Struggling with 4-3-3

I am trying to play as Arsenal in the first season with 4-3-3 (DM wide). I cannot get the tactic working, whatever I try. I have Torriera, Ramsey and Xhaka/Suarez in a DM triangle. I cannot get any combination of roles to work. I have tried to limit the use of instructions, as I think too many can be counter productive.

My main problem is that every single player in my team seams to aimless kick the ball out of play during crucial build up moments. I cannot seem to find any tactical instruction or role that prevents this. For example, I finally get close to the final third, and one of the midfielders, or even Ozil at inside forward right, simply launches the ball out of play, nowhere near a teammate.

Has anybody had this problem and does anybody have any advice?

Thank you.

I have just finished my first season at Arsenal and I would say it was pretty successful. Finished 4th in the league (Liverpool won at a canter, then Utd were second a few points back, with Sp*rs, us, City and Chelsea all close together between 3rd and 6th - so close that at one point on the final day I was 3rd), won the Europa league, and the Carabao cup and got dumped out of the FA Cup by Liverpool in the semis (5-1, Mane scored 4, it was a shocker, truly bad times)

My midfield 3 is Ozil as a Mezzala (Attack) on the left, Ramsey or Xhaka to the right on DLP (Support) ahead of Torreira as a Regista at the base.

I have to admit, the idea of Ozil at Mezzala (and my midfield set up in general to be fair) came from the Arsenal thread over in the Good players/team guides, there's some pretty good tactical advice there for Arsenal, and there's always the tactics forum for advice in general.

1 hour ago, ryandormer said:

Has anybody had this problem and does anybody have any advice?

Welcome to the forum :).

My advice would be to head over to the Tactics and Training forum, post your detailed tactical set up (screenshots ideally), the type of problems you are having and somebody may be able to give you some specific advice.  There are also loads of useful threads and guides there too :thup:.

• 4 weeks later...

I find a DLP(d), BBM, AP(s) works for me in my LLM save. I use the same roles and duties for my midfield trio whether I use a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. 

I imagine if it works for an underdog in the VNN, it could work for a technically gifted squad like Arsenal.

Good luck.

Archived