A very slow game

AIK

Since the 9.2.0 patch, this game has been very slow on my computer. It takes 3-10 seconds for the game to load EVERY page i want to use in the game. Looking at a player profile or my line-up/tactic, everything. It's very annoying and makes the game almost unplayable. Havn't played the game for over 2 months now, waited for the 9.3.0 patch and hoped it would be better but still no change. I've tried most options. Turned off logos and player pictures, nothing. On/off Threading. All 3D settings are on low/disabled as i don't use the 3D.

The UI are sometimes unresponsive too. But the game process well while i press continue so i don't think it's a database issue.

What can make the game run faster?

Is it possible that a simple re-installation of the game will help?

It's not fun to not being able to properly play i game i've brought. :(

• Administrators

It may help to re-install. Are you running anything else in the background? Also what are your system specs? Finally it may also be worth running a virus check to make sure there isn't anything else affecting your system. Let us know, thanks.

2 gb ram

1,86 ghz Intel DuoCore

I play the game in a window and usually have msn, winamp and a browser window open at the same time.

But i doubt that too many programs open is the problem as it worked fine in 9.0.0 & 9.1.0. Had to reinstall windows and after that the game is slow as hell.

No virus on the computer.

I have now reinstalled the game but the issue are still there.

It's most severe with player profiles.

Stuff like Team information and Feeders loads instantly but with player profiles there's a delay. There's a delay in the team & tactics page too.

After i updated the drivers there's a small improvement. But it's still a small delay from that i click on a player profile until it shows up on the screen (1-2 secs).

2 gb ram

1,86 ghz Intel DuoCore

I play the game in a window and usually have msn, winamp and a browser window open at the same time.

But i doubt that too many programs open is the problem as it worked fine in 9.0.0 & 9.1.0. Had to reinstall windows and after that the game is slow as hell.

No virus on the computer.

Are you up to date with your graphics card drivers, java and direct x?
After i updated the drivers there's a small improvement. But it's still a small delay from that i click on a player profile until it shows up on the screen (1-2 secs).

These would've been my first guesses as well.

Player information screens seem to be a little laggy on my machine as well, and occasionally the game ain't as responsive as I'd like, but I put that down to the fact that I'm running over 50 leagues in full detail.

Some more things you might want to check are:

- did you install the latest windows updates?

- do you have anti-virus tools running? these might slow down almost everything

Alos, havin toold running that are largely based on Java can make the whole system less responsive.

Ram and CPU speed shouldn't be an issue for you.

Have you checked for threading issues? Dual core should mean the game detects that and shows usage accordingly.

One thing I have found is my match day always goes to TV view, and I have to click on Classic and split to get my preference back.

Have you checked for threading issues? Dual core should mean the game detects that and shows usage accordingly.

One thing I have found is my match day always goes to TV view, and I have to click on Classic and split to get my preference back.

Easily fixed by selecting 'Classic View' from 'View Match' before kickoff. Note if you have a custom skin, this option probably won't be there.

- do you have anti-virus tools running? these might slow down almost everything

Thanks!

I think it works at a playable speed/delay (minor but usually less than a second) now when i disabled my anti-virus.

Thank you everyone who gave tips to me. It's much appreciated.

Hm.. Maybe it didn't fix it after all. It felt faster for a time but now it's once again extremely slow and unplayable.

By disabling anti virus you also freed up some memory. Maybe that's where your trouble comes from. Can you check the memory status in task manager see if you're running low on memory.

Does this problem occur after you've played for a while? If so I also feel that the game is slowing down after some hours and I'm not yet sure why.

Also, are you playing on a laptop? If so, does it get warm? Laptops tend to reduce processor speed when getting to hot so that might be another reason.

Some more things that come to mind... registry, fragmentation..

There are plenty of things that can cause delays.

By disabling anti virus you also freed up some memory. Maybe that's where your trouble comes from. Can you check the memory status in task manager see if you're running low on memory.

In the lower right corner of the task manager it says 1137 MB of 3938 MB. I don't know how to translate it, but i guess it's the same for all XPs, no matter language.

The physical memory:

Total: 2095532

Available: 750924

Systemcache: 962174

With the game running.

The CPU are using around 50-60% while i actively play the game so that shouldn't be the problem neither.

Does this problem occur after you've played for a while? If so I also feel that the game is slowing down after some hours and I'm not yet sure why.

No, it's start immediately once i start or load a game. There's no problems in the menu or options though.

Also, are you playing on a laptop? If so, does it get warm? Laptops tend to reduce processor speed when getting to hot so that might be another reason.

No laptop.

Some more things that come to mind... registry, fragmentation..

The problems started right after a re-installation of Windows so i don't think it's registry of fragmentation.

There are plenty of things that can cause delays.

Could it be that the new drivers for my graphic card doesn't suit for the game?

When i re-installed my windows (and the problem started) i upgraded the drivers too, which wasn't done for a couple of months prior to that. It's a Radeon X1950 Series.

Are you using another skin as well?

I changed my skin back to default to report an interface bug (just to make sure it wasn't just the skin) and it was twice as fast. I was never waiting 10 seconds for a screen to load though, more like 3 but its infinitely better for me now

Archived