[FM19] Kafra FC - 2019 Edition (Youth Only in England)

abulezz

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, abulezz said:

Believe it or not, I haven't had the choice to improvement in a few years, I have no idea why!  I keep looking for it, but its not coming up.  

That's really weird, never heard of something like that before, especially when you have so much money in the bank! Shame since it's a youth only career.

Edited by migeo

12 hours ago, migeo said:

That's really weird, never heard of something like that before, especially when you have so much money in the bank! Shame since it's a youth only career.

Yea, its the first time it happens to me, too.  The board(s) were fine about improving Junior Coaching up until it reached Average, and they have not given me the choice to request for improving it since.  Hopefully, I'll get that choice soon - possibly because I have requested to move up to a Category 1 Youth System. 

3 hours ago, WillHoward42 said:

Would be nice to see your best XI overall in each end of season update to see which of the new guard replace the stalwarts that got you to the Prem.

I'll put that up in my next update! Thanks for the suggestion! 

1 hour ago, Torminator said:

Wow amazing stuff. Nice bid hahaha :)

Cool to see you still produce talent of top level. really looking forward to the next update!

Thanks! I have a real issue with my Junior Coaching - they just wont give me the option of making it better, and I think its holding my Intakes back.  

SEASON REVIEW 2038/2039

TEAM REVIEW

This was a tough season – we took a step back again and ended up in 14th Place.  That means we have gone from 9th to 14th in two years, and I really feel the talent on the team is starting to stagnant.  The Kafra Youth Academy has not been feeding us the type of quality we need – the last player that can be considered top talent was Ricardo Marques, who was part of the ’30 Youth Class.  Daniel Jackson made a huge impact this season, but it has yet to be seen if he will develop into the type of talent we need.  That being said, our offense was awesome again, delivering all types of multiple goal games – our defense was porous again, delivering all types of multiple goals conceded games.  Our defensive prospects have not turned out the way I had hoped, and I am now stuck with a very average defensive line.  This season was actually tied for our worst finish ever in the PL – we also finished in 14th in our very first season. 

The Premier League was won by Chelsea, who captured the title for the 2nd time in 4 years and ended Man City’s (2nd) streak at 2.  Everton (3rd) were the second runners-up for the second straight year, with Southampton (4th) shockingly beating out Liverpool (5th) and Tottenham (6th) for the last Champions League spot.  Man United (12th) continued to struggle, while Millwall (7th) surprised everyone almost won a European spot. 

DPqJ8q.jpg

uWK1Ll.jpg

xReb64.jpg

z9X7rP.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Daniel Jackson (2035), 20 Years Old, Striker: Jackson showed hints of his potential last season when he scored 20 Goals, but there was no way I could predicted he would blow up the way he did this year.  In 36 Games, he led the league with 33 Goals and 67% Shots on Target, also registering 10 Assists, 6 PoMs, 46 Key Passes (4th in PL), 18 Chances Created (3rd in PL), and a career-high 7.53 AR (2nd in PL).  His 33 Goals were the most scored by any player in the Premier League since Alan Shearer scored 34 during the 1994/95 season – 45 years ago!  He was fantastic from start to finish, and even though the club struggled this year, Jackson gave us a brilliant individual season and totally made me look like a genius in replacing Slone with him in the starting line-up.  Rating: 9.5/10

DEFENSE

Aaron Taylor (2033), 22 Years Old, Goalkeeper: Our defense improved ever so slightly (up to 18th Place this year), and the slight improvement was probably due to Taylor giving us his best season yet.  In 38 Appearances (only the 2nd time he has played a full season), he registered 2.11 Con/90, 6 Clean Sheets, and 6.96 AR, up from 6.90 AR last season.  My coaching staff have dropped his 5/5 PA to a 4/5, so they think he is pretty much think he is playing close to his full potential.  That would mean he did not quite develop as well as I would have hoped, although he is still a talented GK.   Rating: 7/10

Terry Howell (2027), 27 Years Old, Left Defender: On this lift by default of being our captain as opposed to his actual form, because Howell delivered a stinker of a season this year.  This was the worst season of his career (38 Appearances, 3.34 TpG, career-low 6.63 AR) by a large margin, even when compared to the bad season he gave us last year.  I’m not quite sure what has happened – our strategy hasn’t changed, he is playing in exactly the same position with the same instructions, and he is (was, I’m not sure) England’s first choice left-back.  I am really hoping he can turn this around and give us the form we were used to seeing from him, especially as he is now entering the prime of his career. Rating: 5/10

MIDFIELD

Ricardo Marques (2030), 25 Years Old, Left Winger: Marques is, without a shadow of a doubt, or most marquee and talented player – he is considered a “World-Class Talent” by my coaching staff and he is a key member of the England national which won the World 2034 and reached the Semi-Finals in Argentina 2038.  That being said, this was not his finest season for us, although it was a good season overall – in 34 Appearances, he registered 14 Goals, 10 Assists, 2 PoMs, 1.18 TpG, 1.50 DpG, and 7.22 AR, which was down from 7.44 AR two seasons ago.  He definitely plays better on the left-wing as an Inside Forward than he does as a striker, and he had a few outstanding games for us, but it was one of his less consistent seasons.  It is not a coincidence that we had a down season in what is considered a down season for him, because he has the capability – and does – win games almost by himself for us.  Rating: 7.5/10

Josh Vincent (2030), 25 Years Old, Central Midfield: Two years after dealing with a major injury, Vincent delivered the finest season of his career thus far.  Impressively, he has not missed a single game in the last two seasons, which speaks volumes about his durability given how sever his injury was (hip).  In 38 Appearances, he tied his career-highs with both 7 Goals and 6 Assists, while also registering 1.36 TpG, 0.95 DpG, 48 Key Passes (2nd in PL), and a career-high 7.14 AR.  He also led the league in Total Distance Covered with 497.80 kms, which points to how hard he works.  Reliable, durable, and consistent, he is the personification of a workhouse CM – he might never be the most talented player on the pitch, but you can be sure he will be amongst the hardest working.  Rating: 7.5/10

Dennis Duncan (2031), 23 Years Old, Right Winger: A torn thigh muscle ruled him out for just under 3 months, and he ended up playing in 26 Games this season, registering 5 Goals, 9 Assists, 2 PoMs, and 7.15 AR, which was a career-high - he also registered 15 Chances Created (5th in PL), despite his limited appearances.  We have a hot new prospect in Peacock who is immediately going to threaten Duncan’s place in the starting eleven, but like Curtis Slone, he will definitely remain part of the rotation.  Even though he has done well for us, I cannot deny the talent of Peacock, who has a chance to make us better down the right wing.  Rating: 7.5/10

ATTACK

Dan Demby (2027), 26 Years Old, Striker: With Daniel Jackson setting the Premier League on fire, Demby took a backseat for the first time in a few years, but still delivered one of his finest seasons in his career.  He played in all 38 Games, registering 16 Goals and leading the PL with 17 Assists, to go along with his 58% Shot Target (10th in PL), 43 Key Passes (8th in PL), 17 Chances Created (5th in PL), and 7.19 AR, up from 7.12 AR last season.  He was an integral part of the offense that was ranked one of the best in the PL, and has a real opportunity to be a 20+ Goals, 15+ Assists player in the coming few years as he enters his prime.  Rating: 7.5/10

HOT PROSPECTS

Giorgos Panagiotou (2035), 19 Years Old, Central Defender: He looked so good coming out of the Kafra Youth Academy, and I really had high expectations from him, but he has barely developed since.  He has shown some growth, of course, but nowhere near what I had hoped – my coaching staff have now dropped him down to 4/5 PA.  This was his 4th season as a starter for us, and played in all 38 Games, registering 1.32 TpG and 6.82 AR, a big improvement over last year when he had to deal with injuries and registered 6.70 AR.  He is very good in the air, and his Defensive skills have gotten better, but I wish he had developed the way I had hoped.  Still, he remains a solid starting option for us. 

