my BEST SAVE....EVER!

ranks39

Hey all, first post here - I am just so excited!  I am in the Welsh Premier League as Llanelli Town(I believe it's 2020 or 2021) in a journeyman save - I think I've held 5 managerial roles.  Anyways, I've been at Llanelli Town for roughly a year and things are starting to come together: I'm playing quite a few youngsters from my first youth intake, the board has upped my junior coaching and most importantly, we are on a roll!!!!

image.thumb.png.3fd71c4c9a0d8cca6154bb37a130f2de.png

image.thumb.png.72a4c0fd2cd4265481640d58a3863cd4.png

image.thumb.png.f1c5811d28be9714a59c940334c73c14.png

We will end up in the top half!!!!  Just wanted to share!

Cheers!!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you!   Just finished up my two legs of our first Europa Cup qualifiers.  We were able to rise up after falling 1-2 on the road to Macedonian side KF Shkupi to win 4-3 on aggregate!  I honestly didn't think that we could win as we started preseason way too late and my team are not fully fit....  I'll keep you all apprised on future matches!

image.thumb.png.d85622566ac805f9e85e7d944c2c24b5.png

Thanks, @Mandy42!  

So, we collected $280K from winning our first round tie. 

We've been drawn against Levski Sofia, a much larger club from Bulgaria than our semi-professional outfit!  We'll just enjoy the ride and the Bulgarian scenery!

image.thumb.png.35250baed62cee885bc0f3106013776e.png

In other news, the board has informed me that we're searching for sites for a new stadium that will drastically decrease our maintenance costs, so that's exciting!  I'm also moaning at the board at every chance to try to turn our club professional..... no luck so far but we'll see!

Thanks all for following along!

Well, that was a wake-up call.  Faced with a true professional team(their worst regulars makes almost as much as my entire team), we were unable to cope over two legs.  In leg 1, on the road, we saw one of our central midfielders sent off for a second yellow card in minute 45, down 0-1.  We fell 0-4 in the away leg.  Coming home, our fans "packed" Liberty Stadium and we opted to play a cautious style in hopes of catching them on the counter once or twice.  This didn't work out - we were HEAVILY outshot and ultimately fell 0-5(0-9).  We have a long way to go to compete in the contintent but hopefuly we can come top three again in league this year and get a decent youth intake!

image.thumb.png.cffc345149faf8381d5fbd9869ee9f03.png

Either way, we picked up about $550K for our participation and that will fund some improvements for us!

We've now begun the Welsh Premier League season, my second full season with the club!  Our first fixture was a road affair with CEFN Druids, in which we were underdogs; we picked up a very fortuitous 3 points with a 1-0 win on an own goal.  We were dominating play at the time with 6 shots to 2 and 58% possession.  We then managed to hold on to the clean sheet for the full three points!

image.thumb.png.a0fbd18f4b8a1fb1828ec342f8067435.png

Unfortunately, in the Nathanial MG Cup first round, we've drawn the only professional side in Wales, The New Saints.  Wish us luck!

sounds like it's going to be a slog, continued European qualification to get in the cash to turn professional might be the way forward, then as a professional club attract better players, depends where the ceiling is on the talent you can bring in to then be competitive in Europe. Fascinating though!

I ran through a couple of matches last night, I believe we're on 8 points through 6 matches and firmly in the middle of the table.  Good news - we've pretty much played every team 1-5 in the league table already so the back half should bring many more points!  I'll get some more screenshots and updates this evening after work.

Alright, we've just had a great month to catapult ourselves back into the top 5 at the end of September!

image.thumb.png.bcfbedb94881bcc12a376bff8ae64c28.png

image.thumb.png.560ada328564b4e1ac9f3ce81becaf94.png

image.thumb.png.1b8ffb3b8a8985b3e6206080a95d46ee.png

We are in the midst of a run against the bottom of the table, so it makes sense but this is inspiring confidence in the boys.  Keep following along!

@ManUtd1 Thank you!

