The First Lady Of Football

gavrenwick

I love this! I just read the whole thread. I love the women manager, it's great to see more women playing. Sucks about the last game but I like that Tina is calling in an extra training session, they need it. Isn't Fleetwood great? I played with Forest Green in 08 and he did great, I let him go a few seasons later though when a top side came calling a few leagues up. Also if your in need of a Striker anytime soon Waide Fairhurst has been amazing for me.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks alot footballfan08, im glad your enjoying the story. Funnily, Fairhurst was recommended to Tina along with Fleetwood and Falco. He may end up here eventually.

Tina spotted Mairi heading into her physio room and called at her.

"Hey Mairi, I was wondering was the prognosis on Antonio, after he came off yesterday."

"He'll be fit in time for the next match, dont worry. It was just a cramp."

"Thats good news then. Thanks alot. By the way, can I talk to you..."

"Sure. Whats it about?"

"Bekim."

"You better come in my office."

Tina nodded and followed Mairi into her little office. There were reports and stuff everywhere, but it seemed to work for her, as with one dig into the pile, she fished out La Cava's report and handed it to her.

"Whats he done now?"

"Massone put him in control whilst he was away. And he tried to proposition me when I needed a cheque signing."

"That man is intolerable. I certainly hope you didnt give in."

"As if. The man is vile. But ive done something.. And I need to tell someone."

"What is it?"

"You know when I said I needed him to sign a cheque, I actually got him to sign two.."

"What was the other for?"

Tina went silent and looked to the floor.

Bekim was sat in his office when his secretary opened the door.

"Mr Cana. There is a police officer here to see you."

Bekim straightened in his seat.

"Oh, erm... send him in then."

The officer came in

"Mr Cana?"

"Yes, how can I help you?"

"We have reports that you have been laundering goods. We need to check your premises."

"What, thats absurd!

"Please, sir."

"Fine."

"What is it?"

"You know when I said I needed him to sign a cheque, I actually got him to sign two.."

"What was the other for?"

Tina went silent and looked to the floor.

I think you meant to have the bolded word in there?

Otherwise, it's another good post :thup:

Thanks you two! Hope it was worth the wait!

"You did what!?" said Mairi.

"I know.. I just couldnt help it."

"Your bad, very bad. But a damn right genius, too!"

They both started to laugh.

"I've searched your office, now its time to search you."

Bekim's face drained of colour

"What?"

The policeman was upon him quickly, and he had handcuffed Bekim's hand to the chair.

"Ive heard you've been a very bad boy Mr Bekim."

The policeman started dancing on and around Bekim. He was speechless as to what was going on. But after the next move, it was clear.

With a swift move of his hands, and a quick pull, the policeman was in his thongs, and thrusting his package into Bekim.

"Ahhhh noo!"

"Be quiet please, Mr Bekim. Anything you do say will be taken in evidence against you."

Before long, the policeman was naked. Bekim looked as green as a pea. After 20minutes, the policeman was finished, and he dressed up and left.

Under instructions, he left Bekim handcuffed to the chair.

"Hey! Uncuff me! Now you b*stard!"

"Goodbye."

He left, and then Tina walked into the office.

"Try explaining that to Massone when he enquires what you spent four grand on."

"You bitch! Your going to pay for this."

"No, it seems Massone will pay for it. And then you will be made to pay."

"Argh. Get me out of this chair now."

"Goodnight, Bekim."

Tina left, and turned the light out in his office.

Thanks you two, keep on reading! Theres plenty more to come yet.

After hearing that the 4-4 draw with Dundee had set the new record for goals scored in a game, Tina wasnt sure whether it was a good or bad thing. All in all, at least it wasnt a defeat. She was also dismayed to learn that ex-trialist Christian Giacomini had set up two goals on his debut for Vigor Lamezia, also claiming the man of the match. She had more pressing matters though, as Aberdeen were the next visitors to Almondvale in the Scottish League Cup 2nd Round. It would be a tough game, no doubt, especially with their higher league status. Time to prepare...

Tuesday 26th August - Livingston vs. Aberdeen

Almondvale Stadium

Scottish League Cup 2nd Round

GK; Pierre-Antoine Martini

DR; Gary Miller

DL; Jason Talbot

DC; Mark Snijders

DC; Dave Mackay

MR; Jean Jose-Cuenca

ML; Antonio La Cava

MC; Alejandro Caiaffa

MC; Liam Fox

ST; Stuart Fleetwood

ST; Calum Elliot

Subs; Roddy McKenzie, Chris Innes, Tony McParland, Raffaele De Vita, Jordan Murch.

First HALF;

Aberdeen started the strong as expected, and went close with Severin heading towards goal, Martini fisting it away. Some erratic defending from Mackay nearly allowed Severin with another chance, but Talbot filled in and cleared up the mess. Livi's first chance came twenty minutes in, Fleetwood playing Elliot through, but Elliot fired his shot straight at the keeper. More defensive errors from Mackay allowed Mackie in on goal, but Martini easily smothered it. Eventually, the defence couldnt cope, and Mackie broke through, playing a quick ball to Duff, who fired low past Martini to put his side in front. Mackay plays a lovely long ball to Elliot, and he breaks away from the defence, but he completely screws his shot wide to the anger of the his team mates. He seems to respond to that, as a corner from Cuenca finds Elliot in the centre, and he flicks a header into the goal. The half time whistle blows straight after.

"Alright team, we've come back into the game well, but we will need to be cautious. Gary, your coming off because you have been abysmal. You and I both know that. Chris, your on, move to the back and Dave will fill in at right back. Now lets go out, and try to cause an upset. We only need one goal. Lets do it, yeah?"