Keith Bamford (2036), 19 Years Old, Right Defender: Like Panagiotou, I am disappointed with Bamford’s development, as he has shown almost no progress in the past three years since coming up from the youth academy.  He really had the look of a fantastic right-back, but at his current abilities, he is just an average one for this level of football.  Still, there has been positives – he again played in all 38 Games (he has missed 1 Game the past 3 years), and his 6.72 AR was a career-high and a big improvement over the 6.67 AR from last season.  Unless he shows some drastic improvement in the next year or two, however, he will remain at best an average prospect/player for us. 

Tomas Rodrigues (2036), 18 Years Old, Central Defender: Joining the trend of disappointing defensive prospects is Rodrigues, and he might be the most disappointing yet.  After showing zero signs of improvement, I actually benched him and started Steven Smith for a while to see if he would help the defensive line perform better.  Rodrigues ended up playing in 25 Games, registering 1.18 TpG and 6.72 AR, which was actually a career-high.  Like Bamford and Panagiotou, he looked excellent coming out of the youth academy, but his lack of progress means that he is now just an average player. 

Mick Muller (2037), 18 Years Old, Central Midfielder: So far, so good for Muller, who has shown everything required thus far in his young career – he has progressed nicely in training with his attributes improving significantly, and he his form was better in his sophomore season as compared to his rookie year.  In 37 Appearances, he registered 1 Goal, 3 Assists, 5.27 TpG, 79% Pass Ratio, and 6.83 AR (up from 6.76 AR) – he showed good defensive instincts, and that is definitely his strength at this time.  We need his offensive game to develop more, but was solid for us. 

Tom Craig (2037), 17 Years Old, Central Midfielder:  Craig did not get much playing time in his rookie year, making only 4 Appearances, but my coaching staff still have him rated at 5/5 PA.  He showed some improvements in his attributes, although it was nothing pronounced, so the judgement is out on how good he can be. 

IMPORTANT PLAYERS LEAVING/RETIRING

Adam LaingCareer: The oldest player on the team at 30 years old this season, Laing was perhaps our most important defender during the late 2020s and early 2030s.  His finest season came during our last season in the Championship when we got promoted, but through the first few years of our PL experience, Laing remained perhaps the best defender we had.  Replaced in the mid-2030s by young prospects, Laing played a total of 330 League Games for Kafra, registering a 6.86 AR. 

YOUTH INTAKE

t8EHKL.jpg

Cg6Bnj.jpg

Not a great Intake – I like Josh Peacock and he looks like a potential threat to Duncan down the right-wing, but we are still waiting for our Academy to give us another Yuill or Marques.  Nathan Johnson has the look of a capable GK – he could be a fine No.2 behind Aaron Taylor if he develops well, but other than that, it was a relatively disappointing Intake.

g3przy.jpg

Veq04T.jpg

Em 18/02/2019 em 08:55, abulezz disse:

Thanks! I have a real issue with my Junior Coaching - they just wont give me the option of making it better, and I think its holding my Intakes back.  

It's because your reputation didn't reach the threshold needed in comparison to other teams in the Premier League. Take a look at what levels other teams are, and if you are the only lagging behind maybe create a thread in the bugs forum?

20 hours ago, l4nd3r said:

It's because your reputation didn't reach the threshold needed in comparison to other teams in the Premier League. Take a look at what levels other teams are, and if you are the only lagging behind maybe create a thread in the bugs forum?

I checked my rep - its at 4/5 stars currently, which I assume is OK for a Premier League club.  Let's see if us qualifying for the Europa League will do anything for our rep! 

5 hours ago, numbas2 said:

Boom, Europe!

Someone should really create you a Kafra club badge (be nice if you had the logo pack)... and you should have it as your profile picture too... :)

Lol - that would be incredible, after four years to finally have a proper Kafra badge! 

SEASON REVIEW 2039/2040

TEAM REVIEW

Our most successful year to date (7th Place, Europa League placement) is directly associated with our significant improvement on defense – we went from constantly being the worst defensive team in the Premier League to being the 13th best.  The was the difference maker, and it seemed putting Steven Smith back in the lineup proved what a bad decision to have taken him out to support the growth of the underachieving Rodrigues.  Our defensive players showed improvement almost across the board, with our captain actually being the worst performing one, although he was not too bad.  Couple that with our typically strong offense and a career year from Ricardo Marques, and we pushed and earned a spot in Europe for next season.  Our offense was 3rd best in the PL, with Marques and Demby finished 2nd and 3rd, respectively, in the Top Goalscorer award.

Chelsea, led by the strong player of Ivorian Herve Yao (27 Apps, 32 Goals, 7.71 AR), won the PL for the 2nd straight year, beating out Man City (2nd) and Tottenham (3rd).  Man United (4th) finally got it together under new coach Hannes Wolf and ended up in their best position in 4 years – more importantly, they are back in the Champions League.  Everton (5th) had another surprisingly strong season, finishing just ahead of rivals Liverpool (6th) and Kafra (7th) – we captured the last Europa League spot, beating Burnley (who seem to have our number lately) and Leicester (9th) for it.  Arsenal (11th) were a complete disappointment, but there were no surprises at the bottom.

zZQ0JB.jpg

RqJ3Eh.jpg

vhcqD7.jpg

idcyBb.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Ricardo Marques (2030), 26 Years Old, Left Winger (59 Caps/29 Goals): He kept me waiting until 6 months before his contract expired to sign a new one, but I am relieved he finally did.  To repay the club for his brand new £300K per week monster of a contract, he delivered his finest season yet, and at this point, I think the debate about whether Marques or Hodges is our GOAT becomes a relevant one.  In 37 Appearances, he registered 27 Goals (career-high, 2nd in PL), 12 Assists, 9 PoMs (2nd in PL), 57 Key Passes (2nd in PL), 15 Chances Created (4th in PL), and 7.56 AR (career-high, 2nd in PL).  Our 7th Place finish this year was directly related to this man – without him, we would have again been meddling in the lower mid-table.  He won so many games for us this year I lost count, and even though he started losing steam towards the end of the season, Marques still managed to score 4 Goals in the last 6 Games.  He was named to the PL Team Select for the 2nd time in his career, and it was fully deserved.  Rating: 9.5/10

DEFENSE

Aaron Taylor (2033), 23 Years Old, Goalkeeper: Compared to our historical numbers, finishing 13th best in the PL defensively is something of a miracle, and Taylor definitely played his part.  My coaching staff opinion of him and his potential has dropped significantly (from Wonderkid to 3.5/5 PA), but he remains our finest GK by far, and definitely up to PL standards.  In 38 Games, he registered 1.74 Con/90, 7 Clean Sheets (both tied for career-highs), and 6.90 AR.  I wish he would have developed better as he had the look of a world-class No.1, but he stagnated in terms of his growth.  The goal now is for him to start giving us 7.00+ AR seasons, which I think he is totally capable of.  Rating: 6.5/10

Terry Howell (2027), 29 Years Old, Left Defender (64 Caps):  His 6.76 AR was the lowest out of all our starters, which can be construed as a good thing.  It was also his highest mark in 3 years, and a significant improvement over the 6.63 AR disaster he provided us with last season.  He played in 37 Games, also registering 3 Assists, 3.08 TpG, and 85 Interceptions.  Overall, it was not a bad season from the veteran, but long are the days were our captain was one of our most vital players on the pitch – now his importance is associated almost exclusively with his influence.  Rating: 6/10

Steven Smith (2028), 28 Years Old, Central Defender: If there ever was a player that refused to accept his relegation to the bench and continued fighting until he earned back his starting spot, it is Smith.  After preferring the development of Rodrigues (who did not turn out how I wanted) to Smith, he is back in the starting lineup and gave us his finest since we got promoted to the PL.  In 37 Games, he registered 2 PoMs, 1.87 TpG, 172 Interceptions (1st in PL), 68 Shots Blocked (1st in PL), 85% Headers Won (1st in PL), 89 Key Headers (2nd in PL), 15 Key Tackles (2nd in PL), and 6.94 AR.  Relegating him from starter to rotational player was a big mistake, and it is no coincidence that our much improved defensive performance came during the season he returned to the starting lineup.  Rating: 7/10

