2nd season bargain!

ive just signed giles barnes for £250,000 for bradford city in my second season! a bargain in my book! no way achievable in real life. plus sol cambell on a free.

i was just wondering what total bargains other players have picked up in their 2nd seasons. beat mine.

this site is getting way too strict. its got more laws than the highway code. who gives a shyite buddy? im trying to post a decent, non-offensive post & you try to redirect it? cheers for that kidda. i think ill leave it.

TBF the site isn't 'getting way too strict'. These are the forum rules, and they were the forum rules long before you or I signed up. At which point you would have had to confirm agreement to said rules.

I'm sorry but as far as any reasonable members of this forum are concerned if you sign up without reading the rules it doesn't excuse you when you break them, but it does tell us something about you.

I would respectfully ask that in future everyone using the General Discussion Forum avoid all forms of player naming unless it's regens. I for one do not wish to have a future save ruined by people who were not considerate enough to read the rules to which they have agreed to adhere. The Good Player and Team Guide forum is there for a reason.

TBF the site isn't 'getting way too strict'. These are the forum rules, and they were the forum rules long before you or I signed up. At which point you would have had to confirm agreement to said rules.

I'm sorry but as far as any reasonable members of this forum are concerned if you sign up without reading the rules it doesn't excuse you when you break them, but it does tell us something about you.

I would respectfully ask that in future everyone using the General Discussion Forum avoid all forms of player naming unless it's regens. I for one do not wish to have a future save ruined by people who were not considerate enough to read the rules to which they have agreed to adhere. The Good Player and Team Guide forum is there for a reason.

While I'd generally agree with you in this regard, I'm a mod on another site and I know full well that forum rules are fluid and will evolve as the site and community gets larger (we personally look over the rules on at least an annual basis and will also discuss them if it's found that there's something being abused that is clearly dodgy but not quite covered in the rules). I, for instance, have no recollection of player naming being against the rules here back when I joined; it wasn't allowed in LLM and I'm pretty sure that was it.

Someone who only joined a couple of months ago, like the guy who started this thread, fair enough...but an argument like yours won't necessarily wash with users who are getting their forum pensions.

this site is getting way too strict. its got more laws than the highway code. who gives a shyite buddy? im trying to post a decent, non-offensive post & you try to redirect it? cheers for that kidda. i think ill leave it.

If you want to avoid accruing infraction points and temp bans, I suggest you lose the attitude, stop getting round the swear filter and pack it in. The users are right, there's a perfectly good Good Player forum, for just this sort of chat. I suggest you head on over there.

At the same time, as a long time forum user it is silly when we can no longer name "he who is married to victoria" incase we reveal he's a good player in the game...

Anyone clicking on a "second season bargains" thread who's then upset they are spoiled, in all honesty, deserves it. Sure it's a thread for GPG, but at the same time the whole "spoilers" thing has gone from "don't give people#'s CA" to an almost Llama-like "David Be*no! don't do it!*" sort of thing.

That said, hopping on topic, I had a third season bargain, Walcott for 45 mil.

What? I sold him for 60mil at the end of the second season! :p

I don't think the intention is to have a total ban on player naming as they have in LLM, that just wouldn't work in here. I think the rule is just there to prevent the naming on PA/CA and possibly the naming of unknown players in real life who are good in the game.

Historically, this forum has always had these unwritten guidelines, which were only moderated by the bounds of common sense. Just because it has recently been put into writing I hope things aren't going to change too much.

Like dafuge said, there isn't a total ban on player naming but revaling the future potential is a no-no unless you use spoilers. Basically, use your common sense - if the threads needs to talk about player then it is fine but just don't spoil people games by revealing exactly how good a player can be.

This thread however, does in belong in the good players forum - player naming rule or no player naming rule.

Archived