Second HALF;

Aberdeen start the better once more, threatening through Duff and Mackie before Livi can clear the ball. A moment of jaw-dropping magnificence follows, as Duff hits a volley from 35yards and it thunders back off the crossbar. Caiaffa presents Fleetwood with the best chance he'll ever have, but his shot clatters of the goalies knee and rebounds away from him. La Cava is taken off late on after a clash with Mackie, and is replaced with McParland, and a tired looking Caiaffa comes off to be replaced with Murch. Theres utmost euphoria in the stadium as the second Livi goal fumbles its way home. Cuenca once more serves a stunning delivery that finds Elliot, but he miscues it, and it finds Fox, who makes no mistake, and pokes it into the net to put Livi in front. A wonderful move from McParland finds Elliot, but he once more fails to net, this time clattering the crossbar. The agonising wait for the clock to tick down reaches its climax as Aberdeen can muster nothing in reply to the winner. An emphatic win, and the first scalp for Tina. FULL TIME.

"Now that, was sensational! What an amazing half! Well done to you all, im really proud of you. The big boys will now be scared of us, and wont want to come here. Massone will be over the moon, and we can hopefully cruise on as far as possible. Well done again. Go home and drink some beer, on me, yeah?"

Livingston 2 (Elliot 45, Fox 80)

Aberdeen 1 (Duff 38)

Attendance; 6229

MOTM; Jean-Jose Cuenca (7.5)

Thanks you two!

Tina was ecstatic after the win against Aberdeen. It would be a great thing for Massone to come back to, and she was so proud of the team. She had also learned that SkySports wanted to do an interview with her. She knew it was because she was the first female manager, but she was proud of this, and she made her way to Almondvale where the Sky people would meet her. She was doing a training session later, and a team from SkySports' program SoccerAM would be here, as her team had been chosen to play 'The Crossbar Challenge'.

"Miss Powell?"

"Yes, thats me. You must be Richard Jackson?"

"Pleased to meet you."

He offered his hand, and Tina shook it.

"We'll just let Chris set up his camera, and then we'll start."

Tina nodded and smiled. The cameraman finished, and the interview began.

"Were here today with Tina Powell, the manager of Scottish First Division side Livingston FC. Tina, how is life at Almondvale?"

"Its really good thanks. Im really enjoying my time here, and have completely fallen in love with the club and town. The players are amazing, and yeah, its really good."

"How are you adapting to football management? Its your first job, so it must be a shock to the system?"

"It was, yeah. I think ive adapted well though. Its not like any other job, but its one I wouldnt want to miss out on now."

"Your right about how youve adapted. Your yet to lose a game and recently caused a shock when you eliminated Aberdeen from the Scottish League Cup with a two-one win."

"Yeah, it was a great game, and one that im so very proud of. The team were great, and I hope it propels us on."

"Do you think your chances are good for a promotion?"

"I dont really want to say yes or no. I dont want my team to feel under pressure. If they want it, theyll do it. Thats all I can say."

"So who do you think is going to win the title?"

"Livingston, of course."

They both laughed.

"Your now known as the First Lady of Football, is that a title your proud of?"

"One hundred percent yes. I love it. The lads call it me aswell, and its always light hearted."

"Do you feel pressure, being the only woman manager in the mans game?"

"None at all. Two of my players have longer hair than I do."

They both laughed again.

"Thanks alot, Tina, for letting us come interview you. We wish you all the best."

"My pleasure."

About an hour later, the same camerman arrived back after lunch to film the SoccerAM stuff. With the amount of times Livi had hit the bar this season so far, there was high expectations.

"Hi, Im Tina Powell, the manager of Livingston FC, and this is our attempt at the crossbar challenge."

Tina threw a ball at the players who were laughing behind her.

"Stuart Fleetwood, striker."

Fleetwood never looked comfortable stepping up, and his effort sailed epically wide.

"Jason Talbot, left back."

Tina found watching left footers mesmerizing, as herself being right footed, it looked so odd. Talbot didnt come much closer, his effort bouncing off the line at the 6yard box and then rolling into the goal.

"Jordan Murch, central midfielder."

Murch hit his effort really hard, but it went too high and went over the bar.

"Antonio La Cava, left winger."

Complete delight for the new Italian winger as he puts a great lob towards the goal, and it cracks off the crossbar. The players go wild and completely mob him.

"Alejandro Caiaffa, central midfielder."

Caiaffa didnt come close, as he skewed his shot wide. The players then chanted for Tina to have a go, so she obliged.

"Tina Powell, attendant for this rabble."

She knew she wouldnt hit it, but her effort was ok, it bounced outside the area and rolled to a stop near the line. Dave Mackay then ran up towards the ball, picked it up, and threw it against the bar. The players went wild and mobbed Tina, picking her up and parading her. She and La Cava both got t-shirts for their efforts, and the day ended on a high.

Thanks alot guys, thought id sneak it in there.. ;)

Tina, Valter and Bekim were sat in Bekim's office.

"Why didnt you tell me that Sky were coming?"

Bekim was fuming. Though that was probably because he missed out on a TV appearance.

"We didnt feel the need to tell you, Bekim." said Tina.

"Well you should have."

"Why are you having a go? Its given the club some great publicity. I fail to see the negatives." said Valter.

"Just get out of my office."

Tina and Valter got up and left, not wanting to stay there any longer than needed.

Bekim sat with his head in his hands before his phone rang.

"Its Ardan."

"Its so good to hear from you, where are you?"

"I have no idea. Some place called.. 'Port Seton'."

"Ill pick you up. See you soon."

Bekim picked up his keys and left the stadium.

Tina returned to her office, and switched on the TV. It was the draw for the Third Round of the Scottish League Cup.

Livingston were number 4, but in the unseeded pot, which meant that there was a big chance of pulling one of the Glasgow clubs out.

Seeded;

Celtic, Falkirk, Hibernian, Motherwell, Dundee United, Hearts, Inverness CT, Rangers

Unseeded;

Dundee, Hamilton, Peterhead, Ross County, Dunfermline, Livingston, Queen of the South, St Mirren

Dundee United vs. Ross County

Hibernian vs. Peterhead

Falkirk vs. Hamilton

Dundee vs. Inverness CT

St Mirren vs. Celtic

Hearts vs. Queen of the South

Dunfermline vs. Rangers

Motherwell vs. Livingston

"Bekim, why did you drag me here?"

"I need your help."

"Last time we spoke, you said something about intimidating someone."