Giorgos Panagiotou (2035), 20 Years Old, Central Defender: His best season yet, not only in form but also in his improvement concerning his attributes.  In 36 Games, he registered 2 Goals, 2 PoMs, 1.85 TpG, 142 Interceptions, 12 Key Tackles, and a career-high 6.92 AR – his previous best was 6.89 AR.  He has actually taken on the description of ‘Wonderkid’, and the only negative about him according to my staff is his Technique.  I taught him the trait of ‘Stay back at all times” and it seems to have helped him.  At this point, although he is not as good as I had hoped he will be, he is our best CD.  Rating: 7/10

Keith Bamford (2036), 20 Years Old, Right Defender: In the four seasons he has been with the club, he has been our starter and has only missed a single game – in fact, he has not missed any games in the past three seasons.  This year, in those 38 Appearances, he registered 4 Assists, 1.61 TpG, 111 Interceptions, 1,271 Completed Passes (2nd on team), and a career-high 6.82 – he has now improved his form in every one of his four years.  The only thing I can complain about at this point is the fact that he has shown very little improvement over the years, and although he is of decent quality for the PL, he is not of the standard that I need to compete for a top four position.  Rating: 6.5/10

MIDFIELD

Josh Vincent (2030), 26 Years Old, Central Midfield: This was another good season from Vincent, who has now missed only one game in the past three years.  In 37 Appearances, he registered 3 Goals, 6 Assists, 1.06 TpG, 78% Pass Ratio, 60 Key Passes (1st in PL), 104 Interceptions, 1,821 Completed Passes (1st on team), and 7.11 AR, which was his second straight year of 7.10+ AR.  He is our workhorse in the middle, and seemingly never stops moving – it helps that he has good pace, and he certainly benefits from his good work rate.  He is considered a good player for most PL sides by my staff, but for us, he remains one of our most valuable players.  Rating: 7.5/10

ATTACK

Dan Demby (2027), 29 Years Old, Striker (11 Caps/0 Goals): What a season from Demby, who surely must be considered a club legend by now.  In 38 Appearances, he registered 25 Goals (3rd in PL), 6 Assists, 4 PoMs, 79% Pass Ratio, 58% Shot Target, and 7.26 AR – his assists numbers were way down from last season, but his goals were up, and for the 3rd time in his career, he scored 20+ Goals in the Premier League.  He has now scored 202 League Goals for us in total over his career, along with 99 Assists and 7.12 AR in 469 Games.  For the first time in his career, his description is now ‘Elite Striker’, which I think he fully deserves as he has been one of the PL’s top performing strikers for the better part of the decade. Rating: 7.5/10

Daniel Jackson (2035), 20 Years Old, Striker (1 Cap): After setting the PL on fire last season, our young striker came crashing back down to earth.  It was not an especially bad season, but not one that even remotely compared to his phenomenal season last year.  In 38 Appearances, he registered 12 Goals (down from 33!), 10 Assists, 76% Pass Ratio, 40% Shot Target (down from 67%), and 6.98 AR (down from 7.53).  He earned his first cap for England based on his performances from last year, and obviously he proved that he was capable of being an unstoppable force.  Hopefully next year will resemble 2038/39 instead of the one. Rating: 7/10

HOT PROSPECTS

Mick Muller (2037), 19 Years Old, Central Midfielder: Although a hernia injury ruled him out for about a month and a half, Muller still delivered a good season for us and showed what type of form he is capable of.  In 31 Appearances, he registered 6 Goals, 7 Assists, 3 PoMs, 2.33 TpG, 79% Pass Ratio, and 7.03 AR, which was a career-high and an improvement on the 6.83 AR from last season.  He has also taken the description of ‘Wonderkid’, and showed good growth in his attributes, especially the Physical and Mental attributes.  I would like to see him improve in his Technical and Attacking abilities, but so far, he has been a real gem from the Kafra Academy for us.

Tom Craig (2038), 18 Years Old, Central Midfielder:  Playing in 12 Games this season, Craig showed a bit of a goalscoring touch, netting 3 Goals to go along with 1.62 TpG, 82% Shot Target, and 6.88 AR.  His growth was stagnant until the second half of the season, and then his development picked up, which was encouraging.  I like his Technical abilities, and he is still rated at 5/5 PA, so I will continue to provide him with opportunities to prove himself next season.

Josh Peacock (2039), 17 Years Old, Right Winger: I took the chance and immediately threw Peacock in the starting lineup during his rookie season, replacing the reliable but relatively limited Dennis Duncan at right wing.  It was a relatively successful experiment – we finished in a record high of 7th Place, Peacock had good numbers (37 Apps, 4 Goals, 11 Assists, 1.45 TpG, 1.57 DpG, 6.98 AR), and the playing time helped accelerate his improvement a lot.  His ceiling as a player is still a bit of a mystery, but I am slightly concerned that my coaching staff lowered him to a 4.5/5 PA instead of the full 5/5.  He has all the right abilities, now its just a matter of improving enough for him to be the kind of caliber of player I am looking for. 

Nathan Johnson (2039), 17 Years Old, Goalkeeper: Although he did not play and has yet to make his debut, I wanted to feature Johnson because he looks like he could be something special.  Of course, it is all contingent on how well he develops, but he has strength in all the right abilities. 

None of note.

YOUTH INTAKE

nqxDeW.jpg

L6Zhsh.jpg

I like the Gary Barrett – he looks like he could challenge Bamford for some playing time at right-back soon if he develops quick.  Matthew Walker also looks like he could potentially develop into a quality striker, but again it depends on how fast he improves.  There is not much to look out outside of those two, however, so it is another relatively shallow Intake.

6GhS9J.jpg

YOUTH CLASS REVIEW

2038/2039: Highlighted by our new starter at right-wing Josh Peacock and our No.2 GK Nathan Johnson, this Intake looks like it could give us a couple of good players.

2037/2038: For now the only stand-out prospect from this Intake is Tom Craig, although Sean Morrison and Paul Hill might end up making something of themselves, as well.  TOP PLAYERS: Tom Craig

2036/2037: Mick Muller has been the shining prospect from the ’37 Youth Class, and the only real contributor.  TOP PLAYERS: Mick Muller

2035/2036: The ’36 Youth Class delivered two starters right off the bat in right-back Keith Bamford and CD Tomas Rodrigues – the former still holds his position but the latter did not develop well enough to hold his starting spot, and is now part of the rotation but now the starting eleven. TOP PLAYERS: Keith Bamford, Tomas Rodrigues

2034/2035: Daniel Jackson has become the clear star of the ’35 Youth Class, which also delivered us our current starter at CD, Giorgos Panagiotou TOP PLAYERS: Giorgos Panagiotou, Daniel Jackson

2033/2034: A weak Intake which netted us no real contributors to the first team.  Dylan O’Keefe has seen a bit of action, but still rarely plays.  TOP PLAYERS: Dylan O’Keefe

2032/2033: Aaron Taylor is easily one of the best prospects to ever be delivered by the Kafra Youth Academy, and he is already our starting GK.  There are no other prospects of note other than Taylor.  TOP PLAYERS: Aaron Taylor

2031/2032: A weak Intake, with the best prospect being Callum Foley, who served as our starter at CM for a couple of years and is not part of the rotation.  TOP PLAYERS: Callum Foley

2030/2031: Dennis Duncan is our current starter at right-wing, but other than that, there has not really been anyone who has amounted to much from this weak class.  TOP PLAYERS: Dennis Duncan

2029/2030: The top prospect from the ’30 Youth Class is Ricardo Marques, who was named the 2034 World Cup Best Young Player and has won the Kafra Player of the Year 7 times.  Marques and Jim Yuill from the ’26 Youth Class are definitely our top prospects to come out of the Kafra Youth Academy.  The other notable prospect from the ’30 Youth Class is our starting CM Josh Vincent.  TOP PLAYERS: Ricardo Marques, Josh Vincent

2028/2029: The top two prospects from this Intake were Kwame Nartey and Ben Foyston, neither of which have a significant part to play on the team anymore.  TOP PLAYERS: Kwame Nartey, Ben Foyston

2027/2028: The best player from the ’28 Youth Class is Curtis Slone, who is a three time Kafra Player of the Year, 2031 U21 World Footballer of the Year, and 2032 PL Top Goalscorer.  The rest of the prospects from this youth class were all defenders, with the best of them having been our current CD starter Steven Smith.  TOP PLAYERS: Curtis Slone, Steven Smith, Dan Ellis

