Ghost of Beckham Past

Just thought I'd share this and ask about old players haunting ex-clubs. I know it's been done before, but this one was pretty special.

newcbecks.th.jpg

I wasn't managing either team, it was a pure AI affair. But I have managed Newcastle on another save and for I think 2 seasons after selling Martins to Man City (£28million, ta very much) he scored against me in every game he played. Then he was a pain when Man City sold him to Blackburn too.

Had a Man Utd save where I actually bid for Beckham (I was trying to re-sign old players for mentoring youngsters, roleplaying if you will ;) ), but because I refused to pay him 55k per week and offered 50k lol, he joined Sunderland instead.

Needless to say, although my side murdered Sunderland each time, they did score and is was Mr. Beckham and it was from free-kicks.

What I couldn't believe though, was that he turned United down for 5k wage difference on the table. Probably his missus pulling the strings there. They must either buy her records up there or have a new shopping centre or something ;)

Sold Vela to Inter and the very first game was against them in the european super cup. Was very high scoring. 4-3 to them or maybe penalty defeat after 3-3 or 4-4 and he scored a couple. Actually had the opposite with a great young regen defender from Wigan who I think scored in the last game he played against me but repayed it by doing it the first few times I played Wigan.

Whats the story behind your manager name?? :D

Boredom. It's a derivitive of a save I had from early on FM2009 and I was playing with tactics. Couldn't think of a name and just went with Wigga Wigga. It's a fairly recent effort, but it's taken over from my old alias, "Big Gay Al" (from South Park).

Still, I got my real name on the box when I ordered from Play.com. I remember the day well. It was the day my wife realised she'd married a geek.

this always happens to me. I sell a player that is average at best and he turns out a world class performance every time.

The worst instance of this was when i sold a goalkeeper to another team in my league. The team were fighting relegation and the goalkeeper had let in a hatful of goals. However when i played them (twice in the league and once in the cup) he didnt concede and he got man of the match for all 3 games.

Thank god for the buy back clause.

Archived