The drive from Port Seton hadnt take long, traffic was relatively light. They had talked about the olden days before Ardan pushed Bekim for the real reason.

"Tina Powell. I should have gotten that managers job. And if I hadnt, it should NEVER have gone to a woman."

"Bekim, just because things dont go your way, it does not mean you can go around doing whatever you like."

"Yes, it does Ardan. She needs to learn. Do you know what she did? She ordered a male stripper to the office, and you can imagine the rest. I dont even know how im going to explain away the four grand I gave her without realising."

"Bekim, this all seems like it was your fault."

"Ardan, whos side are you on?"

"Honestly? Hers. Drop of me off here, Ill find my own way back. It was a wasted journey. Your not the same person I knew, Bekim. Youve changed for the worse."

Bekim didnt flinch in response, but his hand reached into the side of the car door where a pistol was stashed. Ardan noticed the movement, and a struggle ensued.

Ardan lashed out with his right fist and met Bekim in the temple. Bekim's head smashed against the side window and the car spun out of control. It careened into a grass hill and flipped out of control, smashing down the other side of the hill and onto a pebble beach. The car rolled three times before stopping near the waterline. For a few minutes, nothing moved, and then the passenger door flew open. Ardan clambered out, dabbing his ripped shirt onto a wound over his eye. Bar a few cuts and bruises, he was relatively unscathed. He looked and around, and spotting no-one, gathered his things and walked away. It would be another seven minutes before Bekim regained consciousness, and by that time, the police and ambulance crews were already there. Bekim quickly scanned around for the gun, but it was gone...

Tina arrived at Almondvale on the Saturday ready for the game against Dunfermline. Her side are on terrific form at the moment, and it'll be her job to ensure it continues.

Friday 29th August - Livingston vs. Dunfermline

Almondvale Stadium

Scottish First Division

DR; Gary Miller

DL; Jason Talbot

DC; Chris Innes

DC; Dave Mackay

MR; Jean-Jose Cuenca

ML; Tony McParland

MC; Alejandro Caiaffa

MC; Liam Fox

ST; Stuart Fleetwood

ST; Calum Elliot

Subs; Roddy McKenzie, Mark Snijders, Mark Torrance, Raffaele De Vita, Jordan Murch.

First HALF;

Dunfermline have the first chance of the game, Kirk going close with a fierce left footed drive, forcing Martini to wake up. Kirk tries to trouble Martini once more, but his 40yard freekick was ambitious from the start, and didnt test him. Dunfermline's pressure does eventually force Livi into a mistake, Mackay heading a cross away from Martini's grasp, allowing Newton to nip in and poke the ball into an open net. Livi's best chance of the half fell to Elliot, but he couldnt convert it, firing wide from 9yards.

"Not good enough. Get back out there and play like a team sat third, because right now, your playing like you bottom." Tina said nothing more, and left the dressing room, hopefully to get a response from them.

Second HALF;

The response in the second half was extremely encouraging, and Livi equalised within a minute of coming back on. Fleetwood raced from the defence, finding a gap and exploiting it. Instead of shooting, he squared it for Caiaffa, who made no mistake and whacked the ball full pelt into the net. Livi didnt look after their lead though, and Dunfermline made them pay. Bell ran down the wing, and played the ball to Burke who was unmarked, and he bent his effort round Martini. Some excellent play from Caiaffa and Fox sees McParland with acres of space on the edge of the box, but he wastes his effort to the annoyance of fans and team mates.Tina plans to make the following subs; De Vita, Murch and Torrance come on for McParland, Fox and Elliot, but before that, Livi steal an equaliser. Elliot bombs down the wing to pick up the ball, and finds himself forced wide. He crosses well and Fox heads the ball in to level things out. The subs then take effect. Some excellent play from Fleetwood sees him hit the bar from 35yards, but Murch cant connect to the rebound. Dunfermline reassert their dominance though, Burke crossing for Bell, whos volley hit the post before going in. Livi applied the pressure late on, but just couldnt get an equaliser, and Tina suffers her first defeat of the season. FULL TIME.

"Its not good enough at the back, again. I dont know what to do with you, because were leaking goals like its going out of fashion. It needs sorting. We could have won today. You all know that. Come in tomorrow please, youve all lost your day off."

Livingston 2 (Caiaffa 47, Fox 68)

Dunfermline 3 (Newton 23, Burke 54, Bell 77)

Attendance; 4053

MOTM; Steven Bell (7.6)

"What went wrong, Valter?"

"Im not sure. Were leaking goals like its fashionable."

"'Like its going out of fashion', Valter."

Tina smiled.

"Well, whichever it may be, it needs addressing."

"Perhaps we could push the defensive line back. Dunfermline did exploit us for pace in the last match."

"Its an option, but wouldnt that then gift them a gap between central midfield and central defence?"

"Then perhaps we should look into deploying a defensive midfielder?"

"Might be worth a try."

Valter sagged back into his chair and dropped his notes onto the table.

"You look whacked out, Valter. May aswell head home. We wont achieve much with sleepy brains."

Valter nodded and gathered his belongings.

"Goodnight, Tina."

"Night."

Tina gathered her stuff up, putting them into her bag. She was about to head out when she heard a noise from the end of the hall. Her head told her to ignore it, but her heart said go find out. Her heart won out, and she wandered down to where it had come from. She saw a shadow on the wall, one that vaguely looked like a persons outline. All of a sudden, it moved and heart nearly stopped. A man stepped out from the darkness. He looked a mess. His eye was black, and he had a cut above his eyebrow. His clothes were torn in several place, and he looked rough.

"Ms Powell?"

"Yes... who are you?"

"We should talk, I think."

Thanks guys, I hope its still fun to read for you all.

"Who are you?"

"Im Ardan Beshart."

Tina pulled a face as if to ask him to explain some more.

"Im a friend... well, I used to be a friend of Bekim Cana."

Tina's face drained of colour.

"I know of him. Why are you here?"

"Me and Bekim, had a chat earlier. For some reason, he called me across to deal with you."

"Deal with me? What do you mean, deal?"

