The Pentagon Youth Challenge - Tequila Mockingbird

B.W.G

September 2025

Fixtures

vYy15U9.png?1

League Table

rCgvAn0.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The most important thing of the month was getting revenge on Al-Ahly as we beat them in the Egyptian Super Cup to become the first team to beat them this season.Got to give credit to TP Mazembe as they made us fight in both games as we went through to the group stage with a 5-2 aggregate victory.Progressed in the Egyptian Cup against Ghazl Shebin,I fielded a very strong team so the scoreline wasn't that surprising.Won both games in the league as we try to keep the pressure up on Al-Ahly who are being annoyingly good.

Four games in October,three in the league and one in the Egyptian Cup.In the league we face Ismaily,Petrojet and Al-Gaish,we need to match or better Al-Ahly's results as them having any sort of lead is bad for the rest of us.We have another easier tie in the Egyptian Cup as we face third division side Al-Hamol,I will treat them like any other team and will be fielding a strong team to give us the best chance as possible to get through.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

October 2025

Fixtures

eherFLh.png?1

League Table

Rya36Om.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Would have been the perfect month results wise if they didn't move the Zamalek game forward a day,we won three out of four in the league as we moved to the top of the table as Al-Ahly lost to Wadi Degla and Zamalek but we have played a game more than Al-Ahly.We carried on with our progress in the Egyptian Cup as we beat Al-Hamol 5-0 to move onto the 4th round.

November sees us play five matches,four in the league and one in the Champions League.In the league we play Wadi Degla,Arab Contractors,Nogoom and Al-Ahly,that is terrible scheduling as we face 2nd,3rd and 6th in the space of month,we were also suppose to play Zamalek but that got moved forwards so it really is a hellish period.In the Champions League we face Asante Kotoko,it will be a tough match but we will see what we can do against them as the group.My aim is to come out the month relatively unharmed with regars to facing three of the top six,beat Nogoom and gain a positive result against Asante Kotoko.

November 2025

Fixtures

pKSV1S2.png?1

League Table

N9t01BM.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

A brilliant month as we picked up ten points from twelve as we finished the month in first place in the league.Was undecided to know which was the highlight of the month as we beat Al-Ahly 5-1 (record between both teams is 6-0-6) or the 4-4 draw against Arab Contractors which actually saw us 4-1 down at half time.We also made a brilliant start to the group stage of the Champions League with a hard fought 3-1 victory against Asante Kotoko.

Seven games in December as we play four league games,two Champions League game and a Egyptian Cup game.In the league we face Olympic Alexandria,El Gouna,Tanta and Ceramica Cleopatra,pretty straight forward games with exception to the El Gouna game as they are a top half side.In the Champions League we face Kano Pillars and Club Africain,those two games are the most difficult games of the month,if we can pick up four points then I'll be happy.In the Egyptian Cup,we were fortunate enough to draw another third division side as we face Shabab Tala,once again I will field a strong side as a sign of respect to them.

December 2025

Fixtures

wiUDEFL.png?1

League Table

ntLnomc.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Perfection in the league as we won every game but they were generally some of the weaker teams in the league,we have a four point lead at the top but that could disappear if Al-Ahly win every game as that will put them on the same points as us.We picked up four points in the Champions League which keeps us top of the group on the same points as Club Africain.Had another straight forward win in the Egyptian Cup as we beat another third division side so I am expecting the ties to get a bit more difficult now.

Four games in January as we play three in the league and one in the Egyptian Cup.In the league we face Al-Masry,Haras El-Hodoud and ENPPI,Al-Masry and Haras El-Hodoud are two of the teams to have taken points off us so they cannot be underestimated,ENPPI are a mid-table side but with it being a home tie,that should actually give us a slight advantage.In the cup we face Haras El-Hodoud,this will be a difficult game in comparison to what I have had but hopefully we can progress as we look to win the competition for a third straight season.

zWGoWmY.png?1

Well I'll be damned,the FA does actually reverse decisions,just as well as Gomaa is on international duty along with nine others so I need every decent player for the remainder of the month!

January 2026

Fixtures

P2QJPo5.png?1

League Table

WkTuAZ3.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well the league took a weird turn for us,my strongest team lost against Al-Masry which was a annoyance,players left for the African Championship of Nations and my leftovers managed to win the next two league games as well as beat Haras El-Hodoud in the Egyptian Cup.To give an example of how many players have gone,Omae Ashraf is my 6th choice striker as the first three are on international duty and the 4th is out on loan because of my stupidity.Pleased to see we are still top but not sure if I can keep this up the players I have left at my disposal.

