4-1-4-1 dm wide striker

Looking for a bit of help to get richarlison scoring the tactic itself seems to be good overachieving just behind arsenal and Chelsea for 5/4th spot. I’m trying to get my striker scoring as I want him to be the main source of goals. Also I know I have a lack of instructions but that’s due to mentality changes and the effects it has so for example when I’m on cautious I’ll up the tempo and maybe press more depending on team I’m up against. The team I got up is a bit rotated so it’s not all my starters but the goals I tend to get a lot of is long shots and some set pieces (which is expected with siguosson) I’m looking more for good crosses into richarlison and through balls or even just short passes to him around the area but it hardly ever happens, I will get the occasional cross but that’s like 1 in 7 which is quite disappointing considering bernard has 16 crossing and digne has 15. Any help would be appreciated :)

F6B3936F-D849-4C11-9D60-198CB7BACE6C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Breezybaby1 said:

Looking for a bit of help to get richarlison scoring the tactic itself seems to be good overachieving just behind arsenal and Chelsea for 5/4th spot

If you have a tactic that generally works well for you and is producing good results, changing it just for the sake of a single player can be a very risky idea. So better be careful what you wish for.

People can of course give you different suggestions as to what you could do (try), but the question is what if following those suggestions actually lead to better performances by Richarlison, but at the same time worse results for the team overall.

13 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

If you have a tactic that generally works well for you and is producing good results, changing it just for the sake of a single player can be a very risky idea. So better be careful what you wish for.

People can of course give you different suggestions as to what you could do (try), but the question is what if following those suggestions actually lead to better performances by Richarlison, but at the same time worse results for the team overall.

I agree with that the question is more that I haven’t been able to figure out lone strikers honestly in terms of scoring and it would just be nice to get him scoring with all being well we finish the season strong and I can bring in a more natural and clinical striker I’d like him to score goals but affect the play in terms of like a Harry Kane lewandowksi type way and I know richarlison isn’t quite that just yet but I’m not sure if it’s down to tactics or just the quality of players I have right now. I also get this thing where we can get good delivery’s In the box but instead of volleying or bringing it down (when they do have the time) it’s a tame header off or on target 

3 hours ago, Breezybaby1 said:

F6B3936F-D849-4C11-9D60-198CB7BACE6C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Breezybaby1 said:

the question is more that I haven’t been able to figure out lone strikers honestly in terms of scoring and it would just be nice to get him scoring with all being well we finish the season strong and I can bring in a more natural and clinical striker

First look at your tactic. Your only in-possession instructions is play out of defence. No transition instructions, and prevent short GKD as the only defensive instruction. And cautious mentality. So your style of play is for the most part undefined. Then look at roles and duties. Both wide forwards are wingers, only on different duties, and your left back is a FB on attack. This means that you are overly relying on crosses, which is a pretty speculative way of creating chances. Then in the midfield you have a mezzala on support, who is supposed to create something out of nothing in the final third, but given that you play on a low-risk mentality, he will rarely have enough teammates in the areas where they could pose an effective goal-scoring threat. And on top of that, you don't even use counter-attacks in transition (the "Counter" TI), to at least encourage more players to move forward when a decent opportunity occurs.

The point is that the problem is not in your striker himself, but the lack of support that would allow him to be more effective. Buying a better striker will mean little if the tactic remains same.

So you first need to define how exactly you want to play, which has to take into account the abilities of your players. Everton is a good team, so I don't see why would you play so defensive style of football in the first place. I mean, my Brighton is considerably weaker than Everton, but my tactic - while basically more defensive than attacking - is still a lot more adventurous and attack-minded than yours. 

4 hours ago, Breezybaby1 said:

I’m trying to get my striker scoring as I want him to be the main source of goals. Also I know I have a lack of instructions but that’s due to mentality changes and the effects it has so for example when I’m on cautious I’ll up the tempo and maybe press more depending on team I’m up against.

