It takes a Community to raise a team (FM19)

GloryFan2002

Hello and welcome to my new idea for a thread. Using the Create-a-Club feature I will replace Billericay Town with team devised of players suggested by the community. After that all main decisions will be decided by you guys from formations to transfers to scouting methods to staff signing. That said for this save to work I'm going to need significant contribution from you guys. So to begin with I need a team suggested, the team will have 3 keepers, 7 defenders, 8 midfielders and 5 attackers and will use only players suggested on this forum. When suggesting your players please keep in mind I must fit all 23 inside Billericay Towns budget so they must all be non-league level and also their must be an even spread of positions. Thanks in advance and I look forward to seeing your suggestions, If I have enough suggestions, I will attempt to make the team in about 24 hours.

Wow interesting concept! look forward to following on, though I know nothing about non league players (i'm not that brave). Though real teams play in pink, so my 1st useless contribution is that your home strip has to be pink!

So to start of with I will suggest 5 players to get things rolling

Ross Hannah (ST, Gainsborugh Trinity)

Jordan Sinnott (CM, Alfreton Town)

Josh Wilde (LB, Alfreton Town)

Scott Pengelly (ST, Fleetwood)

Laurence Bilboe (GK, Rotherham)

3 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

Wow interesting concept! look forward to following on, though I know nothing about non league players (i'm not that brave). Though real teams play in pink, so my 1st useless contribution is that your home strip has to be pink!

Cheers, will do with the pink home kit, if you can't think of any non league players, academy players from prem/championship clubs with not too high potential will probably fit the budget.

25 minutes ago, GloryFan2002 said:

Cheers, will do with the pink home kit, if you can't think of any non league players, academy players from prem/championship clubs with not too high potential will probably fit the budget.

Oh that won’t be an issue, I can give 3 to start you off:

Brad Abbott (CM, Boston United)

Joe Ironside/Dan Maguire (ST, Kidderminster/Blyth) take your pick, both are lethal

Ashley Hemmings (LW, Fylde)

Edit: Unless you go 442, ignore the strikers. But if you do go 442, Armani Daly is a pace deamon of a free agent

Just had a look at FM and added in the players I've received so far and it seems Scott Pengelly, the striker I've suggested has become a goalkeeper in the latest update, which I found a bit weird (same club, same birthdate, same nationality). So that means at the moment we have 2/3 goalkeepers, 1/7 (only a LB so far) defenders, 4/7 midfielders and 3/5 attackers, with plenty of budget left as we're replacing Billericay, about 1.3/1.6M left. So keep up the suggestions and I will try to make it in the game ASAP and keep in mind the needed positions.

33 minutes ago, GloryFan2002 said:

Just had a look at FM and added in the players I've received so far and it seems Scott Pengelly, the striker I've suggested has become a goalkeeper in the latest update, which I found a bit weird (same club, same birthdate, same nationality). So that means at the moment we have 2/3 goalkeepers, 1/7 (only a LB so far) defenders, 4/7 midfielders and 3/5 attackers, with plenty of budget left as we're replacing Billericay, about 1.3/1.6M left. So keep up the suggestions and I will try to make it in the game ASAP and keep in mind the needed positions.

Well now Scott seems to be a right midfielder, idk whats up. so 1/3 goalkeepers and 5/8 midfielders

Try Pierre-Emmanuel Ekwah Elimby DC Chelsea U18s (because who doesn't want a players whose initials spell out PEEE) also while your in my chelsea U18 squad try George Nunn ST.

Though if they are too expensive I understand :) 

29 minutes ago, WillHoward42 said:

No idea on pricing... but what about Steve Dobbie at Queen Of The South.... should bang in the goals providing he isn't too expensive!

7 minutes ago, GloryFan2002 said:

OK so it looks like we’re good for strikers and are now looking for a couple of goalkeepers, a few midfielders and about 5 defenders. Cheers for the submissions

Did you manage to find budget for Dobbie? Can imagine he will fire you right up the league tables early doors!!

51 minutes ago, WillHoward42 said:

Did you manage to find budget for Dobbie? Can imagine he will fire you right up the league tables early doors!!

Yep only cost about 100k which is peanuts with billericays budget he looks amazing for the vanarama south

As after the 24 hour period finished and I only got about 13 entries, I've taken the rest from the Non-League suggestion thread

So lets meet the team

Goalkeepers

Brad Watkins

Joe Boyd

Laurence Bilboe

Defenders

Jermaine Grandison

Will Forrester

Harry Darling

Josh Wilde

Pierre-Emmanuel Ekwah Elimby

Scott Pengelly (Finally decided to be a LB)

Mamadou Kone

Midfielders

Oscar Borg

Aaron Kuhl

Jordan Sinnott

Brad Abbott

Armani Daly

Brad Carr

Ashley Hemmings

Attackers

Stephen Dobbie

George Nunn

Joe Ironside

Ross Hannah

Dan Maguire

Now to find the staff, I will give three suggestions for each position (well just Ass Man and HOYD all the rest I'll get the chairman to sign) and then you will vote on them all

Assistant Manager

John Dreyer

Craig Madden

Russell Wilcox

https://www.strawpoll.me/17258498/r

Head of Youth Development

David Moran

Liam Jones

Adrian Farrell

https://www.strawpoll.me/17258526/r

7 hours ago, GloryFan2002 said:

Also if I can get some advice on how everyone finds loan players, the next post will be suggestions for loans

Affiliate clubs are good for this. But if not, Tobias Hayles-Docherty, Ben Chapman and Finn O’Mara are all very good loans. Ben Close can occasionally be available for loan, but the only time I’ve seen that is with Chesterfield

edit: forgot to add this is incredibley fun. I just hope you enjoy the team

voted :)

be interesting to see if you get an affinity with the players or not (as you haven't picked them) as I know I struggle wanting to give players I like in real life more time, and those I don't less time. Whether over the course of the save this makes you a better or worse manager. Looking forward to it

• 5 months later...

Archived