Five games in February as we play two league games,two champions league games and a Egyptian Cup match.In the league we face Pyramids and Al-Gaish,we should beat Al-Gaish but I'm on the fence about Pyramids as it depends on when my players are back.In the Champions League we face Asante Kotoko and Kano Pillars,if we can pick up four points from these games then that will sees us through to the quarter finals.We play Smouha in the Egyptian Cup quarter finals,we will need to play to our best if we are to progress.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - Youth Intake - 2025/26

The Intake

PV4WKaC.png?1

The Hot Prospects

0DV0K3I.png?1

PoFCVrJ.png?1

fLgLoMZ.png?1

CKYdtGf.png?1

Special Mention

uyaYbML.png?1

411GPDe.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

This has been one of the most frustrating youth intakes ever due to a couple of incidents last season where I let two go who were then snapped up by Al-Ahly after I was told they were never going to make it.This time around I have had to go through 336 reports (21 coach reports for 16 players) which has been very tedious,the only guarantee I can make is that Abo Hadid will be in the first team next season as backup right back.The other three I picked are the ones who have a constant rating from the assistant manager and coaches.

A lot of the these players who are rated at 2* on the candidate list seem to very between 1.5* PA and 4.5* PA so some may make it and some won't.Ottley actually falls into this category as he was rated as low as 1.5* PA by a fitness coach but 4* PA from an attacking coach!

Edited by B.W.G

February 2026

Fixtures

1urXB4N.png?1

League Table

GrQQZHy.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The perfect month as we won every game which saw us maintain top position saw us stay top of the table due to having played more games than Al-Ahly,secure qualification in the Champions League and progress in the Egyptian Cup.I'm very pleased with how we have played since we lost in the league in January but it is quite worrying that I can lose top spot if Al-Ahly win both games despite losing twice all season in the league!

March brings us five games,three in the league,one in the Champions League and one in the Egyptian Cup.In the league we face Smouha,Ismaily and Petrojet,these games should be relatively straight forward as we have a stronger team and higher morale which could help play a factor in things to come but we need to win to keep the pressure on at the top.In the Champions League we face Club Africain,if we win or draw against them then we are top,if we lose they top the group.The Egyptian Cup sees us face ENNPI in the semi-final which is a massive surprise as they beat Al-Ahly in the quarter finals!

March 2026

Fixtures

A1zgIts.png?1

League Table

BuUP6tP.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

This has been the worse month for quite a while,we started off with a win in the league and a win over Club Africain to clinch top spot in the group stage of the Champions League then everything went downhill from their.We failed to convert our chances against Ismaily,we lost to ENPPI in the Egyptian Cup in which we weren't helped by having a player sent off and eventually lost in extra time and more misses galore against Petrojet saw our lead at the top reduced to two points with seven left to play.Absolute frustration at the end of the month.

April is a month from hell as we face Zamalek,Wadi Degla,Arab Contractors and Nogoom in the league and have a double header against Wydad Casablanca in the Champions League.Nogoom is by far the easiest game which we should win but I am going to need wins against the other three as the league is now our best chance of a trophy but Zamalek will be hard to score against as there defence has been phenomenal.Wydad Casablanca were the runners up last season in the Champions League so they will be extremely tough but my focus is on the league now as I want that title!

hWRp9qk.png?1

Second successive title race and possibly another title decider against Al-Ahly,we have the hardest run in of the three while Al-Ahly have the easiest,hopefully we won''t bottle it this time.

April 2026

Fixtures

YxWP1rL.png?1

League Table

DZ6GX2O.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The perfect month as we won every league game which leaves us with a four point lead over Al-Ahly with three games to go as Al-Ahly dropped points against Pyramids (drew 0-0) and that gives us room to mess up one match but I hope it won't come to that.We performed brilliantly against Wydad Casablanca as we went through with a 12-2 aggregate victory which meant we met the expectations of reaching the semi-final of the Champions League.The semi-final first leg against Orlando Pirates saw us outclassed as we lost 2-0 which leaves us with a bit of a mountain to climb in the second leg!

May is a the final month of the season and we have a minimum of five games left to play.The least important of these is the Egyptian Cup 3rd place playoff match against Nogoom,I may may have lost to ENPPI in the semi-final but Nogoom lost to a second division side!The Champions League sees us at home against Orlando Pirates,we have it all to do as we have to overturn a two goal deficit if we are to move onto the final where the winners face Al-Ahly or Club Africiain.In the league,we face Olympic Alexandria,Al-Ahly and El Gouna,if we can win two of the three then we are champions so I'll be aiming to beat Olympic Alexandria and El Gouna as they are the easier two but it will be much sweeter if we can do it against Al-Ahly after last season.

0bqGpFY.png?1

How to overturn a 2-0 deficit,we will now face Al-Ahly in a two legged affair in the final,it just had to be Al-Ahly didn't it!

The downside to this is that Omar Gomaa is out and will actually miss the start of next season due to a broken ankle and is out for five months.

Edited by B.W.G

May 2026

Fixtures

fdKRb1a.png?1

League Table

MiODhx0.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well I be damned,we lost to Al-Ahly twice and still walk out with the treble as I beat the two weaker teams I was facing in Olympic Alexandria and El Gouna while I won the Champions League title on away goals as I won 2-1 in the first leg but lost the second leg 3-2,what a way to win the Champions League title!I also won the third place playoff in the Egyptian Cup but I am not really bothered by that.