Having few instructions is perfectly fine, no need to add anything unless you want it. As for the striker not scoring, my advice would be to give him varied support. You have a deep runner, the mezzala, that's great. You have a winger on the left who will cross the ball and dribble down the line, that's one type of support. But try to give him another type of support from the right, you can choose from a wide range of roles: I would go with an inside forward on support, but the other ones could also work.

11 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

First look at your tactic. Your only in-possession instructions is play out of defence. No transition instructions, and prevent short GKD as the only defensive instruction. And cautious mentality. So your style of play is for the most part undefined. Then look at roles and duties. Both wide forwards are wingers, only on different duties, and your left back is a FB on attack. This means that you are overly relying on crosses, which is a pretty speculative way of creating chances. Then in the midfield you have a mezzala on support, who is supposed to create something out of nothing in the final third, but given that you play on a low-risk mentality, he will rarely have enough teammates in the areas where they could pose an effective goal-scoring threat. And on top of that, you don't even use counter-attacks in transition (the "Counter" TI), to at least encourage more players to move forward when a decent opportunity occurs.

The point is that the problem is not in your striker himself, but the lack of support that would allow him to be more effective. Buying a better striker will mean little if the tactic remains same.

So you first need to define how exactly you want to play, which has to take into account the abilities of your players. Everton is a good team, so I don't see why would you play so defensive style of football in the first place. I mean, my Brighton is considerably weaker than Everton, but my tactic - while basically more defensive than attacking - is still a lot more adventurous and attack-minded than yours. 

Ok I see I sometimes put one of the wingers on inside forward (s/a) and my thought with the mezzala was just to be a runner from midfield I was thinking maybe him and the winger would link up and I’m pretty defensive because although my team is better than Brighton I seem to concede a lot of goals so this is why I I set it up that way I’m guessing a inside forward support and a attack duty from midfield would be better for richarlison to link up. And I’m not going to change the tactic yet just trying to figure out how to get a lone striker going one of the biggest mysteries for me. Now I normally play on positive mentality which has slightly higher tempo by default and I want to play short passing but I also don’t want my players missing out on the through ball if it’s on or am I just thinking of everything in isolation? 

5 minutes ago, robot_skeleton said:

Having few instructions is perfectly fine, no need to add anything unless you want it. As for the striker not scoring, my advice would be to give him varied support. You have a deep runner, the mezzala, that's great. You have a winger on the left who will cross the ball and dribble down the line, that's one type of support. But try to give him another type of support from the right, you can choose from a wide range of roles: I would go with an inside forward on support, but the other ones could also work.

Yes that was my thinking that or having to midfielders running up but thinking how that will affect my play 

There are pretty much two ways you will provide goals for your striker here. The main one is crosses. So how good is your striker at scoring those? With two wingers and no advanced movement from your midfield, you will likely see a lot of play funnelled down the flanks. The second is likely long balls over the top. Which may work better for your team actually how you have set up. 

My question for you is what is the Mez(s) actually doing? What is his purpose in your team and could he be doing something more useful to support the striker or the winger? 

2 hours ago, Breezybaby1 said:

Ok I see I sometimes put one of the wingers on inside forward (s/a) and my thought with the mezzala was just to be a runner from midfield I was thinking maybe him and the winger would link up and I’m pretty defensive because although my team is better than Brighton I seem to concede a lot of goals so this is why I I set it up that way I’m guessing a inside forward support and a attack duty from midfield would be better for richarlison to link up. And I’m not going to change the tactic yet just trying to figure out how to get a lone striker going one of the biggest mysteries for me. Now I normally play on positive mentality which has slightly higher tempo by default and I want to play short passing but I also don’t want my players missing out on the through ball if it’s on or am I just thinking of everything in isolation? 

Yes, it seems so - you are looking at things in isolation. Btw, making so big changes to the tactic is hardly going to help. You can be defensively solid on higher mentalities if you set up other elements of the tactic in the right way. And vice versa - you can play on a very low mentality and still concede a lot.

