Why so hard to loan out?

Why is it so hard to loan young players out? Offer them for loan and usually no one is interested, those that get bids always have an option to buy in there, and my feeder clubs are a waste of time, any young player from my youth team will go out, but youngsters I sign from abroad just say no, I have 4 18 year old Spanish and Mexican prospects who all flat refuse to go to Malaga in the Spanish 2nd division for a season.

At the end of the day, if I want them to go, antd the club has a deal in place with Malaga, shouldn't they just go? Even if they had a say, they'd take the opportunity to get a season of 1st team football at that age.

Don't say get a higher rep feeder club, I'm 8 seasons in and they are the best I've managed in that time, usually some non descript German or French rubbish is all I'm offered and most other clubs turn me down.

This strikes me as odd, as i've found loaning out players in 09 considerably easier than previous FMs. I'm playing in the CCC on a large database with only the Italian and Spanish leagues on, and don't have much trouble. I guess it may depend on players age and potential, as I tend to loan out players my scouts recommend as potential premiership quality, and have even loaned out players unable to gain work permits to a semi professional Belgian feeder team!

I'd imagine the problem, if it's down to the player, is their status in the team. If they were told they had a chance in the first team (rotation+) when offered the contract, they may not want to leave?

Yep I’ve experienced this problem on 9.3 as well, and its definitely a serious issue. If you can’t loan your players out then it becomes much harder to develop them and can end up disrupting your whole team when you’ve got players in your squad how aren’t getting games because they’re not yet ready and who would be better off on loan. In my current Arsenal save (1st season) I have been unable to get a single offer for Denilson (and I might add here that he was a good enough back up in 9.1/9.2 but was one of those ‘overrated’ arsenal players that got smashed in the new patch, and now isn’t good enough yet) despite offering him out finally for 0 fee and 0% wages. Sorry SI, but this is utterly ridiculous, and there is no way you could justify this and say that at the very least a mid-low prem club would not snap him up, probably at even 80% wages. And yes I have a large database and all the major euro leagues loaded. Denilson is listed for loan, has been offered out many times in the first window, and even has ‘hoping to gain experience by going on loan’ in his personal description. Sort it out.

yes i know i have a reserve team that is full of talent, all worth around 6 million and from the ages 18-21, i also set 0 percentage salary, but no takers, some are dubbed wonderkids, i cant believe no one wants to loan these players, they would be perfect for any championship clubs.

Agreed, I have a reserve team full of quality youngsters at my Newcastle game 2013/2014 that are on the fringe of my squad, better than most teams first team players yet hardly anyone is interested in loaning them. They're quality players that only seem to get loaned by lower league teams and then fail to hold down a regular place!

Also when the show is on the other foot, i.e. when I'm managing a team in a lower division hardly any of the top flight clubs will let me loan their reserve or youth players!

I've tried varying wage and loan length both when loaning out and loaning in but neither makes much of a difference. This is much harder than it should be. Sort It out SI!

lol

;)

I have 6 leagues with various divisions loaded and a large DB, my point is that in previous games this was never an issue, in 08 I loaned my young players out easily for experience.

Now young players, signed after being scouted refuse flat out to go anywhere I try and send them and no clubs want to sign them.

When young players sign there should be some way of indicating to them they will be loaned out, as some wont go as they have only just joined. Rubbish, loads of players get signed and immediately loaned out.

I need young players to get game time I cannot give them as we are challenging for the league and Champions League, yet they just stay, in Italy especially I need them to go out on loan as there are no reserve games.

It isn't what I am doing, It's the game. In 07 and 08 this was not an issue.

It's easy enough to loan them out in first season, but after that it's quite impossible. Many of my youngsters are willing to go to a Championship club for the first time and they usually do very well. But then, I tried to send them to a club in the Dutch top division and they still refuse. They refused to go to Herenveen or even Hibernian who was playing in the UEFA Cup. It looks like I will need to make Man Utd my feeder club if I'm going to have any hope.

Archived