning a club. Niall Quinn and Francis Lee both went from being footballers to Chairmen.

i agree too. i went 9 seasons with liverpool winning the league 6times and champions league 3 times. i was in the all time hall of fame and 3rd best in the nation hall of fame. i classed this as my succesfull game ive ever played on all football manager games. the honour i got after 9 seasons was the new liverpool staduim named after me. i though this was great but sadly the time the staduim was built i had lost motivation in managing liverpool as i had won everything. but wat u said would be a great idea, having more say on other things in the club would be brilliant. i would feel more of a manager in that way. and the other idea of buying a club and having the option to manage it or be the owner would realy lighten up the game and motivate players to play the game for longer than 8-10 seasons

What would you do as owner of a cub - attend long and detailed financial forecasting meetings with the finance department or re-consolidate the team's debt with the accounting department?

The reason they made a management game is because being a chairman is in no way interesting, unless you were going to be one of those meddling chairmen who pretty much do the job of the manager - but then why not just be the manager?

I do like the idea of your control increasing the longer you stay. Full control over transfer bidding should be something that you have to earn: maybe in the first season, if your board are strict, then you could present a list of a few possible purchases for key positions that need filling (much the same as what your assistant manager presents to you on the team report screen), but if you have a massive reputation or become a club legend then you can control the minutiae, have input on what kit is picked each season, actually use the ultimatum button, bring down members of the board that you don't get on with etc.

It would be good to see the club mould itself to your style: so your academy, if you are a Wenger-type manager, would produce a lot of fast technical players and only the occasional slow-and-steady type player, whereas for Sam Allardyce, the opposite would be true. Your training regimes do this to an extent anyway, but still.

When I've been a team at the top, I look at other ways to motivate myself.

When your squad gets old, the challenge of rebulding a squad whilst maintaining success and building up youth players have always kept me going.

It's exciting to watch your squad evolve into another successful squad

As i am still in my 4th season (not enough time for this game) i am still enjoying it and have yet to get bored but my friend in in 2022 and he has won everything so now he is trying to bring through as many English youngsters as possible in the hope he can nearly provide all players for the England team. He gets a few youth players each year and buys all the 15/16 year olds that come through other academys, as long as they have good reports.

Probably doesnt sound that exciting and may have been done before but when i saw his team and he only had one non-english player i was impressed as he was 1st in Prem again with Tottenham.

Archived