"The conversation never got that far. He attacked me and then crashed the car. Hence, my injuries."

"So thats how it happened, he hasnt said how to the police..."

"He tried to kill me, Miss Powell. He knew I knew what he had planned."

Tina looked at the injury on Ardan's face.

"Ive got plasters, if they'd be any help."

She motioned to her office and Ardan nodded. After applying the plaster, she sat down and he sat on the other side.

"Whats the deal with Bekim? Why does he hate me so much?"

"Bekim tried to wangle his way into the job you have now. It seems Massone didnt view him as good enough, and Bekim went crazy. He always thought of himself as Massone's golden boy."

"So he hates me because of that?"

"That and the fact that your a woman. To Bekim, women are only good for sex and household duties. The fact you got the job completely flipped him."

"It isnt fair.. but it does make sense. I shouldnt have to suffer because of his psychotic tendencies though."

"I know, which is why ive come here now. I should have left, god knows I should have. But Bekim needs to be dealt with. And I feared for your safety."

Tina didnt know how to feel. Things made sense now.

"Where is he now?" asked Ardan.

"I dont know. He was taken to hospital, and should be released in a few days."

"Alright, well I will be staying in Livingston for awhile. Off of Bekim's radar though. Hes already tried to pull a gun on me once, I dont doubt he'd try again."

"Thank you, Ardan, for telling me these things."

"Take care, Miss Powell. Ill be seeing you soon, im certain."

Ardan left the room and walked back out the way he came. Tina picked up her stuff once more, and this time she did leave Almondvale. She was home for less than a minute before falling asleep on the sofa.

Tina arrived back at Almondvale for a brief visit to sort out a couple of things. There wasnt a training session for three days so she had decided to get these things out of the way so she could have the next few days off. The main thing to sort out was a deal for experienced 35 year old defender-come-midfielder Salvatore Fresi. Currently plying his trade with Battipagliese in Italy, he's had playing experience with Inter, Juventus and Napoli. He was exactly what Tina was looking for after deciding a defensive midfielder may be a good acquisition. He was available for free, and after tying up a contract offer, he agreed to join the club, and would arrive in two days, just in time for training. He would also be the perfect role model for Jordan Murch, and Tina was extremely happy he was coming across.

Tina enjoyed her few days off and returned to find it was transfer deadline day. After an interesting training session, and the introduction of Salvatore Fresi to the rest of the team. She looked at he squad, and decided maybe three more signings could be made to help the squad. Another defender perhaps, a winger for the right and for the left. She was waiting upon a transfer bid and a loan bid, and she anxiously waited by her phone..

1pm - Tina hears back from West Brom manager Tony Mowbray regarding a loan bid for Polish striker Bartosz Slusarski, and is happy to learn the bid is accepted.

2pm - After Mowbray talks with Bartosz, he agrees to join on loan for the season, with Livingston paying 10% of his £5,000 wages.

7pm - Graham Heathcote, manager of Aldershot finally gets back to Tina to tell her that he cannot allow Lewis Chalmers to leave in this window. Its a blow, but not damaging.

11pm - Livi's loan bid for Carrarese winger Luigi Rinaldi was accepted, but the player wasnt keen on a move to Scotland and the deal fell through.

Transfer Window SHUT!

Time to get on with the season now... A home visit from Morton in the League Challenge Cup next.

6th September - Livingston vs. Greenock Morton

Almondvale Stadium

Scottish League Challenge Cup 3rd Round

DR; Gary Miller

DL; Jason Talbot

DC; Mark Snijders

DC; Dave Mackay

MR; Jean-Jose Cuenca

ML; Tony McParland

DMC; Salvatore Fresi

MC; Liam Fox

ST; Stuart Fleetwood

ST; Calum Elliot

Subs; Roddy McKenzie, Chris Innes, Mark Torrance, Bartosz Slusarski, Alejandro Caiaffa.

First HALF;

Its not happy start for Livi as Snidjers pulls up injured within three minutes. To the annoyance of Livi fans, Morton play on, and try to score but Martini saves a shot and kicks it out. After a brief spell with the physio, he returns to action. Morton come close with Shimmin, but he heads it over. Livi dont really get into the game though, and are made to pay when Shimmin has a shot saved, and McAnespie drills it in from a tight angle to put Morton ahead. Talbot puts in a great cross to Cuenca, but he cant rise higher than the keeper and the chance goes begging. Not much more happens in the half, and there is a great deal of improvements to be made.

"Not good enough. Again. Get back out there and show some chuffing grit. Your letting them walk over you, and we warned you about it after the last occasion. Prove me wrong guys, dont head down that path again. Bartosz, get ready, your coming on for Calum."

Second HALF;

A terrific start to the half for Livi as they pile a long ball foreward, finding the head of Slusarski, who then heads it into the path of Fleetwood who smashes it in to level the game and notch his fifth of the season. Three minutes later and the same thing happens but the other way round, but Slusarski drags his final shot wide of the far post. A complete mess up by Martini gifts Morton the lead though. A long ball from the keeper finds Weatherson, and Martini runs out and the bounce beats him and Weatherson squeezes it home to put them back infront. Livi have a great chance through Cuenca, but its saved well and turned over the bar. Caiaffa and Innes come on for Snidjers and Fox. Four minutes of injury time are announced and Livi begin to pile forward. No chances are made despite the pressure though and Livi crash out of the cup to the annoyance of Tina. FULL TIME.

"Its not good enough at the back, again. Im warning you now, some of you wont be playing next week. You better show some improvements. Now get out of here."

Livingston 1 (Fleetwood 49)

Greenock Morton 2 (McAnespie 25, Weatherson 54)

Attendance; 1810

MOTM; Kieran McAnespie (7.8)

You got that right, Spav. Really disappointing in defence at the moment so some changes to be made in an attempt to stop the leaks.

After the poor defeat against Morton, Tina was looking for culprits. According to the BBC Player Rater, Gary Miller and Liam Fox were the fans' lowest rated players. Whilst it isnt exactly a reliable thing to look at, it certainly wasnt far from the truth. The side had just begun jogging round the pitch when Tina arrived. After a brief chat with Valter, Tina walked onto the pitch, and waited til all the players had finished the run.