2026/2027: The stars of the ’27 Youth Class are England international Terry Howell, who is now our starting left-back, and the 2037 PL leading Goalscorer and 2036 Kafra Player of the Year Dan Demby.  Ryan Jones remains the only other player of note from this talented youth class.  TOP PLAYERS: Terry Howell, Dan Demby, Ryan Jones

2025/2026: The best player from the ’26 Youth Class is right-winger Jim Yuill – he left the club for £6.25M to Everton, then sold to Arsenal for £64M, and at the beginning of the 2036/37 season, he joined Malaga for an astonishing £129M.  He is easily the most talented player to come out of the Kafra Youth Academy in its history, and the England right winger is now entering prime of his career.  The other two players of note are Louie Weir, who started at right back for us a few seasons, and John Cooper, who was part of the rotation at MC and SC.  TOP PLAYERS:Jim YuillYuill CareerYuill Biography, John Cooper, Louie Weir

2024/2025:  Adam Laing is currently the only member of the first team left from the ’24 Youth Class, with Nelson Peres having left the club on Free Transfer.  The only other player of note is Marcus Clarke, who was with PL club Southampton but retired at the age of 25 after being let go.  Clarke was a wasted talent – he was amongst the leading goalscorers at the tournament for England in the 2029 U20 World Cup.  TOP PLAYERS: Marcus Clarke, Adam Laing, Nelson Peres

2023/2024:  What initially was by far our strongest Intake has slowly eroded into an underachieving one – several players are still in the game playing high level football, but none remain at the club.  TOP PLAYERS: Jonathan Sheckleford, Joseph Oliseh, Gary Bowen, Mike Beverley, Roberto Santos

2022/2023: With Mike Rigby now having left the club, there is no one from this Intake that remains part of the first team.  While not the weakest Intake, the ’23 Youth Class has been perhaps the most disappointing and underachieving. TOP PLAYERS: Mike Rigby

2021/2022:  The ’22 Youth Class has a clear best player in GK Rhys Lalite, who was our starter throughout the 2020s and early 2030s. The other two noteworthy players are Kyle Connolly, who bounced around League 2 and League 1 before playing several seasons with Swindon,  and Anthony Garrard, who left the club in 2031.  TOP PLAYERS: Kyle Connolly, Rhys Lalite, Anthony Garrard

2020/2021: Widely considered our weakest Intake, no one from this Intake is still in the game.  Adam Burgon was the best player from the ’21 Youth Class, playing a few games for the club.  TOP PLAYERS: Adam Burgon

2019/2020: Sam Rodon is the only player of note from the ’20 Youth Class. He was one of the club’s most valuable players in the 2020s, playing at CM and appearing in 475 Games with a 6.86 AR. Niall Jackson was a back-up at the winger and striker positions from the early 2020s to the late 2020s, before joining Dorchester and retiring in 2030.  TOP PLAYERS: Sam Rodon

2018/19: Emmanuel Adu remains the only player in football from the ’19 Youth Class, playing with Wycombe in the League Two.  Olisema is the only other player of note from our first Youth Class, as he was a rotational defender for us in the early to mid 2020s.  TOP PLAYERS: Emmanuel Adu, Benjamin Olisema

Edited by abulezz

Isn't 4.5 PA now "could be as good as Marques" - which is pretty special! Congratz on what is hopefully a breakthrough season. If you do the same again, plus relative development of players, plus Daniel Jackson returning another 7.53 season (hopefully!) then perhaps you can push on?

Hopefully the Europa league gives more playing time shared around too.

3 hours ago, numbas2 said:

Isn't 4.5 PA now "could be as good as Marques" - which is pretty special! Congratz on what is hopefully a breakthrough season. If you do the same again, plus relative development of players, plus Daniel Jackson returning another 7.53 season (hopefully!) then perhaps you can push on?

Hopefully the Europa league gives more playing time shared around too.

If they ever get to 4.5, then yes, they should be close to the talent of Marques - they always seem to fall off and rarely hit their potential, though! 

Daniel Jackson looks like the second coming of Demby, which isn't a bad thing, but I don't think he is going to develop into the type of world-beater like Marques.  Hell of a season from him though! 

Right now, we don't have any "World-Class" players outside of Marques, I think, and I don't really see any of our prospects becoming as such.  Hopefully, players like Muller and Peacock will prove me wrong, though! 

Hi @abulezz

I just got up to date with my favorite virtual team :D 

Such an nice and enjoyable read every time, i think i went back a couple of times just to re-read what you wrote when one of players got drafted hehe

Now, to the questions: would you mind sharing your tactic, or at least the striker and midfield partnerships?

Big thanks for writing this year after year!

3 hours ago, Marbah said:

Hi @abulezz

I just got up to date with my favorite virtual team :D 

Such an nice and enjoyable read every time, i think i went back a couple of times just to re-read what you wrote when one of players got drafted hehe

Now, to the questions: would you mind sharing your tactic, or at least the striker and midfield partnerships?

Big thanks for writing this year after year!

Thank you for reading year after year! Anyone who takes the time to write up a save knows that comments like this mean the world!

In regards to the tactics, check the picture below.  If you need any further details, just let me know!

ruWFeN.jpg

I guess we don't get a soft introduction - look at this group! Lazio and Dortmund have been Top 4 teams in their respective leagues for several years - Sevilla has fallen to mid-table obscurity but have been reviving themselves the past couple of years.

46UIMC.jpg

SEASON REVIEW 2040/2041

TEAM REVIEW

Tough season – our defense undid all the progress from last season and totally collapsed.  We went from being a decent 13th best defense in the Premier League to going back to being the worst one, which was hugely disappointing.  Our defense cost us in Europe, as well – our Quarter-Finals Europa League matchup with Real Hispalis saw us lose 4-0 at home and concede 5 away from home.  Our offense, once again, carried the burden of keeping the team safe from relegation, which it did efficiently for the most part.  Demby was a star for us, but Jackson looks like a completely different player than the one that set the Premier League on fire two seasons ago.  Marques set a new career-high in Assists, but he was definitely better last season overall.  We will not be returning to Europe next season as we fell to 11th Place, and its obvious there is work to be done before we can look towards qualification.

The Premier League was won by Chelsea for the 3rd straight year, led their Ivorian star striker Harve Yao, who captured the PL Footballer of the Year for the second straight season as he led the PL with 25 Goals and 7.55 AR.  Tottenham finished 2nd, which was their highest finish since winning the PL in 2034, and last season’s runner-up Man City finished in 3rd.  Rounding up the Champions League spots was Arsenal, whose improvement under their new manager Wesley Lautoa has been substantial – they were in 11th Place last season but found themselves in 4th this year.  Everton (5th), Watford (6th), and Man United (7th) grabbed the Europa League spot, leaving Liverpool (8th) on the outside looking in.  Southampton (19th) were the biggest disappointment of the season, as no one expected them to get relegated yet they did. 

o3t90L.jpg

NuEhkT.jpg

brLszM.jpg

5YbreQ.jpg

t0UMy9.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Dan Demby (2027), 30 Years Old, Striker (15 Caps/1 Goals): In the past two years, Demby has scored 49 League Goals in 73 Games – this season, he had 24 Goals (tied for 1st in PL), 4 Assists, 4 PoMs, 81% Pass Ratio, 1.12 DpG, 60% Shot Target, and 7.27 AR in 35 Appearances.  That earned him his 2nd ever Kafra Player of the Year award, and he fully deserved it – with Marques and Jackson both having less than stellar seasons, Demby proved again his reliability, carrying our offense on several occasions.  It is hard to believe that he is now 30 years old, and how now played in over 500 League Games (504) for us.  He is a club legend for sure.  Rating: 8/10