Well, over the past month we have really struggled.  We haven't won in 7 matches; unfortunately it all started with three injuries to starting midfielders/wingers and culminated in losing our starting keeper......

image.thumb.png.df9d64c346ae377811988874f9eee79b.png

image.thumb.png.fcbcc065da8833922ccc67c367d1a8a6.png

We are still firmly in mid-table position but we need to turn it around IMMEDIATELY if we want any chance of a top 3 finish and a European appearance...  We press onwards!

Welcome to December!  First off, we have failed to take advantage of our rivals in the positions above us in the table dropping points and still sit in sixth with five games remaining(2 of which are against TNS, who are BY FAR the most talented team in the league).  We must win 2 of five(preferably 3 and steal a draw against TNS) to keep in touching distance for the playoff split.  Injuries have continued to ravage my roster, which has forced me to rely a lot more on youth, which hasn't quite worked out.

As it sits:

image.thumb.png.f25cbaad48622a97339fcd1748621944.png

Remaining fixtures:

image.thumb.png.4953f1f8e1c040e90ca0c2ffb9bf5c18.png

So, we've just wrapped up the first portion of the season and have secured a top half finish(our expectation was to avoid relegation, which was then changed to mid-table finish).  It came down to the last match day between ourselves and Haverfordwest - we drew, they lost and that wrapped it up for us.  We battled through injuries and poor form and are in the top half, so I really can't have any complaint!  

image.thumb.png.e4d40cfe4512d1e3ddecd69c6a74f7ac.png

I'll drop a photo of the youth intake as soon as possible!   

This may have been a frustrating season, but it shows that we've got enough about us to survive and our youth will be challenged and ready to play when called upon!  All said and done, it was a grind but really it was one of my most satisfactory seasons as I felt that we needed to tweak our formation, tactics, lineups, etc.

Thank you all for following along and I can't wait to keep providing you with some entertainment along the way!

Youth intake just arrived:

image.thumb.png.15a053d5bcc1c8ad04d243da8361cb70.png

There is some decent attacking talent, nothing that will immediately be able to step in and contribute but hopefully with a couple of seasons on loan and in the youth, we can bring them through.

We just finished up our new season.  I wound up vacationing the last couple of months of the season and my assistant didn't let us down!  

image.thumb.png.8bca1aace890b8437b250fd8fe390b0f.png

Very shortly I will post the end-of-season awards and team statistics.  Hopefully next season, we can crack the top 3 again!

So we are int he European Places Playoff - we faced Connah's Quay on the road.  The game was a stalemate up until the midway point; at about the 57th minute, our left attacking midfielder was sent off for his second yellow card.  We managed to limit their chances throughout the rest of the half and into the extra time.  We actually carved out a clear cut chance at about minute 119, but their goalkeeper made a save on a one-on-one.  We then went to penalties where our keeper would go on and save 2 of the first three penalties!  We were clinical and advanced to the European places playoff final!!

image.thumb.png.3f3ef36703ea7727f54aa8f123cab020.png

We played Cardiff Metro University in the final for the European places Playoff.  In my opinion, we were the better side but ended up falling 1-0.  We had a goal disallowed and missed a number of clear-cut chances.  This one was a disappointing one....

image.thumb.png.8c6831a04d9389995108f402fbebaeed.png

So, our end of season awards ceremony was last night.  We celebrated another great season - it was up-and-down - but overall, very successful as we were expected to prop up the league.  We have a number of young players that have come through our academy playing for us and in key roles so the future looks very bright for us.  Next year the goal will be to finish in the top three so as not to have to try to fight for the European Playoff Places.  I don't expect to make many, if any, signings for the squad so all growth will be from within!  

