do u stick with one tactic ?

Hello Everyone ! 

Are u playing through a season with only 1 tactic or do u use different tactics through your season or save ? 

I started with fm19 and stick with my one and only tactic and won champions league and Bundesliga quite often

but since playing fm20 nothing really works well with my tactics and now after the Public beta I’m trying to imitate Klopps Gegenpressing

in my save he’s playing home games with 4231 Wide and away 4141 with inside forwards

Im imitating these 2 tactics and my home games are going well but with my away games I’m struggling and didn’t win my last 5 away games including 2 losses 
it’s quite hard for me using 2 tactics because I really wanted to play with just one tactic, but is it necessary to do it to be successful and how are u playing ? The only and only tactic ? Every game same roles same instructions ? 

Im from Germany so don’t blame me for my English haha 

Edited by VinSulti

I'm still on FM19 at the moment, but my most recent save started as a 3412 with Arsenal as an experiment to play with 2 strikers whilst still squeezing Ozil in.

Over the 5 seasons at Arsenal, as I improved the squad and youths came through, this morphed into a narrow 4312 then into a 433 for the last two seasons, during which I would 3 back to back league titles, a Europa league trophy and a Champions league trophy, plus a smattering of domestic cups.

I then moved to Barcelona, where I am still using a 433 as a base tactic in my first season with them, but I have changed a few roles to better suit the players I now have (who are all old and almost past it - the AI recruitment leaves a lot to be desired). I do also tweak roles according to the players sometimes (e.g. I have a great right winger, pacey and strong, but when I play a 36 year old Messi in the same spot, I can't expect the same results, so I tweak the role to an AP and adjust the players around slightly to accommodate Messi's lack of mobility).

Throughout the game, I do occasionally freshening things up with a second tactic, normally something hyper-aggressive like a 442 diamond with CWBs but I rarely play more than a couple of games a season with it.

Some do, some don't. Some use the three tactic slots for different versions of the same formation (so I guess three tactics). At the moment I only have two - one for attacking/aggressive approaches and one for a more steady balanced approach (away games, better opposition etc)

A 4-1-4-1 DM Wide on Balanced and a 4-2-3-1 Gegenpressy one

Edited by Snorks

I have 2, one is my basic 4-4-2 with no instructions, how I approach most games.

I make in game tactical changes that are only changes for that game.

The other tactic is a 4-1-4-1 with a Half Back, lots of defensive roles and disciplined approach to PI and TI, this is what use against teams stronger than me, or to close a game out late on

Usually I start the season with one tactic that is my main one (the one I want to use the most) and then mid season I start to add another one based on what I want to change (if anything) the following season, youthlings replacing older players but with different traits, new signings for following season and so on.

I spend some months with the two tactics active using more and more the second one - less and less the first one.

At the start of the new season I start over with the same process - i.e. swap the two tactics, the second becomes my main one and the first get cancelled. So I have only one main tactic for the start of the season and then mid season I think of changes that need to be made....u get the point.

Cheers!

I use all the three slots with different formations, with same TIs (that can vary depending of which team I am managing) to keep a consistent style of play: 532 WB, 5311 WB and 5212 WB, if I want to use a back 5 defence; otherwise I use 451, 4411 and 4141. The latters can be easily changed in 433, 4231 and 4123, moving the wide midfilders in advanced positions during games. In this way, changing roles, duties and PIs even with "only" three slots I can have plenty of tactics to adapt to different circumstances and opponents.