Help needed

Struggling with this system. 1st season was decent, finished 8th and Bayern Munich knocked me out of the German cup.

I want to play a gegenpress attacking style. I feel like I'm massively underachieving, got some good wonder kids who suit this tactic and the roles etc but feel like i need some advice. Going forward not to bad, in the top half for goalscoring in the league. I do feel like that could improve even more, as the team isn't creating many chances. Majority of goals being long shots or set pieces. Defensively woeful.

Any tips welcome, cheers.

2020-05-23.png

When i first come to Hertha I'd say certainly not but I feel like I've improved the team well enough to be getting Europa League. I think i am going to change style as of poor perfomances and only being mid-table.

4 hours ago, Ben Hutton said:

When i first come to Hertha I'd say certainly not but I feel like I've improved the team well enough to be getting Europa League. I think i am going to change style as of poor perfomances and only being mid-table.

I just feel the tactic is too ambitious for the team.

Could see better teams passing the ball around you and exploiting your high line.

When it comes to being in possession, i dont think your options are very good up front. Id perhaps use the number 10 on support, and make the inverted winger an attacker, then get the full back on that side invloved more.

But not knowing the players i dont know.

I find i cant really give tactical advice without watching a game. Almost all my successful tactics dont make "sense" because of instructions ive added, yet usually work well. I think people should maybe upload a match, or action from a match now and again

Not a rhetorical question, I am just curious as someone looking to learn more about FM, but aren't there simply too many things going on in possession?

Express yourselves and be creative, but...

• keep that passing tight
  • don't settle for anything until you're within the box
  • and do it really quickly (over and above the aggressive attacking)!

I have a picture of everyone piling into each other at the top of the 18yd box and mentally knackered - unless they have the correct mental attributes of course.

Edited by CaptCanuck