15 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

There are pretty much two ways you will provide goals for your striker here. The main one is crosses. So how good is your striker at scoring those? With two wingers and no advanced movement from your midfield, you will likely see a lot of play funnelled down the flanks. The second is likely long balls over the top. Which may work better for your team actually how you have set up. 

My question for you is what is the Mez(s) actually doing? What is his purpose in your team and could he be doing something more useful to support the striker or the winger? 

My thought was that the mezzala was going to be the advanced movement from midfield that he was going to be supporting the striker 

2 minutes ago, Breezybaby1 said:

My thought was that the mezzala was going to be the advanced movement from midfield that he was going to be supporting the striker 

A mezzala can support the striker, but he - like any other role - needs to be integrated into the system in a proper way. Andre Gomes played for me in FM18 in my Spurs save (albeit in a 4231) as a rotational player, and he has the attributes to be a decent mezzala (unless he deteriorated as a player too much in the meantime). In order to tell you how you could provide better support to the striker, I would need to analyze your players to see how optimally they can be fit into your 4141DM Wide system. For now, I can only give you some general idea to think about. For example, this is one possible way to set up a 4141dm wide (but not necessarily the one that will suit your players):

DLFat

IFat                                  Wsu

DLPsu    MEZat

HB/ACM

WBsu     CDde    CDde    IWBsu

SKsu

And this is just a potential setup of roles and duties. So what about mentality and team instructions (bear in mind that mentality affects other settings). For example, you may start with Balanced mentality and a few basic instructions until you see how the team behaves on the pitch and then - based on that - decide if and what kind of tweaks would be needed. Again, just an idea:

- play out of defence, higher tempo, overlap left

- counter, distribute to CBs and FBs

- higher DL, standard LOE, use tighter marking (optionally prevent short GKD)

Player instructions can also be a useful tool to fine-tune a tactic. For example, you can tell the AML/IFat to roam from position (just an example), to encourage more movement from him in the final third (but here you need to look at his attributes such as off the ball, decisions, anticipation).

Btw, I'm not sure if a DLF is the right role for Richarlison (or that he is the right player for that kind of role). 

5 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

A mezzala can support the striker, but he - like any other role - needs to be integrated into the system in a proper way. Andre Gomes played for me in FM18 in my Spurs save (albeit in a 4231) as a rotational player, and he has the attributes to be a decent mezzala (unless he deteriorated as a player too much in the meantime). In order to tell you how you could provide better support to the striker, I would need to analyze your players to see how optimally they can be fit into your 4141DM Wide system. For now, I can only give you some general idea to think about. For example, this is one possible way to set up a 4141dm wide (but not necessarily the one that will suit your players):

DLFat

IFat                                  Wsu

DLPsu    MEZat

HB/ACM

WBsu     CDde    CDde    IWBsu

SKsu

And this is just a potential setup of roles and duties. So what about mentality and team instructions (bear in mind that mentality affects other settings). For example, you may start with Balanced mentality and a few basic instructions until you see how the team behaves on the pitch and then - based on that - decide if and what kind of tweaks would be needed. Again, just an idea:

- play out of defence, higher tempo, overlap left

- counter, distribute to CBs and FBs

- higher DL, standard LOE, use tighter marking (optionally prevent short GKD)

Player instructions can also be a useful tool to fine-tune a tactic. For example, you can tell the AML/IFat to roam from position (just an example), to encourage more movement from him in the final third (but here you need to look at his attributes such as off the ball, decisions, anticipation).

Btw, I'm not sure if a DLF is the right role for Richarlison (or that he is the right player for that kind of role). 

Yeah richarlison is more if but best I got for the style I want until I can get new players we play good football and introducting a mezzala (a) (sometimes b2b) and a inside forward has helped in support for the striker however it’s the defence that I just can’t seem to get right we can get beat from crosses or sometimes to long punts and they’re in behind and the occasional through ball. Defensive width if I have a wide formation against let’s say a narrow team 442 diamond or 532 would it be better for me to put my width on narrow and just run the risk of letting the wingbacks have fun? 