End of Season update to come then it's onto my final season at Qena as I want a shot at the Club World Cup.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - End of Season - 2025/26

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Nine players released,five out on loan in which some will be being released at a future date and one notable transfer.Magdy had one year left on his contract,we couldn't afford what he wanted and we had no choice but to sell him on for £375k plus add ons,with these add ons is 30% of profit made of his next sale,considering he is now worth £6 million,Qena could end up making quite a bit of money.

Competitions

Egyptian Premier League - Winners

q0jeXja.png?1

We finally conquered the continued domination of Al-Ahly as we pipped them to the title as the title race lasted to the last game of the season.I was nervous the last game of the season as anything less than a win would have dropped us to second,thankfully EL Gouna were terrible in that match.We set a new record for goals scored but we were massively helped by Ceramica Cleopatra being terrible as we beat them 13-0.

African Champions League - Winners

1g9us0U.png?1

We beat Garde Republicain 25-0 on aggregate in the Premliminary round before dispatching TP Mazembe in the first round with a 5-2 aggregate win.We topped our group with a record of 5-1-0 which contained Club Africain,Kano Pillars and Asante Kotoko.We knocked out Wydad Casablanca 12-2 on aggregate in the quarter-finals before we knocked out Orlando Pirates out in the semi-final with a 8-3 aggregate win,the tie saw us overturn a 2-0 deficit.As for the final itself,we were strong in the first leg which gave us a deserved win but we were extremely lucky in the second leg as we lost the second leg 3-2 as we held on to clinch the champions league title on away goals.

Egyptian Cup - 3rd Place

fRLiY4S.png?1

We beat Ghazl Shebin,Al-Hamol,Shaba Tala,Haras El-Hodoud and Smouha en-route to the semi-final.As for the semi-final,we lost to ENPPI 5-2 after extra time,we were not helped by the sending off in inury time as I had no subs left to make and had to try and re-arrange things as I went along and it went wrong.As for the third place playoff,we easily beat Nogoom.

African Super Cup - Runner's Up

faY0tVC.png?1

On the wrong side of a thriller of a match,no complaints off me as Al-Ahly did enough to edge it.

Egyptian Super Cup - Winners

UCGcZGn.png?1

Surprised we won this to be honest as we played the majority of the match with ten men,the winner came against the run of play so Al-Ahly have every right to feel aggrieved.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Awards - Best XI

The Team

Mohamed El Sayyed

Ibrahim Younes

Ahmed Sobhy

Alaa Aly

Manager's Thoughts

I'm really surprised to come out of the season with a treble and even more so with the way it happened,we held our nerve in the league as we clinched the title on the last day after losing to Al-Ahly in the penultimate game of the season.The Champions League was even more of a surprise as we were hanging on with pretty much everyone defending for our lives as we won the title on away goals.Africa is now complete but I will be leaving Egypt at the end of the 26/27 season before moving to Mexico as I want a shot at the Club World Cup.We are now regarded as the second biggest club.....behind Al-Ahly......god damn them!

On the finance and facility side of things,we have £6.8 million in the bank which is more than enough to get more upgrades right across the board,so training and youth facilities will be upgraded along with junior coaching and youth recruitment if the chairman let's me.Two of our four sponsorship deals are ending but I am expecting an increase as we are now at a continental reputation which should help give the club recognition to a wider audience.Least I know when I leave,the club will be in a very good position for quite a long time.One more season then it is time to say goodbye to Qena.

Season        League	    Position     Cup	    Continental	     TF          YF          JC	           YR         Avg.Att
2018/19	   Third Division     1st     3rd Round	       N/A          Poor         Poor       Minimal      Limited        268
2019/20   Second Division     2nd     4th Round        N/A          Poor         Poor       Minimal      Limited        462
2020/21   Second Division     2nd      Quarters        N/A          Poor         Poor       Minimal      Limited        492
2021/22   Second Division     1st     5th Round        N/A          Poor         Poor       Minimal      Limited        541
2022/23    Premier League     4th      Quarters        N/A          Basic        Poor       F.Basic       Basic        1601
2023/24    Premier League     3rd      Winners         N/A        B.Average      Basic      Average      F.Basic       2118
2024/25    Premier League     3rd      Winners       Winners       Adequate    B.Average    Adequate     Average       5836
2025/26    Premier League     1st       Third        Winners       Average      Adequate     Good       A.Average      6585

Edited by B.W.G

Commercial Summary

wIPPi1S.png?1

Nice to see improvements in near enough every part,not sure what happened to the TV deal to be down £1k.The fans are also heathens for not having Alaa Aly in the top five names on the shirt.

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - Pre- Season - 2026/27

Season Preview - Competition Expectations

Transfers - Released

Seven players released and that is it,they were never going to make it while I'm here/There might be loans in the near future but negotiating is still on going but for permanent,this is it.

Pre-Season Fixtures

TEKVoWS.png?1

Surprisingly straight forward considering we played Young Boys and Sparta Praha (Sparta Prague).Pleased with how things went but we are still lacking in fitness.

