FM19 WINTER TRANSFER UPDATE IS RUBBISH

I have a major problem with the 19.3 update ... the Winter Update is NOT a Winter Update because the January transfers all start at their clubs at the BEGINNING of the season which means they are not transferred in January ... so now you have your much anticipated January signing in your squad fro the start, and there's no expectation to see what impact he will make on your team when he should have arrived in January ... also, if you're at a club where you are due to sell a player in the January window, he is now gone from your squad at the start, and you don't have the much-needed January money coming in to make changes ... this is just plain lazy, and not the standard of work I would have expected from SI

when I load my edited database where I did all the January transfers prior to this update, I now see this for example:

WILL GRIGG
Contract: Sunderland (his January 31st transfer move from Wigan)
Future Transfer: Sunderland (on January 31st)
Fee: £4m

this means my database is useless if I run 19.3, and I have to go through EVERY transfer from July 2019 to change current club ... jeez, what a pain!!

come on SI, sort it out ... fix your transfers to be accurate as to date of transfer so that players join their new clubs on the correct dates, and the transfer fees change hands ... this 19.3 Winter Transfer Update is pathetic and serves no purpose other than to mess up the game

It is not "plain lazy". It is, as @ajw10 put it, how SI have always done it, and it's also the best option to take from this dilemma. If transfers happened in-game when they happened in reality, it would take away a number of key things, including context.

Would it be realistic if, for example, Will Grigg joined Sunderland on 31 January when he had broken his leg five days earlier?

Would Dominic Solanke still have joined Bournemouth on 4 January if he'd somehow become a key player for Liverpool, scoring 15+ goals in five months?

Would Ashley Cole still have joined Derby on 21 January if they'd started the season terribly, sacked Frank Lampard, and put someone like Juande Ramos, Paul Hurst or even Steve Evans in charge?

You get the idea.

Above post pretty much gets it, but I may as well air my one complaint / reason I rarely use updated DB - I hate how it looks when a guy has only spent 6 months at a club so on the winter update he already has two moves for the first season on day one i.e. Piatek. 

I suspect you're new to FM. This is the way SI does it every year. If you think having a player that have moved clubs in Jan from the start of the season is not realistic then it's best to start a save with the basic database of Summer 2018 which is a clean slate.

• FrazT locked this topic

@Delmeister  As has been said above, this is how SI have implemented the update for as long as I can remember.  If you are unhappy with how SI handle the winter update, by all means raise a thread in the Features Request forum and suggest ways that this could be done better.  Please, however, cut out the insults to the developers and keep your comments constructive.

Archived