DEFENSE

Aaron Taylor (2033), 24 Years Old, Goalkeeper: I am conflicted about Taylor – on the one hand, I am disappointed in how he has turned out, but on the other hand, he continues to deliver consistently decent seasons.  Maybe that is what I don’t like – that fact that he is only decent when he had the look of a world-beater when he came out of the Academy.  He played in all 38 Games for the 3rd straight year, registering 2.11 Con/90 (down from 1.74 last season), 4 Clean Sheets, and 6.94 AR, which was actually up from 6.90 AR last year.  He is not going to get any better, which is a shame, but he is a decent PL GK who gets the job done.  I just wish he had lived up to his potential.  Rating: 6.5/10

Steven Smith (2028), 29 Years Old, Central Defender: Still the recipient of several £6M bids from around the league, I am glad I stuck it out with Smith and kept him around.  He signed a new contract at the end of the season which will probably keep him around with us until the twilight or end of his career.  In 32 Appearances, he registered 2 Goals, 1.58 TpG, 78 Key Headers (4th in PL), 130 Interceptions (8th in PL), 83% Headers Won (7th in PL), 49 Shots Blocked (2nd in PL), and 6.92 AR.  He has formed a pretty good partnership with Panagiotou in the middle of our backline, and despite my defense’s utterly embarrassing season, Smith and Panagiotou consistently rank as some of the better CDs in the league.  Rating: 6.5/10

Giorgos Panagiotou (2035), 21 Years Old, Central Defender: Appearing in all 38 Games , Giorgos registered 1.78 TpG, 10 Key Tackles (7th in PL), 85 Key Headers (2nd in PL), 188 Interceptions (1st in PL), 59 Shots Blocked (1st in PL), and 6.82, which is down from 6.92 AR last season.  He was quite as consistent as last season, and that probably had an effect on the overall performance of the entire defensive line since he is widely considered our best defender.  He is already of a Premier League level, according to my staff, and can still get reasonably better, so that is encouraging.  Rating: 6.5/10

MIDFIELD

Ricardo Marques (2030), 27 Years Old, Left Winger (71 Caps/35 Goals): Even though he took 3rd Place in the World Footballer of the Year, this season was actually a step back from last year.  In 37 Appearances, he registered 16 Goals, 16 Assists (career-high, 2nd in PL), 6 PoMs, 1.84 DpG, and 7.26 AR (down from 7.56 AR last season).  Our only “World Class” player currently, he remains an absolute beast for us and by far our most important player.  He is also one of England’s most important players as well and continues to rack up personal awards.  He is now entering what is supposed to be his prime years, so I am excited to see what can form he delivers in the next 4-5 years.  Rating: 8/10

Josh Vincent (2030), 27 Years Old, Central Midfield: Another decent year from Vincent, although like Marques it was a step back from last season.  In 36 Appearances, he registered 1 Goal, 7 Assists, 1.30 TpG, 79% Pass Ratio, 46 Key Passes (3rd in PL), and 6.97 AR (down from 7.11 AR).  This was his 11th year with us and has been a loyal servant of the club the entire way.  Consistency and reliability in the middle of the pitch has been his calling card, and although he isn’t the most talented CM around, he remains one of our most important players.  Rating: 7/10

ATTACK

Daniel Jackson (2035), 22 Years Old, Striker (2 Caps): His incredible season two years ago is starting to look like an aberration – for the second straight year, he disappointed and failed in living up to the lofty standards of his 2038/39 season.  In 35 Appearances, he registered 12 Goals, 4 Assists, and 6.96 AR – the worst part, however, has been his complete lack of improvement the past couple of years.  It seems he reached his potential early and has gone from being a “Wonderkid” to just a regular striker.  I wish his development had continued, because he looked capable of being one of those players that just sets the league on fire for 8-10 years, but it is safe to say that is not going to happen anymore.  Rating: 7/10

HOT PROSPECTS

Mick Muller (2037), 20 Years Old, Central Midfielder: Our latest “Wonderkid”, Muller had a good season.  In 33 Appearances, he registered 7 Goals, 7 Assists, 2 PoMs, 2.23 TpG, 79% Pass Ratio, and 7.03 AR, maintaining the standard he had set last year.  He made slight improvements in his abilities over the course of the year, but nothing significant – I really hope his growth doesn’t stagnant and that we get one more year of real development from him.   

Tom Craig (2038), 19 Years Old, Central Midfielder:  He had 16 Appearances this year, registering 3 Goals, 1.41 TpG, 83% Pass Ratio, 1.02 DpG, and 6.77 AR, which was down from 6.88 AR last season.  He continues to get better, but at a slow pace, and I don’t see him becoming the kind of player that will push either Muller or Vincent out of their starting spots.  Still, he has shown he can be useful when played, although I will look for better form from him next season. 

Josh Peacock (2039), 18 Years Old, Right Winger: He has not really shown the type of development I have been looking for since he became our starter, and his sophomore year was actually worse than his rookie one.  In 34 Appearances, he registered 2 Goals, 9 Assists (down from 11), 1.58 TpG, 1.72 DpG, and 6.85 AR (down from 6.98 AR).  Still, he is very young, and the potential is there.  If we can get a good two years of development out of him, he could be a dangerous weapon down the wing for us.    

Nathan Johnson (2039), 18 Years Old, Goalkeeper: Yet to make his debut, but I feel like I am going to give him some games next season just to see how good he can get.  I am intrigued by his potential, as are my coaching staff, and he has shown encouraging improvements in his abilities despite not having any playing time. 

Gary Barrett (2040), 17 Years Old, Right Defender: I love his Mental attributes, and he has the look of a player that can challenge current starter Bamford for the right-back spot soon.  His form was not good in his rookie season (14 Apps, 2.49 TpG, 6.54 AR), but I will not hold any judgement now as the right-back positions have historically been tough positions in my system. 

None of note.

YOUTH INTAKE

yiAHWL.jpg

xbwTQ2.jpg

A very defender-heavy Intake, which is not necessarily a bad thing since my defensive line is complete crap right now.  All three of the prospects I highlighted seem to have potential, and Diallo is rated 5/5 PA by my coaching staff.  If only one of them ends up making my defensive line better, then this Intake would be considered a success.

64xTfL.jpg

7oGW8D.jpg

YOUTH CLASS REVIEW

2039/2040: Gary Barrett is the only prospect worth nothing so far, although he does look like could end up being a special player.

2038/2039: Highlighted by our new starter at right-wing Josh Peacock and our No.2 GK Nathan Johnson, this Intake looks like it could give us a couple of good players. TOP PLAYERS: Josh Peacock, Nathan Johnson

2037/2038: For now the only stand-out prospect from this Intake is Tom Craig, although Sean Morrison and Paul Hill might end up making something of themselves, as well.  TOP PLAYERS: Tom Craig

2036/2037: Mick Muller has been the shining prospect from the ’37 Youth Class, and the only real contributor.  TOP PLAYERS: Mick Muller

2035/2036: The ’36 Youth Class delivered two starters right off the bat in right-back Keith Bamford and CD Tomas Rodrigues – the former still holds his position but the latter did not develop well enough to hold his starting spot, and is now part of the rotation but now the starting eleven. TOP PLAYERS: Keith Bamford, Tomas Rodrigues

2034/2035: Daniel Jackson has become the clear star of the ’35 Youth Class, which also delivered us our current starter at CD, Giorgos Panagiotou TOP PLAYERS: Giorgos Panagiotou, Daniel Jackson

2033/2034: A weak Intake which netted us no real contributors to the first team.  Dylan O’Keefe has seen a bit of action, but still rarely plays.  TOP PLAYERS: Dylan O’Keefe

2032/2033: Aaron Taylor is easily one of the best prospects to ever be delivered by the Kafra Youth Academy, and he is already our starting GK.  There are no other prospects of note other than Taylor.  TOP PLAYERS: Aaron Taylor

2031/2032: A weak Intake, with the best prospect being Callum Foley, who served as our starter at CM for a couple of years and is not part of the rotation.  TOP PLAYERS: Callum Foley

2030/2031: Dennis Duncan is our current starter at right-wing, but other than that, there has not really been anyone who has amounted to much from this weak class.  TOP PLAYERS: Dennis Duncan

2029/2030: The top prospect from the ’30 Youth Class is Ricardo Marques, who was named the 2034 World Cup Best Young Player and has won the Kafra Player of the Year 7 times.  Marques and Jim Yuill from the ’26 Youth Class are definitely our top prospects to come out of the Kafra Youth Academy.  The other notable prospect from the ’30 Youth Class is our starting CM Josh Vincent.  TOP PLAYERS: Ricardo Marques, Josh Vincent