image.thumb.png.837b71d6c9867b96f8c4f541fa641148.png

image.thumb.png.ea80f7b7178e99dbd1a26e1ea7004435.png

image.thumb.png.e505af4a03c8b6615cf4e245134ec0aa.png

image.thumb.png.b4e91b89a2b011287b57e571703ac6fc.png

image.thumb.png.703d9f4e494f1c4429d799a9da0b4634.png

image.thumb.png.9f8f1b9d225878d23325c9d79bd7b293.png

image.thumb.png.316267bd6faf1de27ce2f573286371bc.png

image.thumb.png.b6561a78326b96480b409d11dd4f188b.png

A quick update: we are three matches into the season and have won twice and lost once.  We have also been knocked out of the MG Nathaniel Cup, playing with a heavily-rotated side.  My striker, Hywel Price is lighting it up with 5 goals in three matches!

image.thumb.png.b62842ce06ec82f88827a4bbb0b8f645.png

This season has so far been very disappointing - we currently sit in sixth.  We have take 1 point out of an available 6 from the bottom two sides in the league and our form has wildly rocketed up and down.  We need to put together a very good second half to have any hopes for a European berth next season.

image.thumb.png.31c6b2c8abfd26935a5634cebf090c8d.png

In a very unexpected turn of events, after a down season and finishing in 8th in the Welsh Premier, Shawn Rank has left Llanelli Town to take the top job with Shamrock Rovers!  Rank will make his return to Ireland after stops in Sweden and Wales, last managing Cabinteely in the Irish First Division.  The offer to interview with Shamrock Rovers was completely unexpected as Rank hadn't submitted his name for consideration but was still contacted for an interview.

Sources close to Rank did admit that a few unlucky results, desire for a new challenge, and, above all, the Llanelli Town board's reluctance to further invest in the club both at the junior intake level and to take the club to a professional status were the contributing factors behind the decision to leave the club.

There will certainly be more to come regarding this news.

image.thumb.png.0a71dba7a7e576c554e1394124d026fd.png

A New Era in Dublin

Tallaght - There was a very different feel around the grounds of the Tallaght Stadium on the eve of the first match of the new season... First of all, the season was kicking off with the Dublin Derby, pitting Shamrock Rovers against Bohemians.  The previous season had seen the side finish third in the Irish Premier League and also saw the manager of 1 year, Alan Murphy, leave for rival Dundalk - this really struck a blow to the supporters as the man had been popular roaming the sidelines.  When the supporters first learned that a journeyman American manager would be taking up the top job, there was deserved skepticism as his best accomplishments came in the the Swedish fourth division and Welsh Premier.  Rank didn't win many supporters or pundits over with his introductory press conference in which he gave a combination of non-committal and overly-optimistic responses.  Word from the locker room was much more positive; in the first team meeting with his new side, Rank urged the squad to push for the top of the table, which seemed to align with the goals of the players.  Rank and Shamrock Rovers did win their first match of the new season, even if they made it much more difficult than it could have been(overall Shamrock Rovers were the better side, anyways).

Time will tell how this story will continue to unfold and how well Rank can command the locker room and supporters when form dips.  All we know for certain is that there is a cautiously optimistic air around the club - every season, hope springs eternal!

image.thumb.png.3d20e02dfa39353c21fd4c3f74370cc8.png

Shamrock Rovers win first Trophy under Rank

Shawn Rank has momentarily repaid the board's faith in him by triumphing in the Irish President's Cup on penalties against Dundalk.  The President's Cup pitted last season's league Champions, Dundalk, against last season's Irish Cup winners, Shamrock Rovers.  The papers were all predicting a pretty straightforward home victory for Dundalk but Shamrock Rovers hung in there and took the match to the unpredictable equalizer that is penalties.  They would then prevail 5-4 in the shootout, hoisting the first trophy of the Rank era.  The board and supporters are thrilled but everyone knows that there is much work to be done.

image.thumb.png.ed1dbba93690723094f5a6a7dab2470a.png

I'm very sad to see my star, young Irishman go - he was brought up by the club - but this transfer will break our transfer record and allows us to bring in another two young players that I've had my eyes on.  He is also an ambitious player that wants to play at the highest level and I could not block that.  We also accepted an $825K offer from an English Championship side but he preferred Cardiff.  Best wishes!!!!  

