Expanding usable space in the tactics panel (FM21)

semiki

I'm looking to expand the tactics panel to cover the whole screen (except the top bar). The tactics screen is expected to be the most information-intensive screen of the whole game, but we see here that a good portion of the screen is intentionally unusable to show a "dressing room" background. Basically, expanding the screens to use all possible space will enable me to add at least a few more rows to the selection info screen (see attached post for more info). None of the skins I've seen have implemented anything like it and have these 3D renders in these screens - are these sections simply not editable, or is there a way to do so? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 1.46.26 AM.png

@semiki Finally figured out the screen that controls this it is the tactics with embedded section tabs panel xml file found in the panels\match folder which you'll need to extract from the panels fmf file.

The size of the content varies depending on your resolution and adapts to certain screen sizes, thankfully you can adjust this in the above file you'll see code that looks like this:

<record>
                    <flags id="alignment" value="horizontal" />
                    <integer id="min_value" value="1115" />
                    <integer id="max_value" value="1366" />
                    <symbol id="set_property" value="width" />
                    <integer id="true_value" value="1115" />
                    <integer id="false_value" value="650" />
                </record>

That is for the width there is similar code for the height.

The min and max values tell the game that the following values should apply if your resolution is within those values, then the true/false values set the width (or height) of the panel at that resolution.

So you need to locate the section of code that corresponds to your resolution and then adjust the true/false values until the panel is the size you want, though I have no idea why some of the false/true values are different (it's possible the false value is something related to the zoom modes?).

There is also a match tactics with embedded section tabs panel xml file in the same folder that likely controls the match tactics panel.

@michaeltmurrayuk amazing find mate, cheers! Took me some trial & error but got it to work:

775184577_ScreenShot2020-12-02at12_00_03PM.thumb.png.fa820e7b6f8fe47547dff403cd51ecaf.png

One interesting thing is that there always remains some edge that I simply can't get rid of, even with dimensions larger than the available screen size. Even when the main tactics panel flood past the edges, some background is visible - haven't figured out a way to fix that yet:

1187748534_ScreenShot2020-12-02at11_47_43AM.thumb.png.48066fef0545e78fe55f7dc6826d41b6.png

@semikiThe gap settings are now largely set globally and resolution dependent, they are defined in the settings file for your skin (I put them at the bottom of the settings file for the base skins if you are using them, otherwise you'll need to copy the code over from the fm-widgets settings file and alter them to suit).

@michaeltmurrayuk I'm working off of the Dark Polish Skin 21 (https://www.fmscout.com/a-dark-polish-fm21-skin.html) which also comes with its own settings file darkpolish settings.xml, and no explicit fm-widgets-settings.xml. I added the following section to that file (which only included colour information), with no effect whatsoever unfortunately. Will also try with the base skins tomorrow, perhaps I'll get that to work.

<!-- GLOBAL SETTINGS FROM FM-WIDGETS MOVED HERE OUT OF WAY -->
	<!-- global settings -->
	<set_global name="ui.main_box_gap" >
		<integer value="0"/>
	</set_global>
	<set_global name="ui.main_box_gap_vertical" >
		<integer value="0"/>
	</set_global>
	<set_global name="ui.main_box_gap_horizontal" >
		<integer value="0"/>
	</set_global>
	<set_global name="ui.main_contrast_box_gap" >
		<integer value="8"/>
	</set_global>
	<set_global name="ui.inner_box_gap" >
		<integer value="20"/>
	</set_global>
	<set_global name="ui.main_content_margin" >
		<integer value="12"/>
	</set_global>
	<set_global name="ui.button_row_gap" >
		<integer value="0"/>
	</set_global>
	<set_global name="ui.split_button_row_gap" >
		<integer value="-9"/>
	</set_global>

On 02/12/2020 at 11:17, semiki said:

@michaeltmurrayuk amazing find mate, cheers! Took me some trial & error but got it to work:

775184577_ScreenShot2020-12-02at12_00_03PM.thumb.png.fa820e7b6f8fe47547dff403cd51ecaf.png

One interesting thing is that there always remains some edge that I simply can't get rid of, even with dimensions larger than the available screen size. Even when the main tactics panel flood past the edges, some background is visible - haven't figured out a way to fix that yet:

1187748534_ScreenShot2020-12-02at11_47_43AM.thumb.png.48066fef0545e78fe55f7dc6826d41b6.png

hey, can you maybe share the code for this?