The Team and Key Players

The Team

NFjieC8.png?1

hxRpUXB.png?1

uPik1BB.png?1

YoH3OFj.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Was a relatively easy pre-season to deal with exception to one thing and that was my goalkeeper Osama Farouk.Farouk has caused so much trouble during pre-season due to wanting another new contract after he signed one at the end of last season,he also went public about me rejecting a move which made no sense to me financially,his punishment is being dropped to the reserves in which only two players out my entire team disagreed with what I did and they soon changed their mind after a meeting.Other then dealing with him constantly,everything else was perfect other than the odd injury.

A clean sweep regarding facilities as the chairman agreed to upgrade the training and youth facilities and he agreed to up junior coaching and youth recruitment.Even with all this being done,it still leaves us with £4.4 million in the bank as we were given another sponsor (just says general) which last three seasons.Almost all the players are raring to go in what is my last season here,in a weird twist of fate my last league game with Qena is against Al-Ahly!

Edited by B.W.G

August 2026

Fixtures

WSF6wlo.png?1

League Table

hJXmIVg.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

This was the perfect month as we won every game.We sit top with a 100% record but it's just goal difference separating us and Al-Ahly as they also won all five games.We won the African Super Cup with a thrilling 6-4 victory over ES Tunis,boy was I glad when the 6th goal went in.We made progress in the Champions League as we beat Centre Chiefs 18-0 on aggregate in the Preliminary Round.

Six games in September.We face Haras El-Hodoud and Zamalek in the league,we face ENPPI in the Egyptian Super Cup  in which I hope we get payback on them for the Egyptian Cup defeat last season.We kick off our Egyptian Campaign against third division side Al-Tahir,there will be no mercy shown by me.In the Champions League,we have a two legged tie against Zambian side Power Dynamos,we should be able to win that with very little trouble.My aim is to carry on as we started.

September 2026

Fixtures

Kjy1uwy.png?1

League Table

O7aA8Vy.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Cup wise it was a brilliant month as we won the Egyptian Cup against ENPPI in convincing fashion,progressed in the Egyptian Cup with an 8-0 win against Al-Tahir while we secured our group stage participation in the Champions League with a 10-1 aggregate win over Power Dynamos.As for the league,we picked up one point from six which has left us in third and left me cursing my attackers as so far,we are having to deal with a juggernaut version of Al-Ahly but we do have a game in hand so we can close the gap.

Six games in October as we play five league games and a Egyptian Cup game.In the league we face Telephonat Beni Suef,Al-Masry,ENPPI,Smouha and Pyramids,we have no choice but to try and win every game as I feel that we can't drop too many points as Al-Ahly seem to be unstoppable at the moment.In the Egyptian Cup we face Ghazl El-Mahalla,I am taking a risk with this as I refused to have the match postponed due to players being away for internationals,this is because I don't want fixture congestion at a later date but I feel we have enough depth to ensure we get past Ghazl El-Mahalla.

Edited by B.W.G

October 2026

Fixtures

OsYoJ6u.png?1

League Table

id1HHFo.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Unbelievable,despite the fact we had a perfect month,we are still eight points behind (although we have played a game less) behind Al-Ahly who seem to be unstoppable at the moment,their winning streak is actually at 15 games (3 from end of last season!).We were suppose to play Pyramids but it got pushed back a day so it is in November now.Our gamble in the Egyptian Cup paid off as we got past Ghazl El-Mahalla,it was as difficult as I expected seeing as we had ten players away on international duty at various levels but  I am glad we succeeded.

Five games in November as we play four in the league and one in the Champions League.In the league we face Pyramids,Ismaily,Wadi Degla and Qanah,we need to win all these games to keep the pressure on Al-Ahly in case they slip up.In the Champions League,we kick off our group stage campaign with a home tie against WAFA SC,we should be beating them and that is what I want as I want to try and retain the Champions League.

Edited by B.W.G

November 2026

Fixtures

v0IAKt0.png?1

League Table

CgoPElH.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

This is bordering on ridiculous now,despite the fact we had a second successive perfect month,I am literally in the same position as last month but with only having played more games,even Zamalek couldn't stop Al-Ahly who are now on eighteen successive league wins!In more positive news,we kicked off our Champions League group stage campaign with a impressive 6-1 win over WAFA SC.Other than that,all I feel is frustration and this is my thoughts on Al-Ahly at the moment...

source.gif

As for December,we have two guaranteed league games,one Champions League game and the Egyptian Cup.We also have the small matter of the Club World Champioship,I have no real aims other than enjoy the experience of it and hopefully we can make it to the last four.In the Champions League we face ES Tunis,as long as it isn't another 6-4 but we win then I will be fine.The Egyptian Cup sees us play ENPPI,I may have to rotate the players as fitness will play a factor as it is round the same time as the CWC.In the league we face Al-Gaish and Al-Ahly,we should beat Al-Gaish but everyone will be watching to see if we can stop Al-Ahly's winning streak

December 2026

Fixtures

scAsGDj.png?1

League Table

aIPQF9N.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Amazing month as we picked up the Club World Championship although we probably should have lost against Cruz Azul as there were only supposed to be three minutes injury time,the competition win has also seen us become the biggest team in Africa.Disappointed with the loss against ES Tunis but it's our own fault as we failed to convert our chances,on another day we could of won but it just want to be.Progress was made in the Egyptian Cup as we beat ENPPI and Suez FC to move onto the quarter final.In the league we became the one to end Al-Ahly's incredible streak and we did it in style with a 5-0 win,we're still five points behind but we do have a game in hand.