6 hours ago, Breezybaby1 said:

Defensive width if I have a wide formation against let’s say a narrow team 442 diamond or 532 would it be better for me to put my width on narrow and just run the risk of letting the wingbacks have fun? 

Defensive width is just one of several elements of defending. Width alone - like any other instruction - means little (or even nothing) without other things being taken into account. It's not just about your formations vs. opposition formation. 

21 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Defensive width is just one of several elements of defending. Width alone - like any other instruction - means little (or even nothing) without other things being taken into account. It's not just about your formations vs. opposition formation. 

Of course roles and players then come into a play can you see in my current set up where I’ve gone wrong because duty wise I thought I picked it balanced

duty wise I thought I picked it balanced

Yes, duties are balanced. But the context is missed. Duties are just one element of a tactic. For a tactic to work, everything needs to be set up in a logical way. But before that, you need to know what your players are capable of and then, based on that knowledge, assess how many different styles of football they could play, and then finally choose the one you think is the best. That should be the foundation upon which you'll build tactics.

41 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

Yes, duties are balanced. But the context is missed. Duties are just one element of a tactic. For a tactic to work, everything needs to be set up in a logical way. But before that, you need to know what your players are capable of and then, based on that knowledge, assess how many different styles of football they could play, and then finally choose the one you think is the best. That should be the foundation upon which you'll build tactics.

I’d love to send the player profiles but it won’t allow me too basically my team is solid across the board with only bernard (due to a lack of composure) and Dominic calvert lewin, I’d love to play sigurosson higher up but Andre Gomes has trait get further forward which just counter acts me playing in as a dlp which would then leave me having idrssa running like a headless chicken I want to play fast attacking football then counter away from home. Postive mentality my players always got options and you can see it’s clearly just quality sometimes with a bad decision poor finish and just bad execution etc but on cautious you’d think we’re a relegation team ti stay the same unless I’m up against a big team where I will regroup and maybe take play out of defence off

A41F1D7E-C3E1-42B4-B6D9-00A37329AE38.jpeg

DLF Even on attack Is still a creator role. so if you want your striker to score you could try selecting a more scoring role such as P, PF, AF or if you want a bit of a mix a CF(a) and the look if your mezzala is enough to fill the hole up front behind the striker.

10 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

DLF Even on attack Is still a creator role. so if you want your striker to score you could try selecting a more scoring role such as P, PF, AF or if you want a bit of a mix a CF(a) and the look if your mezzala is enough to fill the hole up front behind the striker.

From what I’ve been reading tho those roles will just end up in isolation so I thought I dlf especially with no cam will be able to get in the game more 

26 minutes ago, Breezybaby1 said:

From what I’ve been reading tho those roles will just end up in isolation so I thought I dlf especially with no cam will be able to get in the game more 

Thats why I said you need to see if the mezzala is enough support on the upper midfield to not get the striker being isolated. those roles do in fact stretch the enemy team which will lead to more space for you to move and the forward being in better scoring positions if not getting isolated so look for enough support. Maybe you can go with an IFs on the opposite side of the mezzala.

56 minutes ago, Breezybaby1 said:

I’d love to send the player profiles but it won’t allow me too basically my team is solid across the board with only bernard (due to a lack of composure) and Dominic calvert lewin, I’d love to play sigurosson higher up but Andre Gomes has trait get further forward which just counter acts me playing in as a dlp which would then leave me having idrssa running like a headless chicken I want to play fast attacking football then counter away from home. Postive mentality my players always got options and you can see it’s clearly just quality sometimes with a bad decision poor finish and just bad execution etc but on cautious you’d think we’re a relegation team ti stay the same unless I’m up against a big team where I will regroup and maybe take play out of defence off

A41F1D7E-C3E1-42B4-B6D9-00A37329AE38.jpeg

I quite like this tactic, maybe the last thing - role-wise - would be to consider a more attacking role/duty for your left fullback, I have the feeling the your tactic could carry that, nice overload on the left so that the wide striker is alone on the right. Btw, the last I checked Richarlison wasn't the best at dribbling, did you consider the raumdauter role? Could really exploit his off the ball movement and finishing.

