Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem mate, that's the thing about this thread: more interaction than on the others!

Unfortunately it wasn't me who suggested Savage it was Tom (dexta200) so he can take the credit I'm not bothered honest! Have you finished making your transfers mate?

Having played Man U for 4 seasons and Lyon for 7 seasons winning everything possible I took up the Oxford "challenge".

1st season: BSP champions, FA Trophy and Santana Shield winners

2nd season: League 2 champions

3rd season: League 1 champions

4th season: 5th in Championship, lost 6-5 on penalties to Nottingham Forrest in playoff final. (lack of a stellar striker was my season's undoing, 3 points away from 2nd guranteed promotion spot icon_frown.gif )

I am restarting another Oxford game just to get Ganea and see if I can get to the Premiership in my 4th season.

Finally got a chance to continue with my game as a have 5 days off work!!!! Just started League 2 with 4 wins and 1 draw. Also beat Leyton Orient in the League Cup 1st round. I've got Victor Moses on loan from Palace and he is looking like a quality signing. Il post some screenies soon.

Hey I'm Oxford aswell in 2011, I won the league in my 1st season and came 2nd in league 2 the next

I'm in league one in the second season after only finishing 8th in my first season in league one, but I'm second and could win the league I hope icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways, this is my team:

oxfordlw3.jpg

What sort of changes and players should I bring in or lose in order to compete in the Championship

Cheers

I got promoted but lost the league on the last day

I have got aaron ramsey joining in july but I need some championship, perhaps prem players willing to join Oxford in first season championship 2011.

Think Frazier Campbell would be good/would join?

Cheers

Hi Guys sorry i dident reply i went to watch the mighty oxford play ebbsfleet as i am a season ticet holder and go to all te games we won 3-1..anyway back to the game i wanted to know yemi odubade is good on the game shall i sell him

Chang, sounded like you were doing well, it's not exactly a failure being penalties away from 4 straight promotions lol! I understand why tho, frustration and all that. Best of luck with your game mate. icon_smile.gif

Conbob, great form in League 2 mate: keep it up! icon14.gif

George, I'll post you a screenie tomorrow mate, not going on tonight, too tired!

Tom, only joking mate, still loving it! Not played today so still in same position. Trust me you'll know about it when I win the league!!!

Matt, I reckon you need a better keeper like Scribe or Joao Carlos if you can get him. another DR and DL would be good as well but can't think of anyone atm. For a new DC try David Yepes or Obama. Try and get those loans again for AMC, but your midfield should be fine. Look into a new striker as well, Ganea has a random PA so I don't know how he is on yours buit if he's half the player he is on mine then he is a must buy. Ched Evans and Ranko Despotovic also good. Frazier Campbell on loan also a great option.

I'm also Matt btw, so nice name! icon_wink.gif

Zombie, nice to have you back mate. Good luck again. icon_smile.gif

Fraser, haven't played today so 3 points ahead of 2nd with 9 games left iirc.

Timmy, is Obubade fast, I can't remember it was so long ago lol! He could be a useful sub if so, but not a first-teamer imo. Nice to have a full-time Oxford fan in here, they're mt third team after Bolton and Norwich after playing this game! icon_biggrin.gif

Haha, okay Chang point taken mate. Try and get Rooney and Ronaldo cheap lol! icon_biggrin.gif

Matt, Zakuani and Gunter are pretty good right backs to come on loan, for DL Bertrand from comes highly recommended. Looking in the reserves of Prem teams is probably the best policy. Good luck. icon_smile.gif

Sparky, good signings mate.

GK: I'm not sure Scribe is good enough for the Prem so try for another keeper like Joao Carlos.

DR: Possebon is good no doubt so it's your call whether he's good enough to be a first teamer. Personally, I think San Roman would be he only cheap DR that is better than Possebon, if you can get a wp tho is another matter

DL: Victor Diaz is an excellent full back, but again work permit may be an issue. DR and DLs are always problematic and there's not many cheap ones that are good enough for the Prem so sorry that I can't suggest many good ones.

DC: One of the strongest points, Nordtveit and Davies will be a great partnership.

MR: Salomonsson is doing quite well for Bolton in the Prem on my game and Millan can play there if needed. I suggest you play Emil for a couple of games and see how he does.

ML: A transfer needed here I think. See where Abdou Razack Troare is nowadays, would be a great signing.

MC: Wright is good enough imo, same goes for Saez.

FC: Carroll is a great target man, and Ebanks should complement him well, you should be okay here.

Sorry for the relative lack of suggestions mate, it's tough wihou actually being "in" your game and seeing how people have developed and where people have transferred etc. Don't forget to look for regens as well, should be some great ones showing up! Good luck mate. icon14.gif

tried one with mk dons, only played 10 games and not bored but just wanted oxford back. its in the blood lol.

loaded all players from

Argetina

Brazil

Finland

Sweden

Norway

France

Italy

Spain

Romania

Serbia

hopefully find some randoms i never had before!

Let's hope so mate. All part of the fun! Had a right scare away at Sheff Wed, bottom of the league with only 1 win all season. Neuer dropped a clanger to let them score, and it took us until the 84th minute to equalise with a Sakho header. It was still advantage United in the title race tho, until someone popped up with a crucial goal in the 4th minute of stoppage time: guess who it was?!

lol. i dont know. was just astab in the dark!

ooh made some nice signings. not sure what formation to play though. wont be able to do screenshots and takes to long because i dont have my tool. so will have to post in words my transfers in a bit icon_smile.gif

Archived