Seven games in January as we play five in the league and two in the Champions League.In the league we play Petrojet,Olympic Alexandria,EL Gouna,ENPPI and Tersana.Now we've caught back up to Al-Ahly,we cannot afford to drop any points as I'm having issues with the board as they expect us to win the title and we're in second so they are disappointed with our league performance.In the Champions League we play Raja Casablanca and ES Tunis,I would like to win both games as it will put us in a much stronger position to qualify.

January 2027

Fixtures

TXkqpE2.png?1

League Tables

3EAG6OL.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The perfect month as we won every game and we now sit top of the table with a two point lead,I have noticed the attendances have increased since we won the Club World Championship.We won both our games in the Champions League which included a revenge victory over ES Tunis,we now sit top of the group with two games left in which we need a draw from the last two games to qualify for the quarter finals.I am however worried that complacency is starting to creep in as we didn't look bothered in the game against Tersana.

February is a busy month with seven games,we play four in the league,two in the champions league and one in the Egyptian Cup.In the league we play Haras El-Hodoud,Telephonat Beni Suef,Pyramids and Zamalek,Haras and Zamalek are the two teams who have taken points off us so we will have to be careful as they are both very good teams.In the Champions League we face WAFA SC and Raja Casablanca,we need one point from these two games to qualify so it's achievable.We've been given a very tough fixture in the Egyptian  Cup as we face Al-Ah;y in the quarter finals,whoever wins that match will probably win the competition.

February 2027

Fixtures

QoYxCC8.png?1

League Table

4m4452N.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

February has been the month where the finishing has screwed us over a bit as it got us knocked out of the Egyptian Cup by Al-Ahly and we dropped points against Haras El-Hodoud and Zamalek in the league as we dropped to second place behind Al-Ahly but we are still thirteen ahead of Zamalek who are in 3rd.At least we had two brilliant performances in the Champions League as we ended up topping the group.

Five games in March,three in the league and two in the Champions League.In the league we play Wadi Degla,Al-Masry and Smouha,we cannot afford any more screw ups as Al-Ahly are playing at a similar level to us this season.In the Champions League,it is all about revenge as we play Zamalek and I want to beat them both times for losing to them in the league twice!

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - Youth Intake - 2026/27

The Intake

vfkdBBq.png?1

The Hot Prospects

LGevT7w.png?1

B61nJ4D.png?1

7juhS8b.png?1

RnM5JP5.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Seeing as I won't be here next season,I offered the four players above contracts to give Qena some security when I leave,I've offered them contracts which means they will move to full time contracts when they are 17.I won't be surprised to see Abdallah become a first team player in the next couple of seasons as he is actually regarded as the 4th best MC at the club.The other three players should be able to be used as backup players in the future.As for the rest of them,I will let the assistant manager decide who else he wants to keep.

Edited by B.W.G

March 2027

Fixtures

0QAUkuw.png?1

League Table

hDwGa7y.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

The perfect month as we won every game although the games against Al-Masry left me sweating a bit as we had defensive disaster classes in both games but luckily it didn't affect us.With us winning all three games in the league,we have moved to top of the table with five games left to play as Al-Ahly dropped points against Arab Contractors and Al-Masry (both games were 1-1 draws).In the Champions League we met my expectations of beating Zamalek twice as we went through 5-3 on aggregate although we were clinging on for dear life at the end of the second leg.

Five more games in April as we play three in the league and two in the Champions League.In the league we play Arab Contractors,Al-Gaish and Ismaily,we need to match or better Al-Ahly's results if we are to stay top come the end of April.In the Champions League we face ASEC Mimosas in a two legged affair,we cannot afford to underestimate them as they actually knocked out Al-Ahly in the Quarter Finals,there will be no mercy shown and we have to treat them with respect as this is a great chance to go onto the semi-final.

As for the tactic,I use two different versions of the 4-2-4.

my3tBng.png?2 

ZgoM88Q.png?2

The first one is great in general,if I have tougher matches then I tend to go with the second one despite it leading to a lot of cards.The second tactic generally gets used in the Champions League,matches against Al-Ahly,Zamalek and Arab Contractors as those games I tend to want to keep possession more.Also using two different versions of one formation with different roles is helpful as the team will retain some familiarity with the tactic you use.

April 2027

Fixtures

JDdrZJA.png?1

League Table

bD73EK6.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

It was the perfect month all round as we won every game.We did struggle a bit in the second leg against ASEC Mimosas but a red card changed the game as we took control and went onto the final for a second successive season.As for the league,it's more frustrating as I couldn't shake Al-Ahly off,even Zamalek got a 4-1 thumping off Al-Ahly!With one point separating us with two games to go,the pressure is well and truly on.

We head into the last month with four games left to play.In the African Champions League final we will face Club Africain,this will be two very tough games as it is very close when we play each other.As for the league we will face Qanah while Al-Ahly face Smouha in game 33,we should both win which means game 34 will be when the title will be decided,the fixture is Al-Ahly vs Qena.....oh boy!