"Listen up. The last few games havent been great. In fact, theyve been on the whole very disappointing. We have conceded the most goals in the league so far, and this needs to be addressed, and fast. Im not one for singling players out, but Gary, you were poor, as were you Liam. You both wont start the next game, and you better show me today why I should even contemplate putting you back into the side at all."

She noted the disappointment on their faces, but was aware that it was more annoyance at themselves for losing their first team spot to such a poor performance.

"In addition to that, Gary, I want you to go to a local 5-a-side tournament along with Calum, Liam, Rocco and Antonio. Ant is just coming back from injury, and should play for the reserves midweek, but I want him to be tested properly. Its a proper event, set up by SFA. Mairi will join you, along with Ross Smith, the first team coach, just to watch over you. Theyll report back to me, hopefully regarding some good news."

Valter then stepped in to talk about todays training.

"Alright, lets get this session started. Roddy, your in goal, I want the midfield to set up the strikers with passes, while the defenders try and step in. The rest of you go with Tina."

Four players walked across to join Tina. De Vita, Sinclair, Torrance and Snijders went to her.

"I wanted you four to come across just so I can say well done. According to Valter, you four have been the best trainers this past month, and im proud of you. You two," she pointed to Torrance and Sinclair, "are both young, and you both deserve chances in the first team. Youll get your chances soon, all four of you."

They all smiled, and then ran back across to the training.

Tina walked back aswell and joined the training once more.

Bekim sat in his office. He was very silent. He hadnt spoken to anyone. And very few people knew he was back. He pulled out some paper from his desk and started scribbling. Ardan, Tina, Angelo, Mother, Father, Ardan, Tina, Angelo, Mother, Father.... His world wasnt crumbling, it had crumbled.

Thanks minisav, glad its still up to scratch for ya.

Friday 12th September

Tina had woken up in a foul mood on this wet. dull morning. She had driven to work and she was certain she had shouted about six times at stupid drivers on the road with her. As she parked up, she noticed a different looking car in Bekim's spot. Must be a new one, she thought. Seeing the car reminded her of the conversation she had with Ardan. She was in no mood today, and she walked in with her head held high. She made her way to her office, but as soon as she entered, Bekim followed her in and closed the door behind himself. Before she had time to react, he put his hand to her throat and pushed her against the wall. For a slightly smaller than average man, he was strong.

"You messed everything up, Tina, everything."

Tina tried to speak back, but the grip on her throat was too much.

"This should have been my job, I did everything I could."

Tina was starting to lose sense of thought as she began to choke.

"You come here, mainly because you helped your father, and somehow land the effing job. And where does Bekim end up? Back where he started."

The mere mention of her father compelled her to struggle.

"Dick was a failure, Tina. He wa..."

Before Bekim could finish, Tina summoned everything she had and kicked Bekim between his legs, and much harder than the last time. He recoiled backwards and bent over the desk, gasping for breath. Tina wasnt finished. She pulled Bekim by his throat and pushed him back exactly where he had her against the wall, and held him there.

"NEVER talk ill of my father, Bekim. He did more in his lifetime than you ever could or will. Now get the hell out of my office, out of this club, and out of this f*cking country, before I make you."

Tina let go of Bekim and he fell sideways into the door.

"And how exactly would you make me, Tina?"

Bekim snarled but was still coughing. Tina played her ace of the pack.

"Because i've met Ardan Beshart."

She took great delight in watching Bekim's snarl drop into a look of amazement. He coughed once more, and then left her office.

Tina sat down. Football management wasnt supposed to be like this. And whilst she could hold her own as much as any other man, she needed some security in her life. She needed a man of her own. She didnt really have anyone to talk to, not intimately. After about five minutes slumped in her chair, Mairi came in.

"Hey Tina, I have got some bad news im afraid."

"Lets hear it."

"James McPake's injury is worse than we first realised. Hes going to be out for another three months."

"Sh*t. Thanks anyway, Mairi. I'll be down for training in a minute. Is it still raining?"

"This is Scotland dear. Its always raining."

She smiled and left Tina's office.

As Tina walked along the corridor, she walked past Bekim's office and was shocked to see that all of his things had gone. She ran to a window that overlooked the carpark and realised that his car was also gone. Bekim had gone. She allowed herself a smile and went down to training.

Thanks alot minisav and Almondo. Welcome to the story, arsenallegend.

Tina was looking through her papers as the team bus drew near Glasgow. They were due to play Partick Thistle in three hours. She was hoping they could get back on track, but wasnt sure. A trialist is included in the squad for todays game, but wont be named unless he makes an appearance.

Saturday 13th September - Partick Thistle vs. Livingston

Firhill

Scottish First Division

DR; Dave Mackay

DL; Jason Talbot

DC; Chris Innes

DC; Mark Snijders

MR; Jean-Jose Cuenca

ML; Antonio La Cava

DMC; Salvatore Fresi

MC; Alejandro Caiaffa

ST; Stuart Fleetwood

ST; Bartosz Slusarski

Subs; Unnamed Trialist, David Sinclair, Tony McParland, Calum Elliot, Liam Fox.

First HALF;

It starts in favour of Livi, Fleetwood's crossing finding Mackay, but his header went agonisingly wide. Some great attacking play from Partick created the opener though, Harkins crossing for Roberts who easily headed the ball home past Martini with a glancing flick on. A terrific breakaway by Fleetwood sees his cross find an unmarked Slusarski who easily taps it home, but he is livid when its ruled out for offside. Harkins tries to test Martini with a low skimming shot, but its easily held. Some great play on the edge of the area from Caiaffa and Cuenca sees Caiaffa clean through on goal, but he skies his final shot to the annoyance of his teammates. Half time arrives and Tina is far from happy once more.

"I dont know what I have to do with you lot. Your just getting it. We arent supposed to concede any goals, and yet again, weve conceded quickly. A poor goal aswell. Antonio, your coming off because youve been terrible. Tony, get stripped and ready. Make this second half count, Massone is back soon and we need to give him something positive after two straight defeats. Salvatore, drop back into the centre back positions and help these two seeing as they cant do it on theyre own."

