AFC Wimbledon Stadium Expansion.

I was just wondering if anyone had managed this yet?

I'm currently in the 2014/15 season.. had one expansion early doors.. Stadium is currently just over 5.5k.. However, whenever I ask for a stadium expansion now, I either get told to stop pestering the board, or told the council won't allow it due to being a in a built up area. Now I have heard that teams can move to new stadiums and I just wondered if anyone had managed this with AFC Wimbledon and if so, what league were you in and what was your bank balance like?

Cheers folks.

How did you manage to get that much money with such poor attendances? Prize money? Selling players?

I'm in the Championship now.. and if I didn't sell players at the end of each season i'd go bust. My wages are only 60k per week too.

Sorry, meant to say, i wasn't wimbledon - i was just giving an example of how long you may have to wait even when you can buy your own stadium outright.

If you're not making any money then that is probably why the board haven't bought you a new stadium - they don't seem to realise that if you had a 40,000 seater than you would make money lol.

So I got the expansion I was after.. well sort of. 6,000 extra seats. So here I am.. first season in the Premier League. 12 games to go and i'm sitting in 6th, pushing for that Champions League spot.. and My Stadium is now 12,500 all Seater. Gutted.

I had been using the Valley whilst the upgrade was going on, getting an average attendance of 26,451. (Though I've played all the big games already) Making a profit of about 4-5mill a month, now I'm forced back to Kingsmeadow.. Well at least i've got a healthy balance for next year.

You would have got that expansion in order to meet the minimum criteria of playing in the prem, i don't think you can expect any more expansions in the near future.

It seems that for this years FM, stadium upgrades have become alot harder. I've heard alot of people getting to the Prem with really small stadiums and this didn't seem to be the case in previous years.

• 4 years later...

I'm in my second season as AFC Wimbledon manager. We got promoted from League 2 and are 12th in League 1 after 11 games. :) When the club got promoted, I got a message telling me the stadium would be increased to at 10,500 capacity to meet League 1's regulations. I requested the construction of a new stadium, but it was rejected.

I'm in my second season as AFC Wimbledon manager. We got promoted from League 2 and are 12th in League 1 after 11 games. :) When the club got promoted, I got a message telling me the stadium would be increased to at 10,500 capacity to meet League 1's regulations. I requested the construction of a new stadium, but it was rejected.

I see this is your first post but you should know that this is a thread from 2009.. You're digging in the graves so to speak :)

Archived