9 hours ago, B.W.G said:

As for the tactic,I use two different versions of the 4-2-4.

my3tBng.png?2 

ZgoM88Q.png?2

The first one is great in general,if I have tougher matches then I tend to go with the second one despite it leading to a lot of cards.The second tactic generally gets used in the Champions League,matches against Al-Ahly,Zamalek and Arab Contractors as those games I tend to want to keep possession more.Also using two different versions of one formation with different roles is helpful as the team will retain some familiarity with the tactic you use.

Can you upload it,

May 2027

Fixtures

DHqwHNz.png?1

League Table

35mzVAl.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well that was almost heartbreaking as it took an 88th minute equalizer for us to win the titleand that came after Al-Ahly missed a penalty which would have made it 2-0!I almost feel sorry for Al-Ahly as they only lost once all season but came second due to them drawing too many.We also won a second successive Champions League,thankfully we won the game in the first leg as we got a battering off a wonderkid in the second leg but we won 6-2 on aggregate in the end.

End of Season review to come then it's onto Mexico!!

kONkmIz.jpg

Qena SC - Premier League - End of Season - 2026/27

Season Review

Transfers - Released

Three out on loan while seven were released.

Schedule 1 - Schedule 2 - Schedule 3

Competitions

Egyptian - Winner

SYzD91U.png?1

We retained the league with draw on the last day of the season which was actually against Al-Ahly,was pretty surprised to see us lose more than second place.We set new records for points and goals scored.The biggest surprise was seeing Pyramids so near the relegation zone as up until a few seasons ago,they were always among the top positions.

African Champions League - Winners

dZTzKzN.png?1

We got past Centre Chiefs and Power Dynamos to reach the group stage.In the group stage,we topped the group containing ourselves,ES Tunis,WAFA SC and Raja Casablanca with a record of 5-0-1.In the quarter finals,two thrilling games saw us get past Zamalek 5-3 on aggregate.The semi-final saw us face ASEC Mimosas,the aggregate scoreline of 6-2 was not a true reflection of the game as ASEC Mimosas put up a massive fight and probably should have lost by less.The final saw us play Club Africain in the final and we won the competition despite losing the second leg 2-1.

Club World Championship - Winners

v7BqIN4.png?1

Had an easy victory over Guangzhou in the quarter finals before we edged past Gremio in the semi-final with a 2-1 scoreline.The final was a pretty frantic affair as we face Cruz Azul in the final as they knocked Barcelona out in the semi-final.A late equalizer from ourselves sent it into extra time where we took advantage of having better fitness as we scored a late winner via a own goal in the second half of extra time.

Egyptian Cup - Quarter-Finals

By7lFt4.png?1

We beat Al-Tahir (6-0),Ghazl El-Mahalla (2-0),ENPPI (4-1) and Suez (3-0) en-route to the quarter final.As for the quarter final,we were terrible at finishing so considering Al-Ahly finished better than us then they deserved to go through as it was a pretty even game.

African Super Cup - Winners

4sub4Bf.png?1

A back and forth match which was a thriller for the neutrals saw us run out 6-4 winners,this was nerve wracking from a manager's point of view!
Egyptian Super Cup - Winners

m1xnrVT.png?1

We finished the match off with a fantastic first half performance but the second half was below par.

Players,Stats and Awards

Overall Best XI

Stats - Best XI - Awards

The Team

Squad 1 - Squad 2

Ibrahim Younes

Abdel Rahman Salah

Ahmed Sohby

Alaa Aly

Manager's Thoughts

Final season in Egypt saw us pick up five trophies from six competitions as we flopped in the Egyptian Cup which Al-Ahly won.This season was tougher than it looked as Al-Ahly pushed us all the way in the league while we edged the Club World Cup.The players were mainly great but this season pushed me to the limits with some as they just caused trouble which left some players getting move to reserves until their concerns were dropped.The attendances were at an all time high which is encouraging as the club could potentially expand the stadium or build a new one in the future which is what the club and the fans deserve as it won't be council owned!

I've already decided to leave at the end of the season to move to Mexico but before I go,I will look to get the facilities upgraded and may cheekily ask for a new stadium to see what the board says but come 30th June,I'll no longer be the Qena manager.

Season        League	    Position     Cup	    Continental	     TF          YF            JC	    YR         Avg.Att
2018/19	   Third Division     1st     3rd Round	       N/A          Poor         Poor        Minimal      Limited        268
2019/20   Second Division     2nd     4th Round        N/A          Poor         Poor        Minimal      Limited        462
2020/21   Second Division     2nd      Quarters        N/A          Poor         Poor        Minimal      Limited        492
2021/22   Second Division     1st     5th Round        N/A          Poor         Poor        Minimal      Limited        541
2022/23    Premier League     4th      Quarters        N/A          Basic        Poor        F.Basic       Basic        1601
2023/24    Premier League     3rd      Winners         N/A        B.Average      Basic       Average      F.Basic       2118
2024/25    Premier League     3rd      Winners       Winners       Adequate    B.Average    Adequate      Average       5836
2025/26    Premier League     1st       Third        Winners       Average      Adequate      Good       A.Average      6585
2026/27    Premier League     1st      Quarters      Winner         Good        Average     Excellent   Established     9245