Second HALF;

Some terrific play straight from the break sees Livi pull level, Cuenca crossing for Slusarski, who then heads it on for Fleetwood. He took one touch and placed it in the bottom corner. Partick then gift Livi another chance, as Kinniburgh pulls down Fleetwood in the area. Captain Mackay steps up, and easily places it into the bottom corner. Slusarski picks up an injury though, and is replaced with Elliot. Livi dont hold on to their lead though, and are made to pay when Donnelly plays the ball square to Hughes, who threads it past Martini. Kinniburgh hauls down Talbot on the wing, and the resulting freekick finds Fleetwood. He turns two defenders superbly, and smashes the ball into the top corner to put Livi in front. Gray has a terrific chance to draw the sides level, but Martini superbly palms it away. Sinclair comes on for Caiaffa and moves to defensive midfield as Tina looks to hold on to the win. Five minutes of injury time are added to the annoyance of Tina, but Livi go mighty close when Innes hits the post with a header. Mackay stupidly gives away a freekick on the edge of the area, and Martini has to tip over the resulting shot. The clock drags on to seven minutes injury time, but its a good thing when Sinclair plays a through ball to Elliot, who races away and smashes the ball from 25yards past the keeper. Livi go home with three points and are seemingly having no trouble finding the net, but cant stop the leaks. FULL TIME.

"Well done team. We got a vital win, and reduced the amount of goals we leaked. Improvements are still to be made, but we are looking a bit better. Well done Stuart, your on great form, keep it up."

Partick Thistle 2 (Roberts 25, Hughes 72)

Livingston 4 (Fleetwood 51, 79, Mackay pen62, Elliot 90+7)

Attendance; 3171

MOTM; Stuart Fleetwood (8.4)

Mackay Delight At Livi Turnaround

Livingston beat Partick Thistle 4-2 yesterday in a game that Partick led. Goals in the second half from Fleetwood (2), Mackay and Elliot sealed the win for Livi after a run of straight defeats. After the game, Livi captain Dave Mackay spoke to Mark Shields and told him that it was all thanks to manager Tina Powell that Livi turned the game around.

"It was definitely our fault, we were poor in the first half, and Tina's words definitely inspired us to overturn the deficit and emerge victorious by the full time whistle. Shes a genius."

Livi now sit second in the table after yesterdays win, with three points separating them from Morton. Despite being the second, they have the second leakiest defence in the league conceding 13, with only Partick poorer (14).

Tina was terrifically happy after the result against Partick. They still conceded twice though, she really wanted to get it down to just one. She was talking to James McPake in her office.

"James, the offer from Yeovil has been withdrawn since you picked up an injury."

James sighed as he listened.

"Alright. I sort of expected it might."

"Can I ask why you want to leave?"

"Ive been here for three seasons, Tina, and I guess I just want to try something new."

"Thats a fair enough reason, but I would like you to stay. There is a first team place for you in the long term, even in the now. But if I cant make you stay, then I guess I will have to process your request."

"Thanks Tina, but it is time for me to move on."

"Alright, James. Ill process your transfer request."

James nodded, and as Tina began typing it up, there was a rap on her door.

"Well, well. Hows the First Lady of Football running my club?"

Massone stood in the doorframe with a beaming smile.

"Angelo!"

Tina got up and hugged him. Massone was shocked by the show of affection, but she was didnt care. It was good to see him. James stood up and nodded, and then left the room.

"Whats up with James?"

"Oh, hes just filed a transfer request. I tried but couldnt persuade him to stay."

"Will be a shame to lose him. How is my club, anyway? Im glad to see the stadium still standing in one piece though."

They both laughed, and Tina offered him a seat.

"Its all been fine. Bought some players in, had some alright results and no problems really."

"Thats good then. Shame about the cup loss to Morton, but they are top of the league so I can understand."

Tina was relieved. She knew Massone had put his eyes on the Challenge Cup as something winnable for Livi.

"I went to my office first and found a tender of resignation from Bekim. Did he speak to you as to why? Theres no reason given in the letter."

"Nope. He had been in a car crash a few days before, but then he returned and said he was leaving. No-one knows why."

"Thats funny, because in the letter, Bekim says that I should ask you.."

Tina didnt know where to put herself. Bekim had done her over again.

"Well.. its because I unearthed something about him."

"I sort of guessed. There was a discrepancy in the accounts only described as 'Personal' by Bekim. Did you blackmail him into leaving the club after the two of you fell out?"

"No, no. Of course not. He thought he could get away with what he had paid for... But I had to go see him and I found him."

Massone clearly wasnt taking this in, but he decided to drop the issue. He didnt need a rift in his staff, and with Bekim now gone, he wasnt going to create another.

"Alright. I see the results have been alright. Mostly, anyway."

"Yeah, having some problems with the defence though. Trying to get a clean sheet to hopefully give them some confidence."

"Yeah, they do certainly seem to be leaking goals."

Massone picked up some notes and began reading through them.

"Anyway, Tina, thats all. Keep up the good work."

Tina smiled.

"Thank you, Angelo. Was Italy a good break for you?"

"It was. Gave me time to think."

"Think about what?"

"Its not important now."

"Go on, tell me."

Angelo smiled.

"I was coming back early to tell Bekim I would be looking for a new aide. I was going to sack him."

Thanks alot minisav, Gauvner, footballfan08 and megafan2005. Welcome to the story, Tory88!

"No, Mr McCall, Im sorry, but I cant accept those offers. They are my key players."

"I cant argue with that Miss Powell, but its a shame."

"Thank you. Good luck in League Two."