image.thumb.png.97d3d7e9b545ccf37d6e96c2fec2c917.pngimage.thumb.png.920e1d5a190203a64507628c3ca894ca.png

EURO Cup first qualifying round, we hosted Drava, from Slovenia.  What a frustrating match!  We peppered their goal all night and just could not convert anything.  Their keeper and backline had a decent game but we just weren't clinical enough.  Hopefully this won't cost us on the return visit....  

image.thumb.png.a380759e4ebcdd61101669d782d71ddc.png

Shamrock Rovers have advanced to the Best Placed Second qualifying round of the EURO Cup to face Rapid Wien.

A rainy day in Slovenia saw a clinical Shawmrock Rovers put the hosts to the sword with a barrage of early goals on the road to all but secure passage early on.  Shamrock Rovers head man went on to say, although we gave up a fair amount of shots, we really kept a good shape defensively and finished our chances on the offensive end.  The lads should be very proud of their efforts and we'll now turn our focus back to league play and eventually, Rapid Wien.

Rank also teased a loan signing that would boost the midfield - rumors are heavily linking recently-sold Liam McKeown back to Dublin for the remainder of the season and this teaser has all but confirmed it!

Rank has also unveiled a couple of other mid-season reinforcements to help with the demands of Continental, Cup, and League football.

image.thumb.png.9be0e2bcee99fe52ecc9073a7d758737.png

A young Italian CM

image.thumb.png.04b1d8dd6fc00bf11a3a81ea7ca2a180.png

A Spanish CM

image.thumb.png.9e3bc06b1aed8b5b71b6ff4696bd2717.png

A young, Venezuelan fullback

image.thumb.png.df55737fd483bef02071bca2b21851f2.png

Shamrock Rovers have officially qualified for EURO Cup Qualifying

Dublin - Joyful scenes ensue after Shamrock Rovers 3-1 victory of Limerick F.C. - Shamrock Rovers have clinched a top-4 position in the league table and have claimed one of the spots in the 2025 EURO Cup.  The Hoops fell in the second round of qualifying this season and will look to improve upon that showing after being handed a very tough draw in Rapid Wien.  Head coach Rank was quoted as saying: "The lads have worked so hard all season and have really performed well.  Of course we want to continue to fight for the league title and senior Challenge Cup but we will certainly be thrilled with being able to test our mettle against other top teams from across Europe".

The Hoops still have an outside shot of winning the league but are some way off the pace set by rivals, Dundalk.  

image.thumb.png.3e5b810073ce256e854f026b95243ad8.png

On the youth development side of things, our U19's just won the league and and have won the U19 Champions Playoff!  They have qualified for the U19 European Champions Cup Qualifying!  Congrats to the young lads!

image.thumb.png.991151de9d362fba7eca68f1d261acac.png

Shamrock Rovers Repeat as Senior Challenge Cup Winners

Shamrock Rovers have done it!  After winning the Senior Challenge Cup last season, new head coach Shawn Rank has guided his side to a second-straight cup win!  Match recap can be found below for more specific information on how the match played out.  To keep things simple - Shamrock Rovers went down 2-0 on the road against Sligo Rovers before roaring back to even the match at two goals.  Shamrock Rovers would then have two goals disallowed and have a central defender pick up a second yellow card before smashing two more goals past the advantaged hosts to maintain the cup.  Rank said "I am just so proud of this club, specifically the players - they played their hearts out today and when things got difficult, their heads never dropped!  I also need to mention the chairman of the club, who has supported my vision and plan for this club since I first took charge.  Finally, but not least of all, the supporters have been brilliant all year, they have turned away matches into advantages for us by sticking with us and travelling with us - we couldn't have done it without any of you!"

image.thumb.png.da7ae5335db752f25e671024aba0a486.pngimage.thumb.png.1d91556cc609931d1f66a313efae2b08.pngimage.thumb.png.33fd152414eb21be548078802d1accc8.png

Archived