Applying the latest patch without the internet.

I have a problem. I've recently moved house and my internet won't be back up and running until at least the 6th March. I bought the boxed game and activated through Steam, so both previous patches have been automatically applied through Steam.

Obviously this won't happen at the moment due to my lack of internet, so what option does that leave me? I've seen members of the SI team say not to download the patch if you update through Steam (I could download it at work and then take it home), but if that's the case what am I supposed to do?

Do I simply have to wait until after March 6th to update my game?

I think Chris is presuming you have a laptop Chopper;)

Taking your desktop into work is going to slightly obvious then?

Ahh I see, no I don't have a laptop. And I work on government IT projects at work, we're not even allowed to use usb sticks anymore, never mind plugging my own PC into the network.

You will have to wait I'm afraid, or you could uninstall from steam and then re-install via uniloc.

Believe it or not my phone line also won't be up and running until March 6th either, although I suppose I could use my mobile for this.

Is it possible to uninstall from Steam without the internet?

Ahh I see, no I don't have a laptop. And I work on government IT projects at work, we're not even allowed to use usb sticks anymore, never mind plugging my own PC into the network.

Yeah thats not going to work then really is it :(

As I see it you can either wait it out or take your PC to a mates house and update it there?

Removing and reinstalling activating by uniloc is always an option but a rather complex one

As I see it you can either wait it out or take your PC to a mates house and update it there?

Taking it to someone elses house may be the best option.

See, this is why you should never get your broadband through TalkTalk. Five weeks to change your broadband supply to a new address :mad:

See, this is why you should never get your broadband through TalkTalk. Five weeks to change your broadband supply to a new address :mad:

How about using a wireless usb stick to get a wireless signal and hoping in your neighbour good nature to open up his wireless connection for you to download the patch?

Do you have a mobile phone, if so get ya mobile max internet package connect ya phone to ya computer and use it as a modem, i kow with mine i get 1gb a month download limit. That could be an option. My internet max on my mobile cost £5

Read post #8. Doesn't work where I live.

Thats flippin appauling :eek:

Round to a mates it is then. Hope you have understanding mates?

Can I bring my PC round to update my football game would get me laughed at by most of my mates :o

My dad lives not too far away and has a good broadband connection so I may take it round to his. I'll need a better excuse than updating a football game though. I doubt he'd be very understanding of a 29 year olds need to update his game asap :p

There is a critical windows update you need to install :p

As long he doesnt work in IT you should be fine:thup:

My dad lives not too far away and has a good broadband connection so I may take it round to his. I'll need a better excuse than updating a football game though. I doubt he'd be very understanding of a 29 year olds need to update his game asap :p

You could always try bribery with your dad - provide much beer while you update! :)

Hi, this is a bit off topic but I'm sort of in the same boat.

I haven't got the internet at the moment, comes online next week hopefully. I want to install the game tonight and play and I've already downloaded the patch at work so can update to 9.3.0 straight away.

Am I going to encounter hideous, hideous problems or will I be ok?

Cheers!

Hi, this is a bit off topic but I'm sort of in the same boat.

I haven't got the internet at the moment, comes online next week hopefully. I want to install the game tonight and play and I've already downloaded the patch at work so can update to 9.3.0 straight away.

Am I going to encounter hideous, hideous problems or will I be ok?

Cheers!

Dont install by steam as you cant use the normal patch with steam :thup:

Phone activation?!?!?!

I was hoping I'd just be able to stick the disc in and off we go.

SI have used a DRM system this year which requires you to activate the game before playing it. The easiest way is using the internet, via Steam or Uniloc. But for those without net access, phone activation is the only way to do it.

Phone activation sucks by the way foozle, it's automated and incredibly long. Will take you a good 5 minutes and cost me about £4 as well via mobile phone so try to avoid if you can. I ended up with the longest number of all-time on my screen by the time I was finished :)

Archived