Edited by B.W.G

• B.W.G changed the title to The Pentagon Youth Challenge - Tequila Mockingbird

jrekZHa.png?1

SEP Puebla - 3rd Division Group 2 - Club Takeover - 2027/28

Contract

zXEFmob.png?1

Club History

HIYLAaL.png?1

The Team

Squad 1 - Squad 2

Manager's Thoughts

Interesting club as it has a decent set up and has some staff available so it isn't completely empty.We have a very big team but we are short on defenders but that shouldn't be too problematic.The board expectations are extremely low,and by extremely low I mean that they just want to be competitive in the league! so we should be able to do that.Also to note that coming top is not enough to get promoted,you have to win a Promotion Playoff as well.

With regards to facilities,I wasn't expecting the training facilities to be so high,I was expecting them to be poor so to see them at below average is surprising.As for the coaching and recruitment,they are terrible but I won't be able to do much about that till much much later.The stadium is tiny with an 800 capacity but we're not filling it anyway (highest average attendance is 308),again that will change in the future as to play in the Promotion League (Tier 2),you actually need a 15,000 seat stadium but that is way in the future.

With the season kicking off in three days time,there won't be a pre-season update.All you need to know is that we're predicted 14th so my aim is to be a bit higher ideally but we will see what happens.The only thing to note is that I will be trying to get players off non-contracts and onto proper contracts so it would be less likely for teams to get the players for free.

Edited by B.W.G

July 2027

Fixtures

NkQs624.png?1

League Table 

v5QYZjp.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Not too bad of a start considering we are predicted for 14th,we've not done too bad as we beat two teams predicted in the top ten by the media predictions.As for the loss to Ciervos,I wasn't too bothered by it as they are one of the favourites to win the title and they are currently on a eight game winning streak so losing 3-2 and going down fighting was a fine performance in my eyes.

Four games in August as we play Club Alpha,Delfines UGM,CEFOR Merida and FC Sozca.Still too early to tell how the season is going to pan out but I hope to put in some good performances and pick up some points so we remain competitive which is what the board wants.Delfines and Club Alpha should be the toughest games as they are predicted 4th and 5th while we could get a win against FC Sozca who are similar to ourselves.

August  2027

Fixtures

tmO631J.png?1

League Table

QloNaIR.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Well at least we didn't beat even if we did draw three of the four games,we're actually pretty close to the top despite dropping so many points.The biggest disappointment of the month was the game against Delfines,even though we were outplayed,we actually took the lead in the 92nd minute so to concede in the 95th minute was a very big annoyance.Good start by the club despite having average players in my team based on this level.

Four games in September as we play Loma Bonita,Real Acuna,Sultanes and Lobos Chapultepec.Other than Sultanes,these should be fairly winnable games as they are all near the bottom of the table.Sultanes are actually unbeaten so it will be a very difficult game although they are overachieving as they are predicted to be in 10th by the media.My aim is to be competitive in all the games and get at least six points.

September 2027

Fixtures

XhMFuuw.png?1

League Table

gxyIkBE.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Perfect month as we won every game and currently sit in third place,just one point behind the leaders.I have an admission to make,I'm a bit of a dumbass at times,we have a player called Osvaldo Mejia who wasn't being played and started to complain about not playing,much to my horror that I saw he was one of our best midfielders at the club and I hadn't been playing him.Such an idiot!

Five games in October as we play Poza Rica,U del Golfo,Abasolo,At.San Francisco and Cadereyta.Out of all of these games,Poza Rica will be a nightmare fixture as they have won this league three out of the last five season only to falter in the Promotion Playoff (it's a league not a playoff!).Partnerships are starting to be formed on the pitch so this could help us as the players will be getting familiar with each other.Aim for the month is to be in the fight for the playoff.

October 2027

Fixtures

oCYj8qV.png?1

League Table

XpSMNkc.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Started off well then it just fizzled out as we finished the month with ten points from fifteen,this was enough to keep us in first even if there is only three points between ourselves and fourth.Was disappointed by the San Francisco match as they beat us while only having three shots in the entire game as our finishing let us down.With it being so close,the race is well and truly on for the promotion playoff spot!

Three games in November as we face Lobos ITECA,Ciervos and Club Alpha.Ciervos is definitely the most difficult of the three matches but I will be looking for revenge.As for the other two matches,I would like to win them both as it will help towards keeping first place.

November 2027

Fixtures

cUmQPnI.png?1

League Table

zltX8ZR.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

November turned out to be a successful month as we picked up seven points from nine to keep ourselves at the top of the table with their now being a five point difference between ourselves and fourth.A pivotal moment of the month was the late winner against Ciervos,this turned out to be a game where we nearly blew it as we were 2-0 up at one point but I was very relieved with Andrade's late winner.

