Player looking for a new challenge...

Daniel Agger has been saying he wants a new challenge, fair enough! but it's comming to the fital part of the season now and i see this as a disruption. in FM10 can i have an option to say to a player we will sort this out at the end of the season?

eheh, you must deal with your players ambitions despiting the weather or the season progress

Won the League first season, 15 games left in this season and on top still in Champions League and FA Cup, Agger is my first choice center back so playing regulary. So why does he lack motivation?

I think that this is something that needs to be looked at by SI. I manage Man Utd and in the first three seasons I have had both Ben Foster & Darren Fletcher telling me that they have lost motivation playing for Man Utd & want a new challenge. Whilst I could understand that if they weren't playing, they were both getting around 30-40 games a season and in the first two seasons we'd won the CL twice, the PL and the Carling Cup. I ended up having to sell them both for fear of losing them for free or them disrupting my squad!

Ah, hang on you guys - what is your manager status? My guess is you've opted for managing a world class club with a low reputation rather than ex-international. The top class players with certain hidden attribute mentalities don't respect you for your lack of experience. I think Daley, you panicked - other posters say that so long as they continue to win stuff these players gradually settle down and get happy with you.

Ah, hang on you guys - what is your manager status? My guess is you've opted for managing a world class club with a low reputation rather than ex-international. The top class players with certain hidden attribute mentalities don't respect you for your lack of experience. I think Daley, you panicked - other posters say that so long as they continue to win stuff these players gradually settle down and get happy with you.

Sorry phnompenhandy, no my reputation is set to international footballer plus as a little side note the board are extremely pleased with the increase in club reputation that has happened since I took over (we are rated number 1 team in europe!)

I think that this is something that needs to be looked at by SI. I manage Man Utd and in the first three seasons I have had both Ben Foster & Darren Fletcher telling me that they have lost motivation playing for Man Utd & want a new challenge. Whilst I could understand that if they weren't playing, they were both getting around 30-40 games a season and in the first two seasons we'd won the CL twice, the PL and the Carling Cup. I ended up having to sell them both for fear of losing them for free or them disrupting my squad!

It's not about them playing or not, it's about them getting bored of playing for one club and wanting to try somewhere else.

It's not about them playing or not, it's about them getting bored of playing for one club and wanting to try somewhere else.

As I said, I could understand that if either we weren't winning trophies, if either of the players had gone to another top club (No offence to Spurs fans but Fletcher went there and Foster went to a 2nd/third rate European club) or if they were worldclass non-english players who had a favourite club in Europe they'd always dreamed of playing for! I just think that with these two players it was unrealistic.

Is he wanted by a new club or has there been rumours linking him away?

No, for both players the first I knew was an item in my inbox stating that the players agent had told the press that he had lost motivation at Man Utd. The they ask to be put on the transfer list. In both cases I originally responded that they were going nowhere but when they handed in transfer requests I accepted (I don't want a player at the club who doesn't want to be there!). Also in both cases, they went on the transfer list, I had no offers then about 2-3 months later they asked to come off of the list. I obliged only for them to decide about 4-5 months later that they had lost motivation again which then followed exactly the same route except that I sold them this time after offering them to other clubs.

I'm not to sure at first i thought there was the possiblity of one of the transfer rumours being in your inbox saying "Club interested in Player" but i do think what PhroX said is the most likely cause as if they've been at a club for too long they will eventually want to move

I'm not to sure at first i thought there was the possiblity of one of the transfer rumours being in your inbox saying "Club interested in Player" but i do think what PhroX said is the most likely cause as if they've been at a club for too long they will eventually want to move

I understand what you're saying, I just think that especially in Fletcher' case, he wouldn't want to go anywhere else unless he wasn't playing or Utd weren't winning titles. Also what sort of challenge is he getting at Spurs? Could you see him moving there IRL (don't get me wrong I know that this is only a game, it's just that I don't think SI have coded personalities as well as they could have regarding this!)

Archived