[FM19] Once dated a girl from the South...

Dev'o

Once dated a girl from the South... 
A Southwick Career

Southwick F.C. logo.png

Met a girl nearly fifteen years ago, together for a few years but it taught me one thing...

Big tits, curly blonde hair and a call girl accent will only get you so far.

The aim of the save

Southwick have never risen beyond the ninth level of the pyramid in the shadow of their bigger and more illustrious neighbour Brighton & Hove Albion. They've got a small 1,450 capacity stadium so there is plenty of room for growth, and I'm hoping to at least get them into the Vanarama leagues before long. 

Short term Goals

- Make the FA Cup round Proper

- Promotion to Level 8

- Promote a regen to 50 matches. (from Season 2)

- Win some lower level silverware.

The rock at the heart of our defence...

wriaHJj.png

At 20 pounds a week, I can only hope that he'll be worth his money, but fits within my 'sign players less than 23 that aren't bollocks' philosophy.

Amusingly, he's shades ahead of my next defender now apparently who falls to 1.5 CA :|

July 2019

ep3DYoP.png

It's taken a while to get the squad together, with everyone over the age of 35 throwing themselves at the club, and only Owen Roberts coming into the side. Toby Lovegrove has been great and the 16 year old will definitely be one to watch this season for us. Other than that, just a stock standard July, with just one friendly remaining (oddly after our season begins on 4th August!)

We kick off the season at home to Steyning Town before welcoming AFC Darwen to Old Barn Way (yes that's the name of the pitch) in the FA Cup Extra preliminary round. Win that, and we're a win away from the quali rounds. Win that and we're three wins from the competition proper.

Southwick haven't qualified for the FA Cup since 1975, so let's aim to end that drought.

Southwick have made it to Level 7 in the late 80's/early 90's. They reached 3rd place in the Isthmian Division One which was the same level as today's Isthmian Premier.

Also thanks for starting a game with my club!

21 hours ago, Dan BHTFC said:

Southwick have made it to Level 7 in the late 80's/early 90's. They reached 3rd place in the Isthmian Division One which was the same level as today's Isthmian Premier.

Also thanks for starting a game with my club!

Thanks for the heads up Dan! My source was incorrect - sorry! Hopefully you'll be following along.

19 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Good luck Dev.

Thanks Nobby!

August 2019

j95VYxL.png

It's been an interesting first month at the helm of Southwick.

I've been forced to make do with a rag-tag group of players who just don't want to leave the club - luckily some of them are half decent.

Lovegrove and Coulson have led the line strongly, with Hall putting in a good shift in midfield in a 4-4-2 formation.

Our FA Cup dreams come to an end with a loss against Level 7 side Hartley Wintney, but we put up a good fight and even opened the scoring before they plundered three past us.

That said a promising start, but we're definitely going to need to offload some of these players as there is no longer an FA cup run to pay for them!

September

XLwmtp6.png

image.thumb.png.c6a4e3c1c2147e517ef1ece7862b2225.png

We're not top of the league anymore, but we have two games in hand and are still undefeated. 

Simon Hall is a revelation in midfield and Coulson has formed a strong partnership with both Dan Smith and David Graham who I've brought in from the Southern Combination Premier Division.

We're out of the Peter Bentley Cup, but we're snared a first round berth in the FA Vase, which has so far netted us just shy of 2,000 pounds for the kitty.

October 2018
A Flawless Month

UkSeVfj.png

We've had another solid few weeks with Dan Smith stepping up in the forward line and Paul Coulson again chipping in here and there.

One of our young guns, Toby Lovegrove returned from a groin tear and has been pushing the forwards for a position in the starting eleven.

Simon Hall is a revelation with six goals from 11 starts in the league, and Gareth Close leads the league in assists.

But best of all, we're very much top of the table with two games in hand and if we keep this form up we might just snare an unlikely promotion.

image.thumb.png.6299c769f00232d0c07c8b5cc4609b4d.png

Sorry the updates have been so few and far between, but the Level 14 DB runs rather slowly atm, and I have it running all the way down to L14.

@Dan BHTFC do you know if reducing the leagues to Level 10 mid-game breaks the file? As it would make updates a lot quicker as of next season!

2 hours ago, Dev'o said:

October 2018
A Flawless Month

UkSeVfj.png

We've had another solid few weeks with Dan Smith stepping up in the forward line and Paul Coulson again chipping in here and there.

One of our young guns, Toby Lovegrove returned from a groin tear and has been pushing the forwards for a position in the starting eleven.

Simon Hall is a revelation with six goals from 11 starts in the league, and Gareth Close leads the league in assists.

But best of all, we're very much top of the table with two games in hand and if we keep this form up we might just snare an unlikely promotion.

image.thumb.png.6299c769f00232d0c07c8b5cc4609b4d.png

Sorry the updates have been so few and far between, but the Level 14 DB runs rather slowly atm, and I have it running all the way down to L14.

@Dan BHTFC do you know if reducing the leagues to Level 10 mid-game breaks the file? As it would make updates a lot quicker as of next season!

It shouldn't break the game

2 hours ago, Dev'o said:

I know Dan has already answered but I have done precisely this on my save file and it hasn't broken it (more than it always was).

Love the description that you're bleeding a nintendo switch a week, should definitely be a new unit of currency (e.g Mesut Ozil is paid 1,400 switches a week)

1 hour ago, ManUtd1 said:

You had me from the big ti--

I mean, uhhh.  Yeah.  So...

Kidding aside, fantastic start, man.

Well, she did have a great pair mate. Glad you're on board. That makes you season ticket number #3 right? :P

33 minutes ago, sourgrapes11 said:

I know Dan has already answered but I have done precisely this on my save file and it hasn't broken it (more than it always was).

Love the description that you're bleeding a nintendo switch a week, should definitely be a new unit of currency (e.g Mesut Ozil is paid 1,400 switches a week)

Thanks @Dan BHTFC and @sourgrapes11 - i'll definitely be looking into this come seasons end!

As for a unit of currency, maybe something even more menial like 1,400 three month rego renewals?

5 minutes ago, WillHoward42 said:

Good luck with this! Does that make me number 6?

How many to go to break the attendance record?!

Record attendance is 2,000 when they played Maidstone in 1986 in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round Third replay

Archived