2028/2029: The top two prospects from this Intake were Kwame Nartey and Ben Foyston, neither of which have a significant part to play on the team anymore.  TOP PLAYERS: Kwame Nartey, Ben Foyston

2027/2028: The best player from the ’28 Youth Class is Curtis Slone, who is a three time Kafra Player of the Year, 2031 U21 World Footballer of the Year, and 2032 PL Top Goalscorer.  The rest of the prospects from this youth class were all defenders, with the best of them having been our current CD starter Steven Smith.  TOP PLAYERS: Curtis Slone, Steven Smith, Dan Ellis

2026/2027: The stars of the ’27 Youth Class are England international Terry Howell, who is now our starting left-back, and the 2037 PL leading Goalscorer and 2036 Kafra Player of the Year Dan Demby.  Ryan Jones remains the only other player of note from this talented youth class.  TOP PLAYERS: Terry Howell, Dan Demby, Ryan Jones

2025/2026: The best player from the ’26 Youth Class is right-winger Jim Yuill – he left the club for £6.25M to Everton, then sold to Arsenal for £64M, and at the beginning of the 2036/37 season, he joined Malaga for an astonishing £129M.  He is easily the most talented player to come out of the Kafra Youth Academy in its history, and the England right winger is now entering prime of his career.  The other two players of note are Louie Weir, who started at right back for us a few seasons, and John Cooper, who was part of the rotation at MC and SC.  TOP PLAYERS:Jim YuillYuill CareerYuill Biography, John Cooper, Louie Weir

2024/2025:  Adam Laing is currently the only member of the first team left from the ’24 Youth Class, with Nelson Peres having left the club on Free Transfer.  The only other player of note is Marcus Clarke, who was with PL club Southampton but retired at the age of 25 after being let go.  Clarke was a wasted talent – he was amongst the leading goalscorers at the tournament for England in the 2029 U20 World Cup.  TOP PLAYERS: Marcus Clarke, Adam Laing, Nelson Peres

2023/2024:  What initially was by far our strongest Intake has slowly eroded into an underachieving one – several players are still in the game playing high level football, but none remain at the club.  TOP PLAYERS: Jonathan Sheckleford, Joseph Oliseh, Gary Bowen, Mike Beverley, Roberto Santos

2022/2023: With Mike Rigby now having left the club, there is no one from this Intake that remains part of the first team.  While not the weakest Intake, the ’23 Youth Class has been perhaps the most disappointing and underachieving. TOP PLAYERS: Mike Rigby

2021/2022:  The ’22 Youth Class has a clear best player in GK Rhys Lalite, who was our starter throughout the 2020s and early 2030s. The other two noteworthy players are Kyle Connolly, who bounced around League 2 and League 1 before playing several seasons with Swindon,  and Anthony Garrard, who left the club in 2031.  TOP PLAYERS: Kyle Connolly, Rhys Lalite, Anthony Garrard

2020/2021: Widely considered our weakest Intake, no one from this Intake is still in the game.  Adam Burgon was the best player from the ’21 Youth Class, playing a few games for the club.  TOP PLAYERS: Adam Burgon

2019/2020: Sam Rodon is the only player of note from the ’20 Youth Class. He was one of the club’s most valuable players in the 2020s, playing at CM and appearing in 475 Games with a 6.86 AR. Niall Jackson was a back-up at the winger and striker positions from the early 2020s to the late 2020s, before joining Dorchester and retiring in 2030.  TOP PLAYERS: Sam Rodon

2018/19: Emmanuel Adu remains the only player in football from the ’19 Youth Class, playing with Wycombe in the League Two.  Olisema is the only other player of note from our first Youth Class, as he was a rotational defender for us in the early to mid 2020s.  TOP PLAYERS: Emmanuel Adu, Benjamin Olisema

18 hours ago, numbas2 said:

Disappointing! So who are Real Hispalas?

15 hours ago, Marbah said:

Its Real Betis from Spain :) he didn't delete the fake.inc files

Lol, I thought I did! I honestly thought that Real Betis had changed their name in real life! 

SEASON REVIEW 2041/2042

TEAM REVIEW

After struggling through last season and missing out on a spot in Europe, the team bounced back, showing great improvement and much more consistent form.  Led, as usual, by our stellar offense (Dan Demby was the PL’s Top Goalscorer with 30 Goals), the team battled its way back into a Europa League spot, despite some rough patches and a generally bad defense.  We were the best team offensively in the Premier League, but we countered that by being the worst team defensively.  I made a few changes in the lineup that I was not even thinking about at the beginning of the season, with the biggest being benching GK Aaron Taylor in favor of young prospect Nathan Johnson.  I also gave a few young CD prospects extended playing time, which might have contributed to our defensive frailty – then again, we have never been a team known for his defensive prowess in any case.  Our 5th Place finish was a record-high, and we were just 6 points off a Champions League spot, so we are inching closer.  The best news I received this season, however, was that my Junior Coaching is now at an Exceptional level – this happened after I downloaded the update, so it must have fixed that problem.

In the Premier League, Chelsea took the title for the 4th consecutive year (in these 4 years, they also won 2 Champions League titles), with Tottenham finishing as Runners-Up for the 2nd year in a row.  Man City (3rd) also finished in the same position as last year, but the big surprise was Watford (4th) capturing the last Champions League spot – this was a team that got promoted last season and finished 6th.  Sheffield United (6th) and Man United (7th) joined us in the Europa League.

In the Champions League, Malaga made its 3rd Finals in hopes of winning its first title, this time against first time Finalists Bordeaux – both teams won their respective leagues and were widely considered the best teams in Europe this season.  It was not to be for Malaga, as Bordeaux won their first ever title after 1-0 extra time victory – it would be the first time a French team won the competition since Paris Saint-Germain took it in 2033. 

ELvzYr.jpg

SdhF9v.jpg

6iL9d2.jpg

tN1sGf.jpg

FugzBe.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Dan Demby (2027), 31 Years Old, Striker (16 Caps/1 Goals): The Premier League’s Top Goalscorer with 30 Goals, Demby once again proved to be one of the most dangerous players in the PL.  For some reason, Demby reminds me of Andy Cole in a lot of ways, which is a compliment to the fake player.  In 38 Appearances (he has missed only 3 Games in the past 4 years, all coming last season), he registered a PL high 30 Goals, 6 Assists, 8 PoMs (career-high), 80% Pass Ratio, 68% Shot Target (2nd in PL), 23% Shot/Goal Conversion Rate (4th in PL), 52 Key Passes (3rd in PL), 12 Chances Created (5th in PL), and 7.46 AR (career-high and 4th in PL).  He was named in the PL Team of the Year for the 2nd time in his career (2036/37 was the 1st time), and was named the Kafra Player of the Year for the 3rd time, tying Curtis Slone for 3rd most of the award in the club’s history, behind only Lewis Hodges (10 times) and Ricardo Marques (6 times).  He now has 546 League Appearances and 246 League Goals under his belt, as well as 109 Assists and 7.15 AR over his career.  At this point, I would point him behind only Hodges and Marques in terms of greatest Kafra player of all-time.  Legend in all meaning of the word for us. Rating: 9/10

DEFENSE

Steven Smith (2028), 30 Years Old, Central Defender: He has spent more than half of his career looking over his shoulder as I sought more talented players to take his starting spot, but now as he turns 30, he remains our starter at CD and is fast approaching 500 League Games for us.  It is a testament to his consistency and reliability, and this season was no different – in a backline berift with problems, Smith was once again our most stable force.  In 35 Appearances, he registered 1.18 TpG (very low, I know), 77 Key Headers (3rd in PL), 151 Interceptions (2nd in PL), 86% Headers Won Ratio (5th in PL), 35 Shots Blocked (3rd in PL), and 6.94 AR (tied for career-best).  His Physical abilities are his strength (figuratively and literally), so as he ages, those will decline – hopefully it will not be too quick.  Rating: 7/10