On 07/12/2020 at 23:26, rosque said:

hey, can you maybe share the code for this?

I can, but I don't think it'd be of much of use to you unless we use the same resolution & zoom level:

On 01/12/2020 at 18:57, michaeltmurrayuk said:

The size of the content varies depending on your resolution and adapts to certain screen sizes, thankfully you can adjust this in the above file you'll see code that looks like this:

To follow up with what I did from this, I edited the following sections of panels/match/tactics with embedded section tabs panel.xml as follows:

<record>
					<flags id="alignment" value="vertical" />
					<integer id="min_value" value="968" />
					<integer id="max_value" value="1068" />
					<symbol id="set_property" value="height" />
					<integer id="true_value" value="1040" />
					<integer id="false_value" value="1040" />
				</record>

<record>
					<integer id="min_value" value="1600" />
					<integer id="max_value" value="1920" />
					<symbol id="set_property" value="width" />
					<integer id="true_value" value="1745" />
					<integer id="false_value" value="1745" />
				</record>

I have resolution 1680x1050, and I play on Zoom Out (95%). Basically, the idea is:

1. Find these <record> sections that have the "min_value"/"max_value" fields correspond to your resolution. You'll need two: One for "vertical" alignment, and one for "horizontal".

2. Increase the "true_value"/"false_value" to get as close to the boundaries. I'm not exactly sure how the true/false values differ, but keeping them the same works for me.

3. Plenty of trial & error. Once you find the <record> sections, incrementally increase the values until the screen "floods" out due to the annoying borders that I can't get rid of.

Again, thank  @michaeltmurrayuk for doing the hard work here. Hope this helps!

tactics with embedded section tabs panel.xml

Edited by semiki
Added file

19 hours ago, <<Macaco-RJ88>> said:

Hi, Im using the BaseSkin, 1920x1080 and zoom 95%.

Could anyone please help me to fix the bellow edge issue? Thanks in advance!

image.thumb.png.66d9e2077a4c74eaf451c877e4d279a3.png

image.thumb.png.359bb6743434a880fbac6e88510475dc.png

Looks like your horizontal values are too large, this is what i meant with "flooding":

On 09/12/2020 at 00:26, semiki said:

3. Plenty of trial & error. Once you find the <record> sections, incrementally increase the values until the screen "floods" out due to the annoying borders that I can't get rid of.

Just find the correct <record> block with

that fits your resolution, and make the true/false values smaller until the panel fits.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, 

Can someone help me? Ive tried to follow the thread but dont quite understand. I am trying to get a bigger selection info view when on the tactics screen. The picture of the very large pitch tactic and small selection view is what i currently have. 

I want the screen to show a smaller pitch tactic layout and larger selection info. See attached the two pictures. What i currently have and what i want it to be like. In simple terms can someone direct me on how to achieve this please?

Any help would be great! Thanks 

2020-12-24 (11).png

2020-12-24 (10).png

Edited by Aaron99

• 2 years later...

Hi guys,

I'm using the SaS skin and I have a question regarding this page.

image.thumb.png.c36183c254cfc445ad6d480417e3044b.png

It seems to be a replacement for the animated lineups that the base skin typically shows.

1. How can I remove this page and use the default animated lineups? Which panel do I edit and what do I edit?

2. If there isn't a way to remove this page, how can I edit the font of this page?

Much thanks!

2 hours ago, j.nthnlm said:

Hi guys,

I'm using the SaS skin and I have a question regarding this page.

image.thumb.png.c36183c254cfc445ad6d480417e3044b.png

It seems to be a replacement for the animated lineups that the base skin typically shows.

1. How can I remove this page and use the default animated lineups? Which panel do I edit and what do I edit?

2. If there isn't a way to remove this page, how can I edit the font of this page?

Much thanks!

i believe match preview lineups panel.xml is the file you're looking for

try and rename it or move it out from the folder then reload the skin and it should grab the default file from the game

Not get me wrong but I am totally blind in skin editing so I am asking this panels/match/tactics with embedded section tabs panel.xml …

what is the code for 1920x1080 resolution in order to be cover all screen as above ?

6 minutes ago, milenec11 said:

Not get me wrong but I am totally blind in skin editing so I am asking this panels/match/tactics with embedded section tabs panel.xml …

what is the code for 1920x1080 resolution in order to be cover all screen as above ?

if you use this, it will cover the screen