How to postpone a game in advance?

I remember in the old games you could request to the FA if you wanted a game postponed due to international call ups.

My game against Spurs this coming weekend is the only game in the league not to be re-arranged, despite both sides having about 10 players on international duty each.

Don't really want to play half the youth team, anyone know a way round this?

Very strange that you've mentioned this as I played Spurs the other day and had 15 players from my first squad on international duty - spurs had 8. This is a problem that I always associated with FIFA Manager and have nevr had this before in FM. I went on holiday, and shockingly won the game 1-0 with a team of youth players.

Oh man, this just happened to me. After Pompey came from 2-0 down to get a draw in the FA Cup quarter final, I've now got a replay slap-bang in the middle of the internationals. I've got a grand total of six players who have played competitive games. :(

I think it calls for some hoof-and-hope tactics from my youngsters!

This has happened to me as well. Coming towards the end of the Dutch Eredivisie season, I had made it into the playoffs. However, all of my Dutch under 19's and (I think) the u21's were on international duty. This made me miss something like 4 firstteamers and five substitutes. I find it hard to believe these two would collide like this: I missed these players for both playoff matches, losing me the playoffs. Very annoying. I can understand when it's half-season, or when I'd only miss two or three players, but this seemt unrealistic.

Archived