Tweak for choosing more than 3 countries?

I'd like to start a career with more than 3 countries with just the top leagues playable on FM Touch. i.e. England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany (5) with just the top/Premier Divisions playable/available.

Is there any way this can be done? I know there's a downloadable tweak available for choosing a huge database size for the classic version of the game (i.e. https://www.fmscout.com/a-huge-database-option-for-fm19.html) which wasn't previously available for the game. So perhaps something similar is available for choosing the max # of countries playable on an FMT career?

5 hours ago, dooro23 said:

I'm bound to buy the regular FM rather sooner than later anyway. But just out of curiosity, if i set-up a FMT game on PC with more than 3 countries, can I play that save on my iPad?

No. You'll see a warning that removing the 3 country limit will disable cross-platform play.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

It's in the manual : 

It states that "cross-sync functionality will be disabled" - that relates only to the syncing action, however doesn't specifically state that the game file won't load on a mobile device i.e. the save-game file could be copied over to the device manually rather than cross-sync'd automatically.

I'm willing to test this on a mobile device if someone could create a save-game file with the "Remove nation and league restrictions" box ticked? Unfortunately I don't have a PC or laptop to set this up - just have a tablet.

• Administrators

You can test it but it won’t work. They are different file types when you remove the restrictions. Renaming the file extension won’t help you either. 

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

You can test it but it won’t work. They are different file types when you remove the restrictions. Renaming the file extension won’t help you either. 

Fair enough - as a matter of interest, what's the file extension with the restriction removed?

• Administrators

.fmt

.fmv is the one with the restriction. 

But the file extensions are mainly used for filtering. The file types themselves are different, so the game 'knows' what type of save it is when it loads a file, it doesn't just go off the extension.

Cheers.

Archived