Official Oxford United Thread: 8.0.2

dexta200

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes mate I managed to get 2 defenders Miki Roque on loan from Liverpool and Chalwe just beat Brentford away 2-0 in the League Cup and Southend at home 2-0.

Don't know what tactic to use i'm using your 4-4-2 tactic still.

Hey, just an update coz I haven't been able to play since friday night.

Am half way through the BSP and thus is how the table looks.

leaguesk8.th.jpg

This is how my team looks

tacticlr2.th.jpg

Also, i've got to the FA Cup 3rd round and i've got Crystal Palace away.

Well ive decided im stopping playing my Oxford save, just didnt feel I wanted to continue for a few reasons, mainly being for 3 seasons running i couldnt get a feeder or a parent club(dont know if I was just seriously unlucky) but not having a parent club meant i couldnt get in any loans, they all reject me all the time! And i never loaded many leagues which I think is a big bad point. So not sure if I want to start a new one and try get a parent club and load more leagues or start as someone else, what do you guys think??

I think you should carry on. I didn't get a parent club and I've managed to gain 3 promtions to the Championship now. I find it more annoying I can't get work permits for players. Another problem now is tactics everyone I try it just doesn't work.

But I'm still loving my game.

So carry on with the mighty Oxford!

just a quick update. Walking the BSP, winning 22 drawing 9 and losing none of my games so far. Got knocked out of the FA Cup by Crystal Palace 3-2 away from home and that has been my only defeat of the season. Really enjoying this game, it has restored my enjoyment in the game.

Celtic, yeah defo if I don't start one I'm sure Briz or Tom will. icon14.gif

weebob, you're three seasons in so if you're happy with your squad then I would carry on. It's probably just bad luck with the parent club thing. However if you start again then def load more leagues: some quality players to be had!

Sparky, ditto Briz. And with wps I think it's just luck like I said before, and you don't seem to have had any. icon_frown.gif

Conbob, very nice mate. How many points atm: I'm sweating on my record! See if you can go unbeaten as well, something I didn't manage unfortnately.

Briz, don't know for sure but it's usually around the same time every year iirc.

I've been Manchester United for about 6 seasons and its boring as I win everything. I'm looking to start an Oxford United game. What leagues should I load and who are the main people to look out for? What positions too? Any little tip would be greatful.

moono welcome mate. 1. load all players from romania serbia argentina france colombia and brazil. 2. get yourself a parent club. 3. soley estrada yepes and salomonsson are all good signings. 4. the finances go up really quickly and you can attract a decent standard of player.

good luck and keep us updated icon14.gif

just finished my 1st season in charge and I did the treble. Won the BSP, the Setanta Shield and the FA Trophy.

I also went undefeated in the BSP

leagueor0.th.jpg

But, I couldn't beat your points haul ypresfr do you can stop sweatin now!!!

Bring on League 2!!

Wow! Sakho is fantastic signing mate, can't believe you've got him so early. Sankhare can turn out great as well!

About me; well, I'm in early December and doing pretty brilliantly, having drawn 3 games all season and won the rest. Michael Coulson has been magnificent, scoring pretty much a goal a game on average. Andrew Nicholas, a left back I signed from Swindon for about 10k has also been great, scoring a lot of goals from corners.

I'm still in both the FA Trophy and the Setanta Shield, and in the FA Cup I've knocked out, Barton Rovers 3-1, Aldershot 3-0 and in the second round beat my rivals Wycombe 2-1, putting me in the third round draw. I was praying for a money spinning glamorous tie...

And I got Northampton away. Which would be an AWFUL place to go out as I wouldn't even win. However, they're struggling, so if I can keep morale sky high and there's is nice and low at the time... then a cup run MAY well just be on the cards! We'll see though, 3rd round is as far as I've ever gotten with a Non-League team as memory serves.

briz_lad I'll let you know when I finish work I'm sitting just outside the play offs in the championship with about 15 games played. I'll post my results up soon.

How you getting on?

Moono, welcome mate. Everything I was going to say has already been mentioned but don't forget to get a parent club! Good luck mate. icon_smile.gif

Conbob, phew, my record remains intact! You stayed unbeaten tho, something I couldn't do. icon14.gif

Zombie, that's amazing mate! icon_eek.gif They cost me £24 million combined and that was when I was in the Champions League! Amazing that you got them so early. Def worth the wages! icon_biggrin.gif

Mike, brilliant so far mate, you've got a fair crack at my record of 123 points 1st season as well! icon14.gif

Sparky, good luck with the run-in mate.

Archived