Club Culture preferred signing players from specific countries

So I was looking through different clubs to start a save with when FM20 is fully released and I noticed some clubs have a preferred culture of signing players from countries that isn't theirs. Such as a 1 Dezembro in the lowest league in Portugal. They ask you to sign Canadian and Ghuayan players, which is awesome! This seems like it could be a very unique challenge. So I'm raising this to ask are their anyone clubs that have really interest cultures that anyone has noticed?

3 hours ago, Hav3n_The_Hero said:

So I was looking through different clubs to start a save with when FM20 is fully released and I noticed some clubs have a preferred culture of signing players from countries that isn't theirs. Such as a 1 Dezembro in the lowest league in Portugal. They ask you to sign Canadian and Ghuayan players, which is awesome! This seems like it could be a very unique challenge. So I'm raising this to ask are their anyone clubs that have really interest cultures that anyone has noticed?

Not noticed that, I'm only playing as PSG in the beta and they want French players.

Wonder why that team want Guyanese players as well, maybe because they speak Portuguese there, not sure why they'd want Canadians though

6 hours ago, bigmattb28 said:

Not noticed that, I'm only playing as PSG in the beta and they want French players.

Wonder why that team want Guyanese players as well, maybe because they speak Portuguese there, not sure why they'd want Canadians though

So I was confused about that too and it looks like the owner is Canadian.

• 7 months later...

Just found a third division Belgian team called Tubize that have the club culture sign South Korean Players as their highest priority which just seems bizarre, especially considering they don't even have any South Korean players at the start of the FM20.

1261502167_ScreenShot2020-07-16at11_40_25pm.thumb.png.dced3729dc806681d07f37eb1991ece8.png 

Looks like i'm going to have to sign Son Heungmin... eventually, might be a bit old by the time i can afford him though.

*edit* just checked and the owner and 2 out of 5 directors are South Korean, that seems like a lot of directors to me.

Edited by The Warrenburgh

• 2 weeks later...

I've joined Union San Felipe in Chile (First Division B).  Their club culture is to sign players based in Argentina; trouble is there aren't any I can find with my cheap scouting abilities and I can't register any more foreign players as I have the squad limit.  This means I can't sign anyone as the board blocked my last free transfer signing as it wasn't from Argentina?!

10 hours ago, obscenesage said:

Bilbao wants players of Basque heritage.

That's always been their culture, they will only sign players that are Basque or part Basque. I have a soft spot for Bilboa because of this

22 hours ago, ExeChris said:

I've joined Union San Felipe in Chile (First Division B).  Their club culture is to sign players based in Argentina; trouble is there aren't any I can find with my cheap scouting abilities and I can't register any more foreign players as I have the squad limit.  This means I can't sign anyone as the board blocked my last free transfer signing as it wasn't from Argentina?!

Noww that's frustrating