Ridleys Premiership Club Sign-up - You're The Main Man

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, well I will post the update once I have finished the season on my Gundo's Challenge game.

It could either be posted later tonight or sometime tomorrow, depending on how fast it takes me to complete the season.

Originally posted by GazTheDoood:

I think that league table looks a bit more like it was decided on reputation not quality tbh.

I think i agree with you on this one..my Wigan team had loads of quality with a midfield of Messi and Kaka and yet we finished last..

Originally posted by aqnfiqw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GazTheDoood:

I think that league table looks a bit more like it was decided on reputation not quality tbh.

I think i agree with you on this one..my Wigan team had loads of quality with a midfield of Messi and Kaka and yet we finished last.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually realise the mistake I made. Because when i holidayed through I have matches on low detail instead of full detail.

If matches are played in low detail then they are decided on the clubs reputation more than the the clubs actual ability, whereas if matched are played in full detail the scores are decided on the players ability instead of the reputation.

Originally posted by ridleys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aqnfiqw:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GazTheDoood:

I think i agree with you on this one..my Wigan team had loads of quality with a midfield of Messi and Kaka and yet we finished last.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you going to start again then or just start now with full detail?

I actually realise the mistake I made. Because when i holidayed through I have matches on low detail instead of full detail.

If matches are played in low detail then they are decided on the clubs reputation more than the the clubs actual ability, whereas if matched are played in full detail the scores are decided on the players ability instead of the reputation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aqnfiqw:

If matches are played in low detail then they are decided on the clubs reputation more than the the clubs actual ability, whereas if matched are played in full detail the scores are decided on the players ability instead of the reputation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you going to start again then or just start now with full detail? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know i'll let you guys choose

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ridleys:

Are you going to start again then or just start now with full detail? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know i'll let you guys choose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I vote that you just carry on as if a team was properly good, they'll get promoted won't they?

I don't know i'll let you guys choose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I vote that you just carry on as if a team was properly good, they'll get promoted won't they? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay. I didn't really want to resart anyway icon_razz.gif Gundo's challenge is just to addictive icon_razz.gif

I vote that you just carry on as if a team was properly good, they'll get promoted won't they?

No they won't because its only being done on reputation at the moment and that means that you could have the best team in the world, but if your clubs rep is low, then you won't win games.

I say this needs restarting in full detail, at not offence to ridleys, but pay attention to this sign up rather than doing other challeneges for yourself.

Originally posted by Whitehead:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I vote that you just carry on as if a team was properly good, they'll get promoted won't they?

No they won't because its only being done on reputation at the moment and that means that you could have the best team in the world, but if your clubs rep is low, then you won't win games.

I say this needs restarting in full detail, at not offence to ridleys, but pay attention to this sign up rather than doing other challeneges for yourself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sign up isn't my life okay. I can do other things if I want. Also for your information once the new leagues begin matches will be played in full detail so stop presuming things that aren't true.

Originally posted by Whitehead:

when did we claim it was your life, but you can at least pretend to care about this sign up

I would actually remove you from the sign-up if I could be bothered. I do care about this sign up, so once again stop presuming things that aren't true.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Whitehead:

when did we claim it was your life, but you can at least pretend to care about this sign up

I would actually remove you from the sign-up if I could be bothered. I do care about this sign up, so once again stop presuming things that aren't true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

when did i presume anything?

Now, now all. Calm down.

Yes, ridley made a mistake. Hes human, deal with it. Thank you for trying Ridley.

However this isn't detracting from the fact that yes, he should have payed attention, but hes done more than what some challenges etc. do, which is die a miserable death. If you'd like faster updates, then if Ridley would like to, he can upload the db and I'll run each season, then e-mail him back the results so he can make the changes necessary for the overall table (I don't do edittingicon_biggrin.gif).

Otherwise, like it or lump it, it'll take a few days.

Just a few points.........

First of all give the guy a break. He's set up a sign up that you have entered so if you want a better version do it yourself.

Second, even though reputation does play a part when setting the game on low match detail if you have a new squad of players the experience of playing in england and knowing the language is very important for your starting x1. Some stats for those complaining of your starting x1:

Top Four:

Man Utd - Starting x1 - 7/8 players with previous uk eperience - carried thorugh

Lpool - 8

Arsenal - 6/7

Vila - 8

Moaners

Aqin - wigan - 20th - 3

Whitehead - B'ham 18th - 4

Gaz - sunderland 17th - 2

Moonshine - reading - 14th - 2

Tom - everton 7th - 2

anyone notice anything!!!!!

Just shows you can't buy a load of foriegners and expect them to gel in 1 season. I bet if you played the game over a number of seasons, even on low match detail, some sides would improve as players adapt.

I just think youre all over-reacting: you haven't taken into account the fact that those who have picked a predominantly british based squad with a few quality foriegners have done well!! I know you will say I would say that as I won the league icon_wink.gif but really if you pick a dream team of 11 players form different leagues whose to say they will gel in one season.

Kaka, messi is fine but if you dont have a good manager they wont work well together and lets remember that we are not managing these teams but just picking the squads.

Ridley think you've doen a great job on this sign up and the stick is unjustified, maybe if the others want ot do it better thay should set up their own leageue If you decide to restart thats fine as i will gladly see my man utd side crowned champions again!!!

end of..

I didn't moan?

I even offered to help with it and thanked Ridley for his work. If someone would like to recreate his database, (which is an impressive feat), or if Ridley would like to upload it, I'd be more than glad to run it on this machine (it would only take an hour, tops).

But otherwise we shall be patient and thankful for this good ideaicon_smile.gif

the only reason you arent 'moaning' is because you finished top

any suprise as you the highest rep - Nope

i have over 11 players that can speak english and around 6 that speak french so it isnt like they can't communicate.

Say what you like about moaning. I think high detail shud have been run from the start in an atempt to even things out, besides two teams in the top half have 'moaned'

To be fair i bet you right now, if we restarted and you didnt finish top i bet you'd moan then saying we should have stuck with the orginal

Oh well, its ridleys sign up and what he says goes!

Originally posted by Moonshine:

I didn't moan?

I even offered to help with it and thanked Ridley for his work. If someone would like to recreate his database, (which is an impressive feat), or if Ridley would like to upload it, I'd be more than glad to run it on this machine (it would only take an hour, tops).

But otherwise we shall be patient and thankful for this good ideaicon_smile.gif

i was confused by this as well moonshine, but i reckon Spc1485 just made a mistake.

to ridleys

I think there is an easier and a faster way for you to complete the season. Use the editor and make the reputation of all the teams equal and then run the season on low detail. Will this work in making an even field ?

Originally posted by el sid:

to ridleys

I think there is an easier and a faster way for you to complete the season. Use the editor and make the reputation of all the teams equal and then run the season on low detail. Will this work in making an even field ?

Just about to start doing it in high detail now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by el sid:

to ridleys

Just about to start doing it in high detail now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif

Archived