Giorgos Panagiotou (2035), 22 Years Old, Central Defender: A couple of injuries put him out of action for over a month this season, limiting him to 30 Games, in which he registered 3 Goals, 1.85 TpG, 44 Shots Blocked (1st in PL), and 6.91 AR (up from 6.82 AR last season).  This was his 7th year as our starter at CD, so it’s a bit shocking when you realize he is only 22 years old. His Technical ability is non-existent, but he has continuously improved on his Defensive and Aerial abilities over the past few years, and he is a very decent PL CD at this point.   Rating: 7/10

MIDFIELD

Ricardo Marques (2030), 28 Years Old, Left Winger (85 Caps/40 Goals): Demby might have been our best player this year, but our most talented and influential player is without a doubt Marques – not only that, but he is arguably one of England’s top two or three players, as well.  In 38 Appearances, he registered 15 Goals, 14 Assists (2nd in PL), 5 PoMs, 1.18 TpG, 1.75 DpG, and 7.28 AR – he now has 183 Leagues Goals and 122 Assists along with a career average of 7.23 AR in 425 League Games for the club.  Considered a “World-Class Player”, he has no weaknesses except perhaps his weak influence.  The team would be a very different place without him, and he is now entering the prime of his career.  I have no doubt that when it is said all said and done, he would have replaced Lewis Hodges as our GOAT.  Rating: 8/10

Josh Vincent (2030), 28 Years Old, Central Midfield: This was one of Vincent’s better seasons, but we know exactly what we’re getting from Mr. Reliable.  In 37 Appearances, he registered 2 Goals, 5 Assists, 1.29 TpG, 78% Pass Ratio, 1.11 DpG, and 7.04 AR (up from 6.97 AR).  One of the hardest workers – if not THE hardest worker – on the team, Vincent has a motor that just keeps running no matter what.  From the same ’30 Youth Class as Ricardo Marques, he is the kind of player that does everything well enough but is not great at anything in particular.  Still, he remains one of our most important players, and at times, he is the team’s heartbeat in the middle of the pitch. Rating: 7/10

Mick Muller (2037), 21 Years Old, Central Midfielder: He is no longer classified as a “Wonderkid”, but my coaching staff still have him at 5/5 PA, with a 3.5/5 CA currently.  A fractured lower leg ended his season early, but he still managed 31 Appearances, registering 8 Goals, 4 Assists, 2 PoMs, 2.48 TpG, 81% Pass Ratio, and 7.16 AR, which was a career-high and a good improvement over 7.03 AR from last season.  He is a strong player despite his relatively small stature – he is a bit of bully on the pitch.  Hopefully he will bounce back from his major injury without any incidents – I expect him to be back and in full form by the beginning of next season.  Rating: 7/10

ATTACK

Daniel Jackson (2035), 23 Years Old, Striker (4 Caps/1 Goal): He scored 12 Goals for the 3rd straight season, so now we can officially classify his insane 2038/39 season an exception rather than the norm.  He added 8 Assists, 3 PoMs, and 7.05 AR (up from 6.96 AR) in 35 Appearance, so its not like he is a lost cause, but he just isn’t what he seemed he would become.  At this point, I am not against seeing who I have in terms of striker prospects and giving them some minutes at Jackson’s expense if it would aid their development.  With Demby getting older, I am not confident that Jackson will be able to fulfill the role that he would leave behind and consistently score 25 Goals a season.  Rating: 7/10

HOT PROSPECTS

Tom Craig (2038), 20Years Old, Central Midfielder:  He has improved a lot since coming out of the Youth Academy with the exception of his Determination, which has gone down from 19 to a paltry 12! He is branded as a “Wonderkid”, and I like his skill-set a lot.  I gave him a good run of playing time this season despite having two solid starters in Muller and Vincent, and he did reasonably well.  In 27 Appearances, he registered 6 Goals, 3 Assists, 1.15 TpG, 78% Pass Ratio, 1.01 DpG, and 6.86 AR.  With a little more improvement in the coming year or two, he could be quite a player. 

Josh Peacock (2039), 19 Years Old, Right Winger: He has not turned out to be the player I had hoped for, with minimal improvement in his attributes thus far.  I stuck with him as my starter, but the reality is Duncan used to give us more at the position.  In 30 Appearances, he registered 3 Goals, 7 Assists, 1.48 TpG, 75% Pass Ratio, 1.41 DpG, and 6.96 AR, which was an improvement over the 6.85 AR from last year.  My staff have already downgraded his PA to 4/5, and they don’t consider him a PL level player yet, which I agree with.  Let’s see if he will show any signs of late development in the upcoming season. 

Nathan Johnson (2039), 19 Years Old, Goalkeeper: Just two games into the season, I pulled the trigger and benched our long-time starter Aaron Taylor for Johnson and didn’t look back.  He is already Taylor’s equal in nearly every aspect, but the difference is Johnson has a lot of time and room to grow, while Taylor has reached his top potential already.  In 36 Games, he registered 2.14 Con/90 and 6.99 AR, which is in line with what Taylor was giving us.  If he continues improving at this pace, however, he will end up being a much better GK. 

Gary Barrett (2040), 18 Years Old, Right Defender: Barrett was another youngster who was given the chance to become a starter this season, as I benched Bamford in hopes the extra playing time would expedite his development.  He’s got a great skill-set – good Pace, good Mental abilities, and improving Defensive attributes.  The season wasn’t great in terms of form (32 Apps, 3 Assists, 2.09 TpG, 6.67 AR), but it was his first as our starter so I will not judge too harshly. 

Isaac Diallo (2041), 17 Years Old, Central Defender: My staff are big fans (5/5 PA), and he showed some good form in his 12 Appearances, registering 1.69 TpG and 6.89 AR – not bad numbers for his rookie season.  Now, he needs to buck the trend and actually develop well, something with CDs in the past have not done. 

None of note.

YOUTH INTAKE

XQC88j.jpg

4ITyN2.jpg

This looks like a decent Intake – this is my first one after the patch fixed my Junior Coaching level and made it Exceptional (it was stuck on Average for a number of years).  Boumsong looks like he could turn out to be a decent striker, but Brotherton is the one that really intrigues me.  We have had a bunch of defensive prospects that looked great coming out of the Academy that didn’t pan out over the years, so I am really hoping this one is different. 

apGUmz.jpg

AXg7DA.jpg

Looks like a decent group: Porto finished 4th in the Portuguese league last season, but were champions the year prior to that and were their league's dominant team in the 2030s - Sampdoria have been strictly a mid-table team for the past couple of decades, with their 5th Place finish last season their highest finish since 2031 - Red Star Belgrade won four titles in a row before finishing in 3rd Place in the Serbian league last season. 

IXa6W6.jpg

23 hours ago, Josep Mourinho said:

Just finished reading this whole thread and loving it! Hope you manage to get the league soon.

Thanks! We have some real tough competition at the top, and breaking into the Top Four is a feat in itself right now! 

SEASON REVIEW 2042/2043

TEAM REVIEW

M0KTJT.jpg

a5Vcdd.jpg

lvBxSx.jpg

AWMBHh.jpg

KEY PLAYERS

PLAYER OF THE YEAR

Ricardo Marques (2030), 29 Years Old, Left Winger (95 Caps/41 Goals): This is the 7th time Marques has won the Kafra Player of the Year, putting him behind only Lewis Hodges (10 times) for the record of most won.  Marques, however, has surpassed Hodges in the Kafra’s GOAT conversation – I don’t think there is any doubt that he is the best player to ever don a Kafra jersey.  In 34 Appearances, he registered 19 Goals (3rd in PL), 11 Assists (4th in PL), 9 PoMs (3rd in PL), 48 Key Passes (2nd in PL), 17 Chances Created (1st in PL), 1.85 DpG, and 7.52 AR (2nd in PL).  His AR was the second highest of his career, and he was easily one of the finest players in the PL this season, as he has been for the past several years.  The fact that he is approaching 100 Caps for England also is a testament of just how incredible he has been as player.  My one wish for him at this point would be to play meaningful Champions League football while still in the prime of his career. Rating: 8/10Career