Stuart McCall had made a double offer for Dave Mackay and Tony McParland, but Tina wasnt going to let her key players go. She had decided to keep the offer quiet from the two players, providing that the Bradford media didnt grab hold of it. Now she had to think about the upcoming game. She had come to the decision to drop Martini from goal, and play fans favourite McKenzie. She also made the choice to play Slusarski up front with Fleetwood once more, and hopefully he can grab a goal this time round. She went onto the BBC website and saw the team of the week. She was delightfully happy to notice that Fleetwood, Talbot and Mackay all made the team. Looking at a scout report for Ross County, the main threat was the speed of Jonny Godsmark.

Saturday 20th September - Livingston vs. Ross County

Almondvale Stadium

Scottish First Division

GK; Roddy McKenzie

DR; Dave Mackay

DL; Jason Talbot

DC; Chris Innes

DC; Mark Snijders

MR; Jean-Jose Cuenca

ML; Antonio La Cava

DMC; Salvatore Fresi

MC; Alejandro Caiaffa

ST; Stuart Fleetwood

ST; Bartosz Slusarski

Subs; Pierre-Antoine Martini, David Sinclair, Tony McParland, Calum Elliot, Liam Fox.

First HALF;

The fans arrived in hope of a victory, but more importantly, it was McKenzies 200th appearance for Livi, and they wanted the win for him. Some good defensive work from Snidjers opens up space for Caiaffa, who then plays a delightful through ball to Slusarski. He bore down on goal, but when it came to pulling the trigger, he faltered and it went wide. Chances in the first half are few and are between, Cuenca wasting three good corners with poor deliveries. Ross cant even get close to goal, Adams having to try his luck from 30yards. Half time arrives, and with neither side looking dangerous up front, Tina will need to up the ante from her attack.

"Come on guys, the win is so obviously there for the taking. Ross havent really turned up today, so lets make them pay. Bartosz, you really need to take the chances you get, 'cos they wont come often. Antonio, please, up your game, I told you before the game I needed an improvement, so show it to me."

Second HALF;

Poor defending from Livi returns though, and McKenzie is forced to make a save early on from Hall, after Mackay fumbled with the ball at the wrong time. Time winds away extremely quickly and annoyingly as Livi fail to create chances. Tina makes a triple substitution, McParland, Fox and Elliot replacing Fleetwood, Cuenca and Caiaffa. Ross find themselves with a great chance, Hall in front of McKenzie with no defenders near him, but Roddy is equal to his effort, and saves twice to keep Livi in the running. Against the run of play and luck, Livi somehow gain the lead very late on. Elliot picked up the loose ball from Hall, and played to McParland, who ran down the wing and bent a delightful cross into the back post, where Fleetwood was waiting. One simple touch and the ball ripples the net. Tina is off her seat in joy. Five minutes injury time seems to drag like an hour, and a final attack from Slusarski sees him time waste, and Livi hold on for the win. FULL TIME.

"YESS! You boys are amazing. See, two games ago we conceded four. Today, we got our first clean sheet of the league campaign. Well done Roddy, and double well done on it being your two hundredth appearance."

Livingston 1 (Fleetwood 92)

Ross County 0

Attendance; 3516

MOTM; Chris Innes (7.6)

Thanks alot Spav, things are certainly going well for Tina and her Livi side.

Sunday 21st September

"That was a good win Tina. It seems that we cant bring the two things together, though."

"What do you mean?"

"Good defensive work, but a lack of activity up front. There is always one without the other. Though we cant say nothing, Stewie worked hard til the end."

"He did, and he deserved his goal. Im surprised Chris got man of the match. Mark played much better, put more tackles in."

"Putting all that aside though, we only had one shot on goal, and that wasnt good enough, especially at home. Ross had more, and they werent even dangerous."

Valter stroked his chin.

"Yeah, that was pretty annoying. On top of that, Antonio covered the most ground at 11km, but he was hardly visible in the game, seems to me like he was just running in circles."

"Ill have a talk with him. He might be having problems settling in."

"Thanks Valter. You can get off home now, Ill finish up here."

Valter nodded.

"Thanks Tina, see you on Tuesday."

Tina collected her notes before heading to the door. Her office phone began to ring, and she resisted the temptation to ignore it. As soon as she picked it up, she instantly recognised the voice.

"What do you want, Dean?"

"I was just calling to see how you were."

"Dont lie. I saw you led our nation to defeat against Russia. My dad wouldnt have lost that."

"What do you know, last I heard, you had lost to Morton. Id much rather be beaten by Russia."

"What was the point in this call, Dean? I was on my way home when you rang."

"And you stopped to talk to me, Im flattered."

"Dont be. What do you want?"

"Nothing."

Tina felt the anger rise.

"Bye Dean."

She put the phone down before she could hear him answer. Utter tw*t, she thought.

Thanks Gauvner, glad your enjoying it still. Yeah minisav, definitely cant get rid of the scum bags at the moment. The next part of the story is so well timed, as currently, Livingston, in real life, appear to be having financial problems.

Monday 22nd September

Tina was happy Massone had returned to the club. But he hadn't been himself. Something wasn't right with him, and she set out to find out.

She walked to his office and rapped on the door.

"Angelo?"

A weary eyed Angelo looked up from some papers on his desk.

"Oh, Hey Tina. What can I do for you?"

"Well, I really want to know what's wrong. Something is, I can tell."

Angelo tried to look calm and collected, but the stress in his eyes betrayed the look he was trying to pull off.

"I'm fine, honestly. No need to worry about me."

"Alright. Well, I also wanted to ask. My wages haven't gone in this week.. I didn't want to say anything, but.."

Angelo looked away from Tina and shuffled his notes.

"Sorry Tina, the cheque must have been misplaced."

"Misplaced? Be honest, the clubs in financial trouble isn't it.."

"Yeah, it is. We cant give the players their wages on time."

"Seriously?"

Tina couldn't hide the look of shock on her face.

"Yeah. We are in the red, and the other members of the consortium are opting to not put any more finance into the club. I'm doing this on my own, and I'm struggling."

"They just ditched you?"

"They just don't have the spare funds to put into the club."

"Are you going to tell the players they wont be paid on time?"

"No. I'm not going to risk the players and club clashing over it."

"But they're going to anyway, when they check their accounts and see they haven't been paid."

"Tina, this isn't up for debate. Leave it be. Please."