Six games in December but only four of these are important as the other two are friendlies.The four important games are Delfines UGM,CEFOR Merida,FC Sozca and Loma Bonita.This is quite a tough month for us as Delfines and Merida are 4th and 5th but we need to get results if we are to stay top of the table,there are eleven games left and only four points in it so it's anyone's guess as to who will win the title.

Edited by B.W.G

December 2027

Fixtures

OWHrdaB.png?1

League Table

2KOzV6n.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Ten points from twelve in the league was more than good enough to keep in the title hunt as we sit in second due to an inferior goal difference but we do have a game in hand over Poza Rica,the game against Poza Rica could be a title decider but that doesn't come till April.The stand out moment of the month was the late winner from Mendez in the game against Delfines,it was a undeserved goal but it is a vital one in the title race.The friendlies were there for fitness purposes as there were no u20 or u18 games to make my players available for.

Four games in January,three in the league and a friendly.The friendly is for fitness purposes so it has no other importance than that.As for the league,we face Sultanes,Lobos Chapultepec and Real Acuna.We need to get results in all the matches as winning the title is now in our hands due to having played a game less.If we can pick up seven points from three then I'd be over the moon with that as by the end of January,we will have four games left to play.

January 2028

Fixtures

xpJDeXB.png?1

League Table

0G7NSlL.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Seven points from three games was enough to see us move back to top of the table as Poza Rica slipped up against Club Alpha (drew 1-1).We were consistent in scoring two goals as we netted this in every game including the friendly match which was only arranged due to fitness purposes.I'm pretty confident that the title race is now a two horse race between ourselves and Poza Rica as I feel Sultanes are a bit too far away with four games left to play.

February has two games and one of those could be a title decider.The first game we okay in February is a home tie against Poza Rica,whoever wins that will probably go on to win the title.We also play U del Golfo who are a decent side so we will still need to be at our best as we need to keep winning to get away from Poza Rica.I think February should have our first youth intake as well (based off past experiences) in which I am hoping for some defenders as we are very light in that area.

jrekZHa.png?1

SEP Puebla - 3rd Division Group 2 - Youth Intake - 2027/28

The Intake

DzWsMAa.png?1

The Hot Prospects

uKYSVge.png?1

0q7VYeZ.png?1

nQeziYB.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

Honestly it's a great intake but it has caused some headaches for me.Ramírez will be first choice Keeper next season but I didn't exactly need one as my current keeper is rated at 4* CA.Rosas has already caused tactical problems for me without even kicking a ball,his MC rating is yellow (I think that is unconvincing) and has a green DC rating,so next season I will probably have to go 4-3-3 or 4-1-4-1 to accommodate him as he is the best midfielder in the team.Over the moon with having González as it means I have a second decent striker in the team to go up front with Andrade if I need him to.

Like Egypt,I can't play any of these players this season as I need to register them to play in the first team.The entire of the youth intake will be offered contracts as I literally have no defenders and I could do with some attackers.

Edited by B.W.G

February 2028

Fixtures

2RKB9iw.png?1

League Table

q4ShJR9.png?1

Manager's Thoughts

We picked up four points from the two games,as you saw we got an instant equalizer after Poza Rica took the lead.A mental five minute spell saw us beat U del Golfo 3-1 after we were losing at half time,this was a massive victory as Poza Rica lost to Abasolo 1-0 which means we need one point from the last two games.

March sees us play two games as we face Abasolo and At.San Francisco.We need one point from these two games to clinch us the title and a promotion playoff spot,however I want revenge on San Francisco as they beat us earlier in the season but we can't underestimate Abasolo as they did beat Poza Rica.It's firmly in our hands now.

drd5WG9.png?1

I've not even kicked a ball in March yet!!Poza Rica drew with CEFOR Mérida the day before we played which gave us the title.

Also I'm pretty sure the petition won't get far due to Puebla fans....maybe one day :lol:

Promotion Playoff Preview

qLxw81q.png?1

Group Division Record

Team           Previous Group          Record         AVG.PTS
  Campeche NG          Group 1          P:38 - 27-9-2       2.37
 Chaco Gimenez         Group 7          P:32 - 25-6-1       2.53       
 Chapulineros          Group 3          P:24 - 19-4-1       2.54
    Cimagol            Group 11         P:26 - 14-9-3       1.96
Correcaminos III       Group 12         P:34 - 26-8-0       2.53
 Escuela Chivas        Group 10         P:38 - 28-9-1       2.45 
  FC Potosino          Group 4          P:32 - 23-6-3       2.34 
Leon Independiente     Group 13         P:28 - 20-5-3       2.32
  Lobos BUAP III       Group 6          P:38 - 26-5-7       2.18
   Mineros B           Group 8          P:26 - 20-4-2       2.46
 Potros UAEM III       Group 5          P:30 - 24-3-3       2.5
  Real Olmeca          Group 9          P:28 - 22-4-2       2.5
  SEP Puebla           Group 2          P:30 - 20-8-2       2.27

Manager's Thoughts

Thirteen league winners into a twelve team league with three going up.Did a record to see what sort of teams I am up against.Correcaminos III are actually on a 41 game unbeaten run in Group 12 so it will be interesting to see if they get promoted.I fancy our chances but we may have to play a bit tighter.