how to add alan shearer

Why should SI have a football pundit in their database? 'Cause thats all he was before, he had no interest in being the manager at the time of 9.03 being released, he was happy working for the BBC.

Unless a manager say's he is stepping down from football then they should keep the big name managers in the database imo, but you only need so many managers, no sense having loads as they'll just join managerless teams from the start.

Why should SI have a football pundit in their database? 'Cause thats all he was before, he had no interest in being the manager at the time of 9.03 being released, he was happy working for the BBC.

To be fair he is in the master database, but so are pretty much every player/possible future manager (etc) in the world I guess.

if he's passed his badges (and he's always said he will be a manager), I think he should be in the game, even just to bring in as a coach.

I like finding previous players and adding them to my coaching staff etc, so would be nice to have guys like Shearer in the game, any former players who've said they intend to step back into the breach, actually having a football pundit in the game would be wicked!

I'd love to have Gary Lineker on my coaching staff lol

To be fair he is in the master database, but so are pretty much every player/possible future manager (etc) in the world I guess.

Ah is he? Fair enough, least they think ahead I guess.

And I don't think he has passed all his badges. Remember reading Gary Neville saying the FA should crack down on people becoming managers on the basis that they're fan favourites in light of his appointment as manager. Which is fair enough I guess what with players doing these courses and not getting jobs after whereas Alan comes into a massive job, one of the biggest in England you could argue.

you shouldnt have to you must keep shearer, venables and keegan in the database they are popular managers

How can you class Shearer as a "popular manager" ?

This is his first managerial job, which is only for 8 games, and he's had to be given special dispensation to be able to take the job anyway...

How can you class Shearer as a "popular manager" ?

This is his first managerial job, which is only for 8 games, and he's had to be given special dispensation to be able to take the job anyway...

No it isn't, he has already acted as caretaker manager for Newcastle after Souness was sacked and has stated his desire to manage the club one day on numerous occasions. He was clearly going to become a manager some day and he would have been a far more sensible inclusion in the database than some of the less famous, less experienced ex-footballers who are still included.

Unless a manager say's he is stepping down from football then they should keep the big name managers in the database imo, but you only need so many managers, no sense having loads as they'll just join managerless teams from the start.

what a load of arse. if you really think shearer wasn't going to become a manager one day then i don't know why, he was just being a pundit for a while. you really think shearer was never going to coach in his life? people like this should definitely be in the game.

when are we going to add alan shearer to the game as our games our know not up to date, as i predicted when the game was released last time and you didnt put keegan in then.

Use the editor or FMTRE. SI have already confirmed they are not going to release another patch.

• 2 weeks later...
Problem is, whenever I try to add Shearer as a non-player, he is non-selectable in-game. Even tried making a copy from scratch, still non-selectable from favoured personnel links, searches will not find him in-game. Any ideas?

What role did you assign him as? .... like a manager etc.

No it isn't, he has already acted as caretaker manager for Newcastle after Souness was sacked and has stated his desire to manage the club one day on numerous occasions. He was clearly going to become a manager some day and he would have been a far more sensible inclusion in the database than some of the less famous, less experienced ex-footballers who are still included.

No. When Souness was fired, Glenn Roeder was the caretaker manager with Alan Shearer a sort of "caretaker-assistant". When Roeder took the job full-time, he appointed Kevin Bond as his assistant and Shearer went off to play Pokémon with Alan Hansen on Match of the Day.

Shearer retained a sort of honorary position at Newcastle United, until Mike Ashley decided that he would appease the Toon Army by firing their legend.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/4673636.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/5036238.stm

Archived