"But Angelo, these players look to me for guidance. They'll think I purposely left it out."

"I said DROP IT!"

Tina looked at Massone. His face was red with anger.

"Fine."

She walked towards the door and slammed it on her way out. Massone opened the cupboard beneath his desk and pulled out a bottle of whiskey and a glass. Pouring himself some, he drank the contents, not even noticing the burning sensation in his throat.

Thanks alot footballfan08, im really happy your still following.

Tina hadnt been thinking straight since leaving Massone's office. After sitting in the foyer at the stadium for just under an hour, she headed down to the physio's office. Mairi was checking over McPake as Tina entered.

"...so as long as you take it careful on the leg, it should heal in two and half months, rather than the three we originally stated."

"Thanks, Mairi. Ill come see you if I have any problems."

"See you soon. Hopefully not before two months though!"

James smiled and as he turned towards the door, noticed Tina.

"Oh, hey Boss. Didnt see you there. Mairi here's gone and shaved half a month off my recovery time. Good times."

"Thats great to hear. I just need to talk to Mairi privately."

"No worries, im off home now. The Missus wants a takeaway so, you know. Needs must."

Tina managed a smile, but couldnt help feeling disappointed when he took out his bankcard and car keys. The money wasnt going to be there.

"Whats up, Tina?"

"Theres problems with the clubs finances. No staff member or player is getting wages on time."

"What?!"

"Yeah, I was just as shocked."

"Do the players know?"

"No. Massone went mad when I said they should know before they find out the hard way."

"My god. Let me just make some coffee."

Mairi walked over to her coffeepot and started it up.

"How did you know?"

"My wages didnt go in. Good job they werent vital. But the lads rely on theirs."

"I know. Whats going to happen?"

"I have no idea. Im dreading Motherwell on Wednesday."

Mairi threw a frowned look, then smiled.

"Fancy a night out in Glasgow?"

"Im not sure about this, Mairi."

"Ohh, come on. A night out would be great for us both."

"Dont you ever get noticed when you go out?"

"Nope, not even in Livi. Im only the physio, babe, not manageress like you."

She winked at Tina, and it drew a smile from her.

"Im sure a die hard fan would recognise you."

"Well, when im all dolled up, I dont look anything like when im in trackies running on with my kitbag."

Tina laughed again.

"Thats true. This might sound... unkind, but seeing as im kind of high profile, what if they recognise me? What do I do?"

Mairi laughed.

"Then you tell them your someone else. It shouldnt be as much as a problem in Glasgow, than as in Livi, but just pretend theyre mistaken."

"Sounds like a plan."

Mairi pulled out some lipstick and then went to her wardrobe on the far side of the room.

"Good job your my size Tina, you can wear some of my going out clothes."

Tina looked baffled.

"You keep them in your room?"

Mairi smiled.

"Of course! I live in Falkirk so its just easier to leave my going out clothes here rather than go home and then towards Glasgow."

Tina smiled and they began to decide what to wear.

Tina and Mairi arrived at popular Glasgow nightspot TigerTiger and ordered two glasses of red wine. They were sat for less than five minutes before they were attracting male attention. Tina was dressed in a splendid red dress that showed her curves off in a fashionable yet sexual way. Mairi was in a skirt and a top that resembled a male shirt, but instead of the arms being buttoned, they were rolled up in style. They both looked exquisite and it was no surprise they were getting gawked at by horny men. Tina looked past Mairi and saw a handsome guy eyeing her up.

"Mairi," Tina said, faintly nodding her head to the man behind her, "I think you have an admirer."

"God, hes always here. He wants what he cant have."

Mairi put her hands on her breasts and Tina couldnt help but laugh. The night moved on, and after some dancing and a bit more drinking, Tina had the numbers of two men. One of the guys was, funnily enough, an ex-footballer.

Thanks Minisav, im always glad to know your still reading. Thanks megafan2005, your absence is abysmal! Haha, only kidding, glad your back.

After a long night, Tina and a rather tipsy Mairi decided to head home. Mairi had pulled, but later decided that the man wasnt her type and openly ditched him in front of his friends.

"Mairi, how do you find the brass to do that?"

"Darling, it comes naturally after fighting them off."

Tina admired Mairi's strength of character. She was independent and strong willed which was something Tina always wished she was. As they walked along and Mairi spoke to Tina, her mind was elsewhere. She realised that she had been walked over by Saunders, Bekim and even Massone as of late. Time for change. Time for drastic change.

Tuesday 23rd September

Tina was in no mood for niceties. Her head was throbbing like there was a little person inside trying to get out by bashing the inside of her head. After a quick excursion to a pharmacy for some paracetemol, she arrived at Almondvale with one thing in mind. She knocked on Massone's door and entered, not caring what he would say or if anyone else was in there with him.

"A word please."

"Tina, what is it?"

"Did the players get paid on time?"

"No, you knew they wouldnt."

"Then someone needs to talk to them."

"Tina, theres nothing that can be said. Im doing my best here, but times are hard. They will get paid eventually. They will have to hold on and wait a moment while I sort things out."

"No Massone! Those lads rely on their wages for their families. Some have kids. Some have wifes and girlfriends."

"I know! But what I can do?"

"You can start by stopping this f*cking sulking session. Grow some backbone and get your arse outside, onto that training field, and re-assure them. They need leading, re-assurance. Not worries and headaches over whether their next pay check will come. And dont you dare f*cking lie to them. Ive done it once, and I wont do it again. Especially not to protect your backside. I know the club is only just holding its head above the water, but we do NOT need internal riffs, lies and a chairman who flees from taking it like a man when the occasion rises. These players look up to me, yeah, but they also look up to you. Hell, Fresi is even older than you. So get yourself in order, Angelo. Show the players, YOUR players, what your made of. And do it now."

Massone hadnt looked into Tina's eyes the whole time. His head slowly rose, and Tina could see a tear forming.

"Im on my way."

Tina kept the mean look in her eyes and she watched him leave the room. As soon as he had gone, she let out a deep sigh.

That could have gone so horribly wrong.

Archived