Legends

Not sure if this has been brought up already but first of all- Ronaldo is down as icon for Real Madrid when surely he is a legend with all he has achieved and brought to the club over the last decade.

Overall looking on the information pages the icons and legend list seems better this edition than last where you had players getting legend status for just being at a club for a few seasons.That said the reason i made this thread is i am 12 years into my save and stumbling onto the real madrid page i see Ronaldo in said icon list then sat above in legends amongst puskas, Zidane, di stefano et al we have Sadio Mane who spent his last 6 seasons at the club, won 1 league title and a spanish cup how can he in any world be classed as above ronaldo is beyond me.

I find there is an interesting bias towards forwards in the icons & legends section. I've had various goalkeepers hit 200+ appearances, averaging 7+ ratings, who never get anywhere near the list, whilst my one season 20 goal strikers will always jump straight to icons. You wouldn't see somebody like Lukaku or Sanchez becoming a Manchester United icon with De Gea or Van Der Sar ignored in real life, I don't think? I'll always only reach 'favoured personnel' at best too! :(

I'd imagine the case of Ronaldo is that Real Madrid fans are the worst therefore even if he hit 1,000 goals for them he could never live up to the collective memory of the likes of Di Stefano (who the majority of the people in the stadium will never have seen play except for perhaps YouTube, so will be completely unaware that he would have bad games too). 

18 minutes ago, yezzko said:

Goalkeepers are notoriously overlooked when it comes to icon or legend status(AFAIK). On fm16 I had PSG save and Donnarumma wasnt even on favoured personal list despite playing over 1500 games and scoring over 100 goals. 

He was your penalty taker or what? :D 

Archived