Football Manager 2012 not working in Win 10

Dear friends,

After a recent Windows 10 update, the Football Manager 2012 - which I still love and play often - has stopped working. Steam is giving different error codes at the launch and I could not get any help from Steam or SEGA. Could this still be fixed, so I could continue playing?

Have you tried running the program in Win 7 Compatibility mode

Right click exe file or desktop icon > select compatibility tab > tick compatibility mode icon and select an older windows version

H

2 hours ago, MargusL said:

Dear friends,

After a recent Windows 10 update, the Football Manager 2012 - which I still love and play often - has stopped working. Steam is giving different error codes at the launch and I could not get any help from Steam or SEGA. Could this still be fixed, so I could continue playing?

I just downloaded it and its fine … Also on Windows 10  ….. Have you tried to reinstall it ? Or delete your Cache file so go to C:Drive\Users\Then find Your Computer name \AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010 . You will see a cache file . Delete the cache file and start your game

Thank you for the replies. The compatibility mode was suggested by SEGA as well, the change did not help. And for the second suggestion, now when I did delete the file, it still does not open and Steam replies with the same error. And I then tried to find it online and download it again from some source, installed it and it still did not work... :(

Playing old games on W10 is problematic. I’ve managed to get a number of games which aren’t supported to run but failed with some others. In my experience there is no single way that works but it’s a matter of trial and error. I would suggest an internet search along the lines of “how to play old games on Windows 10.” Then try out the various options that people suggest.

I don’t know if FM12 has to have the disk inserted into the computer in order to run (I’m guessing not as you mention Steam) but if it does you may find it beneficial to run the game from an ISO image rather than the physical disk.

50 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

Playing old games on W10 is problematic. I’ve managed to get a number of games which aren’t supported to run but failed with some others. In my experience there is no single way that works but it’s a matter of trial and error. I would suggest an internet search along the lines of “how to play old games on Windows 10.” Then try out the various options that people suggest.

I don’t know if FM12 has to have the disk inserted into the computer in order to run (I’m guessing not as you mention Steam) but if it does you may find it beneficial to run the game from an ISO image rather than the physical disk.

I have played 10 11 12 etc without the discs .

Have your tried WinXP in compatibility mode?

Alternatively there is a a technical issues forum you could log it there

The fact another advised he downloaded Fm12 and it worked with W10 gives hope. I would try

1. Compatibility mode as WinXp

2 If no joy Ensure you have several saves secured that you created recently then uninstall from steam then re-install

3. If no joy raise in technical issues forum

Archived