DEFENSE

Giorgos Panagiotou (2035), 23 Years Old, Central Defender: Another solid season from Panagiotou, and the good news is the team showed some (albeit not too significant) progress on defense.  In 35 Appearances, he registered 3 PoMs, 1.95 TpG, 9 Key Tackles (10th in PL), 77 Key Headers (3rd in PL), 149 Interceptions (2nd in PL), 51 Shots Blocked (1st in PL), and 6.90 AR, which was higher than his career average of 6.85 AR.  His 3 PoMs were a career-high, and it was good to see him become one of our leaders in the back.  Despite his young age, he has already played in 286 League Games for us, and his calm and controlled demeanor and play shows maturity beyond his years.  Rating: 7/10

MIDFIELD

Josh Vincent (2030), 29 Years Old, Central Midfield: Although he played in 33 Games, he only started 9 of them, with Tom Craig becoming the preferred partner of Muller in the starting lineup this year.  This is not a slight against Vincent, who continued doing what he does best – consistent and durable play.  He registered 3 Goals, 4 Assists, 1.81 TpG, 80% Pass Ratio, and 6.88 AR (down from 7.04 AR last season), which are good numbers for someone who was getting less than 30 Minutes most games.  My coaching staff have pointed out that he could have real problems with injuries going forward as he grows in age, but I have not seen any hints of that yet.  Rating: 6.5/10

Mick Muller (2037), 22 Years Old, Central Midfielder: Muller did not have a good season by his standards – his AR dipped from 7.16 to 6.87 this season.  In 36 Appearances, he registered 2 Goals (down from 8), 6 Assists, 1 PoM, 1.97 TpG, 82% Pass Ratio, and 6.87 AR (down from 7.16 AR).  His PA is now at 4/5 after being at 5/5 his entire career, so my staff think he is playing close to his full potential at this point.  Honestly, I would have liked to see him develop more, but it doesn’t seem likely, which means he will fall in line with a current trend I have going on of developing respectable PL players that are not stars.  Rating: 6.5/10

Tom Craig (2038), 21 Years Old, Central Midfielder:  I thought I would get a better season from Craig – he seemed primed to be the kind of creative midfielder I have been yearning for in my team, but he left me disappointed.  In 35 Appearances, he registered 3 Goals, 3 Assists, 1.17 TpG, 81% Pass Ratio, 1.02 DpG, and 6.81 AR, which was down from 6.86 AR.  He has fantastic technical abilities to go with good attacking skills, so I thought he would compliment Muller well and started him alongside the player as opposed to our long time starter Vincent.  Hopefully, he will do better next year, because the ability is there and is obvious.  Rating: 6.5/10

ATTACK

Dan Demby (2027), 32 Years Old, Striker (18 Caps/2 Goals): After giving us his finest season of his career (30 Goals, 7.46 AR), Demby started showing his age this season (30 Apps, 15 Goals,  8 Assists, 7.19 AR), and actually went down with a hip injury that ruled him out of the last 6 weeks of the season.  Demby and Marques have been the focal points of our offense for the past decade, and the former has been one of the highest scoring and most consistent goalscorers in PL during that time.  Those times have probably reached an end for the 32 year old, but Demby has already earned the title of legend at the club – in fact, I would put him behind only Marques and Hodges in terms of the greatest player of all-time conversation at Kafra.  Rating: 7/10

Daniel Jackson (2035), 24 Years Old, Striker (4 Caps/1 Goal): After 3 years of scoring 12 Goals, he finally broke the trend and scored 18 Goals in his 38 Appearances this season – he also registered 6 Assists and 7.07 AR, his highest mark since his sensational 2038/39 season.  He is now at 4/4 CA and 4/4 PA, and my staff consider him a “Good Player” for most PL teams, which is good considering he hasn’t really developed much in the past 2-3 years.  He is a very similar player to Demby, and if he can have the same kind of effect on the team that Demby did, we will be in a good place.  Rating: 7/10

HOT PROSPECTS

Josh Peacock (2039), 20 Years Old, Right Winger: Although he delivered quite a decent season (33 Apps, 8 Goals, 5 Assists, 3 PoMs, 1.58 TpG, 76% Pass Ratio, 1.54 DpG, 6.93 AR), his lack of development in his attributes basically means he is not our long term solution at right wing.  That’s a shame, because I had high hopes for him and he looked so good coming out of the Youth Academy. He still has the tag “Wonderkid” so there is some reason for optimism, but that has not amounted for much with other players in the past few years.

Nathan Johnson (2039), 20 Years Old, Goalkeeper: Time will tell if I did the right thing selling Taylor and naming Johnson as my permanent starter, but his second season as our No.1 went pretty OK – in 38 Appearances, he registered 1.71 Con/90, 7 Clean Sheets, and 6.95 AR.  The most important thing now is for him to continue his improvement – the main reason I decided to start him over Taylor was that he had the potential to be a better GK as opposed to a direct comparison between the two.  If he does improve in the next 2-3 years, my decision will be validated. 

Gary Barrett (2040), 19 Years Old, Right Defender: He did better in his second full year as starter (32 Apps, 3 Assists, 1.81 TpG, 6.75 AR – up from 6.67 AR), and he is already looking like he could be a better player than Bamford could’ve been.  I love his skill-set (especially his pace), but I want to see a little more improvement in his defensive skills.  Hopefully, he will continue is strong progress – he has the look of a talented right-back if he can live up to his potential. 

Isaac Diallo (2041), 17 Years Old, Central Defender: The good news is that my staff still have him rated 5/5 PA, and that he has shown very decent progress in his attributes over the past couple of years.  If he can keep his development up, he will be in line for much more than just the 9 Appearances he got this year, especially as Smith is now getting older and less reliable.

Junior Boumsong (2042), 17 Years Old, Striker: Will he be the one to replace Demby in the starting lineup? He is definitely the leading candidate right now, thanks to his potential and already strong Finishing abilities.  He has good pace, which is something I also look for, and decent Technical abilities as well.  The bad news is my coaching staff have downgraded his PA to 4.5/5, so I don’t know if that means they don’t believe he can be a star or not, but right now, he is the most enticing striker prospect we have.

Tommy Brotherton (2042), 17 Years Old, Central Defender: He is now only 4/5 PA rated, which is worrying, but considering how young and versatile he is (he can play across the defensive line), I am still a big fan.  He has shown good improvement, especially in his defensive skills, so my hope is that his development will be strong and he can turn out to be a quality player for us. 

Aaron Taylor (2033)Career: Our starting GK for 8 years from 2033 up till 2041, Taylor is the best GK in the club’s history at this point.  The 26 year old was sold to Wolves for £2.9M after I chose to start Johnson over him and he said he didn’t want to be a No.2, Taylor played in 306 League Games for the club, registering 45 Clean Sheets and 6.91 AR over the course of his Kafra career.  All of his seasons were in the Premier League, over the past 5 years, he had missed just 2 Games. 

Callum Foley (2032)Career: A typical overachiever who accomplished so much more than expected for us, the Irish international (19 Caps/4 Goals) was sold to Serbian club Javor for £1.4M this season after losing his place in the first team.  He played in a total of 224 League Games for us, registering 18 Goals, 31 Assists, and 6.91 AR over the course of the 8 years he was with the first team.  He was actually a starter at one point in mid 2030s at CM for us, before becoming part of the rotation and eventually losing his place to younger, more talented midfielders.  Still, if I had a team of players that worked as hard as Foley, we would probably be PL champions by now! He was a personal favorite, so he will be missed. 

YOUTH INTAKE

WTUMC0.jpg

cy7zWR.jpg

Lee Harrison is the gem here, and considering how Peacock has not developed the way I would have liked at right midfielder, Harrison should have an immediate chance to play.  Leary could also challenge for playing time at the same position, with Opoku potentially having the ability to give Marques a rest or two at the left wing position depending on how fast he develops.

kATQyy.jpg

jtG9FR.jpg

22 hours ago, Marbah said:

kinda weird to see Bundesliga as the best competition reputation wise :D 

thanks for the update

Yes, usually its the Premier League that is dominating at this point in the save, so its a surprise seeing how well the Bundesliga are doing.  

Shalke just won its 3rd Champions League title in the past few years, defeating M'gladbach in the Finals.

Thank you for reading!