Last day Premier League Fixtures question?

It's FMT I play but the forum there is dead so hope it's ok to post this here.  Last day fixtures at the  end of my second season in the Premier League.  I play Liverpool away on Wednesday 13th May and yet all other teams last fixtures including Liverpool's and my second to last game were played on Sunday 10th May.  Not a major issue as the only League Table change could be that Liverpool overtake me from 5th to 4th if they win our last game and it's clearly a rearranged fixture as I've made the Europa League Final and Liverpool are in the FA Cup Final and made the CL Semis so clearly a lack of dates but I was just thinking I am sure this couldn't happen in real life as I am pretty certain all 38th games in the PL must be played on the last Sunday?

You're correct - all 38 games should be played simultaneously barring hugely exceptional circumstances. The entire Tottenham team being ill famously wasn't enough as you'll probably remember! The only time a game every got moved was when they thought they'd found a bomb inside Old Trafford at the last minute and had to evacuate and call in the counter-terrorist experts.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this and too late for 2019 anyway but has anyone else had this or is it just me?!  Loaded up a new game just to try a few new tactics and players out and last weekend of the season again one match was delayed till the Monday night.  Arsenal v Palace.  1-1 draw so Arsenal knocked Man City off the top on goal difference and Palace sent Huddersfield down on goals scored.  In fact it was the best possible result for both of them!"!!  This must be a bug yes?

Edited by Sussex Hammer

I don't know if it's a bug or not but do you know if Arsenal was playing a cup's final in the week for exemple ? It coul be a reason for delay this match, i think, even if in many country the last day of the season all match are played at the same time.

They did have a Euro Cup Final but it's a big gap between the League Game and the Cup Final (fixtures attached).  Palace had no such game.  If this happened in real life the result would be definitely looked into as both teams benefitted from the 1-1 draw.  As Spurs 08 says above  "all 38 games should be played simultaneously barring hugely exceptional circumstances." on the last day.  I'm just intrigued if anyone else has had this?

arsenal.jpg

I had this once playing as Manchester City. I had won the EPL with three games left to go. I was into the final of the FA cup and the Semi-FInal of the Champions League. My last fixture was pushed back to the Wednesday for the Semi-Final of the Champions League. The game didn't matter as I was playing 11th place Watford away who could only get to tenth with a win.

My best guess here is that the game knows it shouldn't be moving these fixtures, but is doing so anyway as a failsafe if needed because if they're somehow not played at all before the season reset date it's a total disaster and completely breaks the save. That being said, it could clearly be doing better, and even if it does need to do this because something's gone wrong it should probably move all the fixtures so they're still simultaneous.

You could be right.  I checked the FA Cup Final date as well and that was 18th May so that wouldn't even have interfered if either Palace or Arsenal had contested it. In previous FM's I had seen the other way around with fixture congestion due to the Cup Finals but now as IRL the Europa League and CL Finals are way beyond the end of the season, in fact IMO far too delayed dates wise so much so your players must lose match fitness, but this doesn't explain moving one fixture.  It wasn't even televised so I just can't see the logic behind it.

I've seen this happen once or twice in FM19, from what I can tell, it happens when there is too many rearranged games from one team as result of  going  reasonably far in all the cups, and in every case I've seen, being at the Club World Championships in December. If there isn't enough time to fit in all the games within the calendar it seems to just tack the last one on at the end.

On 01/08/2019 at 09:02, Spurs08 said:

You're correct - all 38 games should be played simultaneously barring hugely exceptional circumstances. The entire Tottenham team being ill famously wasn't enough as you'll probably remember! The only time a game every got moved was when they thought they'd found a bomb inside Old Trafford at the last minute and had to evacuate and call in the counter-terrorist experts.

It was a pretend bomb to be fair - it had been left there by the counter-terrorism experts during a drill a few days before.

Don't think that was a final-day fixture though. 

All 10 PL games played on the final day, should all kick off at the same time unless in exceptional circumstances - such Police advice for safety.

Edited by Snorks

14 hours ago, Sussex Hammer said:

Thing is though there is no earthly reason why it can't be played on the last Sunday as neither were playing anyone else that day!!

Hmm. Then yeah, that’s a bug.

6 hours ago, Snorks said:

Don't think that was a final-day fixture though.

Yes it was. It was against Bournemouth. A few of my mates are Bournemouth fans who travelled up for the game. A lot of people couldn’t make the rearranged fixture cos it was on a Tuesday in the end.

Edited by gunner86