Edit: on second thought maybe I would leave the fullbacks alone, and as someone else suggested above, flip the mezzala and dlp instead.

They will not end up in isolation if they have sufficient and the right type of support from others, and if each player is given a suitable role. So for example, you can use a poacher as the lone striker in your system, provided you have the right player for the role and the rest of the tactic is set up logically.

2 hours ago, CARRERA said:

Thats why I said you need to see if the mezzala is enough support on the upper midfield to not get the striker being isolated. those roles do in fact stretch the enemy team which will lead to more space for you to move and the forward being in better scoring positions if not getting isolated so look for enough support. Maybe you can go with an IFs on the opposite side of the mezzala.

Any reason for if on opposite side of mezzala 

1 hour ago, robot_skeleton said:

I quite like this tactic, maybe the last thing - role-wise - would be to consider a more attacking role/duty for your left fullback, I have the feeling the your tactic could carry that, nice overload on the left so that the wide striker is alone on the right. Btw, the last I checked Richarlison wasn't the best at dribbling, did you consider the raumdauter role? Could really exploit his off the ball movement and finishing.

Edit: on second thought maybe I would leave the fullbacks alone, and as someone else suggested above, flip the mezzala and dlp instead.

Those are richarlison stats thought they was balanced f

9 minutes ago, Breezybaby1 said:

I feel like that both mezzala and IF are occupieing the same space namely the half spaces. So personally i prefer them on different sides to have both spaces occupied.

3 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

I feel like that both mezzala and IF are occupieing the same space namely the half spaces. So personally i prefer them on different sides to have both spaces occupied.

I guess that would go for the same if I play a ap or am In the amc position when change to a 4231in that formation it would be cm(d) dlp(s) ap/am(s) if(s) w(a) 

12 minutes ago, Breezybaby1 said:

I guess that would go for the same if I play a ap or am In the amc position when change to a 4231in that formation it would be cm(d) dlp(s) ap/am(s) if(s) w(a) 

its a general thing. If you look at your formation, you will basicly see the defensive shape. imagine or try to put around the players where they will stick while on attacking phase and then you can perfectly see wholes open up and where support is missing.

In a 4231 if you decide to go for a attacking AMC you might wanna go with only one holding CM with the other given a bit more space to fill up the AMC place when joining the box. key to score is to either outpace the enemy with speed and passing directness or outnumbering the enemy in his box with moving up your players there by roles and duties. just make sure to provide enough support and backup to supply them and to provide defensive cover.

5 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

its a general thing. If you look at your formation, you will basicly see the defensive shape. imagine or try to put around the players where they will stick while on attacking phase and then you can perfectly see wholes open up and where support is missing.

In a 4231 if you decide to go for a attacking AMC you might wanna go with only one holding CM with the other given a bit more space to fill up the AMC place when joining the box. key to score is to either outpace the enemy with speed and passing directness or outnumbering the enemy in his box with moving up your players there by roles and duties. just make sure to provide enough support and backup to supply them and to provide defensive cover.

Interesting I was always told in a 4231 you have to have 2 holding players since you already got 4 players in attacking strata positions 

1 minute ago, Breezybaby1 said:

Interesting I was always told in a 4231 you have to have 2 holding players since you already got 4 players in attacking strata positions 

yes its the safest (properbly the best) option, but then you have to play with and AMC on support Duty. because if both CM are holding and your AMC is about to attack the box there will be a huge gap with noone in it to supply your AMC and Forward. at least not from a central position. 

3 minutes ago, CARRERA said:

yes its the safest (properbly the best) option, but then you have to play with and AMC on support Duty. because if both CM are holding and your AMC is about to attack the box there will be a huge gap with noone in it to supply your AMC and Forward. at least not from a central position. 

Since I can play a lone striker attacking back to my 4141 dm wide a mezzala (a) inside forward (s) w(s) and possibly one attacking fullback would that be enough to support my striker if I change him to advanced forward? 

59 minutes ago, Breezybaby1 said:

Just because if you flipped them up, you would have a holder (dlp) on the side of your goalscorer. Btw Richarlison's stats are really great, thought he was a bit worse.

1 minute ago, Breezybaby1 said:

Oh one more thing if I was to put a bbm or a cm(a) on inside forward would they still be be conflicting? 

no really, i mean they will but quite close to eacht other from time to time but a BBM or CMa will attack central areas of the pitch while IFs will attack the wide and halfspace.

10 hours ago, Breezybaby1 said:

The only one I can remember is run with ball often and I think run with ball down left when I’m home I’ll let you know 

10 hours ago, Experienced Defender said:

Does he have some traits (PPMs)?

And the last trait is knock ball past opponents. Tweaked my tactics a little with help of the suggestions we create chances and miss a few so disheartening but I guess that’s due to quality but at the back we’re just not solid enough we could clear the ball out lands to them long shot in rinse repeat or just the regular cross into the box. Sometimes set pieces but wouldn’t say that’s a big problem as we’re pretty good at it although when we do concede it’s just silly. Only change I did was change mezzala on opposite side and I change between pf(a) dlf(a) 

5 hours ago, Breezybaby1 said:

And the last trait is knock ball past opponents

Yeah, I've taken a look at his traits in the meantime, as well as other players' profiles, and immediately got an idea how I would play with your team. In my tactic, he would not be a striker, but a winger on attack in AMR. Bernard would be IF on support in AML. And my first-choice striker would be Tosun as a poacher (optionally PF on attack). Really, why don't you use Tosun?

Gomes would remain a mezzala, and would be on attack duty. The other CM would be Davies (BBM). Behind them Gueye as an anchorman. Digne on the left (WBsu), Coleman on the right (IWBde). In short:

PO/PFat

IFu                                     Wat

MEZat    BBM

ACM

WBsu     CDde    CDde    IWBde

SKsu

Balanced / play out of defence, higher tempo, work ball into box, overlap right / counter, distribute to CBs & FBs / higher DL, standard LOE, tighter marking, prevent short GKD

The front three and the mezzala would be told to close down more (split-press). DM and both CMs to mark tighter. Poacher would be allowed to roam from position and told to pass shorter (and occasionally encouraged to shoot more often). Richrlison (AMR/Wat) would be also told to pass shorter (and sometimes to shoot more often). And so on...

Then would come the fine-tuning, of course.

5 hours ago, Breezybaby1 said:

Tweaked my tactics a little with help of the suggestions we create chances and miss a few so disheartening but I guess that’s due to quality but at the back we’re just not solid enough we could clear the ball out lands to them long shot in rinse repeat or just the regular cross into the box. Sometimes set pieces but wouldn’t say that’s a big problem as we’re pretty good at it although when we do concede it’s just silly. Only change I did was change mezzala on opposite side and I change between pf(a) dlf(a) 

Can you post that new tactic?

10 minutes ago, Breezybaby1 said:

Willian Jose is going to lead my line now thinking maybe to put him on support instead though as he has plays with back to goal and comes deep to get ball 

These two traits - considered apart from the rest of the tactic- make it even more logical to play him on attack duty, rather than support. 

Btw, while he can generally play as a CF, in this particular setup a DLF on attack would make more sense IMO. 

13 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

These two traits - considered apart from the rest of the tactic- make it even more logical to play him on attack duty, rather than support. 

Btw, while he can generally play as a CF, in this particular setup a DLF on attack would make more sense IMO. 

Could you explain that comes deep to get ball I can kind of get the point but plays back to goal just kind of defies the purpose with those traits I would of thought it would make more sense to have players running in behind him?  Can you also explain that iwb I see you like recommending that role but I’m to scared to use it as I have no idea what it does. 

Could you explain that comes deep to get ball I can kind of get the point but plays back to goal just kind of defies the purpose with those traits I would of thought it would make more sense to have players running in behind him?

Plays with back to goal is a good trait for a target man, especially on support duty, but it does not mean that you have to play him as a TM. I myself would not play him as a TM, because his attributes are more suitable for a DLF. Now, if he did not have the trait "comes deep...", he could be a very good DLF on support. But given that he does have this trait, it should be counterbalanced by attack duty. He will come deep anyway, but with attack duty his initial positioning will be somewhat higher at least.

Can you also explain that iwb I see you like recommending that role but I’m to scared to use it as I have no idea what it does. 

It's a great role, but I recommend it only if you have the right player. Otherwise, don't use it.

You have the in-game description of all roles, including IWB, and also of all duties that each role involves, so you can read it and see. Basically, IWB behaves like a standard FB in defense, but in attack he tends to occupy more central positions, rather than providing width on the flank. Depending on the duty, IWB can serve as a quasi-DM that covers for a more attack-minded midfielder(s) in front of him, or can even be an attacking threat himself. 

Watch Rashidi's videos on Youtube, he often utilizes an IWB to great effect.

Nothing wrong with this tactic been overachieving for 3 years now thanks for your guys help as well. Now we’re predicted to be 7th and I know my team aren’t as good as the other top 6 even though I’ve been top 6 for 3 years now but against some of these clubs particularly Man City, Liverpool, and Tottenham we struggling to defend so much they create so many chances I’ll end up getting beat by a corner, long shot, defender heading it out for someone to ping it in top bins etc how do I make this more solid or what’s solid defensive instructions so I could be more counter for example or hold on to the slim lead? 

1D9E3D03-30C3-4E5D-AE5A-BD14C6D85476.jpeg

On 17/05/2019 at 17:35, Experienced Defender said:

I’ve used one of the defensive schemes you recommended but I’m getting slaughtered constantly by Valencia nothing I can do to stop them told my cms dm to mark tighter tried going more cautious/balanced but they have my number and we’re the favourites too

48 minutes ago, Breezybaby1 said:

I’ve used one of the defensive schemes you recommended but I’m getting slaughtered constantly by Valencia

I don't know which particular "defensive scheme" you have used, and why you have opted for that particular one. Besides, I provided a few examples that relate solely to the defensive side of the game, but in order to work - they need to be considered in the context of a tactic as a whole, not in isolation. Which I fear is exactly what you failed to do.

38 minutes ago, Breezybaby1 said:

Also they’re pressing us hard but my players can’t find each other so they just boot it up the field which is annoying cause if they could just find that one good pass we’d have them on the back foot

Unless you post your current tactic, I cannot tell you anything specifically.

Btw, if you are Everton, how are you supposed to constantly play against Valencia, which is from an entirely different country ??? Even if you played them in a European competition, it would have been 2 matches only.

30 minutes ago, Experienced Defender said:

I don't know which particular "defensive scheme" you have used, and why you have opted for that particular one. Besides, I provided a few examples that relate solely to the defensive side of the game, but in order to work - they need to be considered in the context of a tactic as a whole, not in isolation. Which I fear is exactly what you failed to do.

Unless you post your current tactic, I cannot tell you anything specifically.

Btw, if you are Everton, how are you supposed to constantly play against Valencia, which is from an entirely different country ??? Even if you played them in a European competition, it would have been 2 matches only.

It’s the same one as the recent picture above and because honestly I met them in group stage now in quarters and I’ve restarted it a couple of times to see where I’m going wrong

The counter attacking one with loe tight marking and counter transition I know it’s not on there but that’s what I done and I get beat in every way imaginable if it wasn’t for my attack I’d definitely be lower down cause I can’t rely on my defenders  

Archived